Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: PTR Patch 1.3.0

Default Re: PTR Patch 1.3.0

The comments by pros I mentioned and somewhat transcribed is available here:
    http://www.justin.tv/rootcatz/b/280412952
    The panel included:
    ROOTCatZ [Zerg], EGAxslav [Protoss], EGStrifeCro [Zerg], FnaticMSIGretorp [Terran], FXOSheth [Zerg]

Talked about both the patch changes and about the maps. I'll put this same link on the ladder map changes thread.

http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/263528/1/JHammer/

For people of the opinion "I completely will never pay for anything" but still wanting to watch GSL VODs....PM me. (Hint: Sharing is caring)

If you're making an account just to PM me.....don't waste your time.

Gradius's Avatar Administrator

We need a Hitler parody.

My fuhrer, though stim packs and bunkers have received an inconsequential increase in build time, the latest PTR changes do not contain the terran nerfs we were hoping for.

Ah well, at least we can still use high templar to combat bio-balls. *motions fingers

My fuhrer....high templar...

High Templar will no longer have the Khaydarin Amulet upgrade. After a Terran EMPs all your high templar in one click, you will not be able to warp in any more that have energy for a storm.

Everybody who got to master league by switching to Terran, please leave the room.

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

^ BRILLIANT!

Someone! Make it so!

extend it to a full one or cut the video short to fit it, either way, that shit would top reddit for a week!
    I am an enthusiast of good strategy games, sc2Esports and rollplay, although i dont really play anything atm.
    I work an internship at a government agency this fall, and have a good time at it.
    I'm being more social, active and honest lately. in all forums.

Hi.

the last balance patch had changes in the PTR that didn't make the cut to release.
    Right, like FG not hitting air - cant remember the other right now.
    "Wait.....no Gzhee-Gzhee.....?.....whu......Why no Ghzhee-Gzhee?!?!?!?!"

RIP - Leslie Nielsen

Quote Originally Posted by Caliban113 View Post
    Right, like FG not hitting air - cant remember the other right now.
    Bunker build time was decreased. *shudders*

Maul's Avatar Member

Quote Originally Posted by TychusFindlay View Post
    ^ BRILLIANT!

Someone! Make it so!
    Haha noooo. I think we've all seen enough versions of that clip to be able to play it in our heads by now :P
    I really need to change this...
    Check out my maps: Maul's Spirial Turret Defense and Maul's Risk: Bel'shir

Regarding instant storm - why not just lower the +energy that the upgrade gives? It currently gets you your 75 energy for storm so that you can use it right away. Just lower the number so that you spawn with 70 energy instead. You can still warp in HTs that will be usable very quickly, but you can't completely negate a marine drop unless you spot it in advance.

Hunter_I's Avatar Junior Member

Heh, while I gues that diamon/masters Protoss might find a good way to live without the amulet. Even though it will cost them dearly and it will probably make the usage of Archons even less frequent - who would "waste" a perfectly useful HT if a new one can't be warped with an energy ready.
    BUT for Protoss below these levels this is a killer. Who do you expect a bronze-gold protoss to defend, let's say a main a natural and 2 more exps (or even 1) agains the muta? Or what is one supposed to do vs unexpected air raid by void rays / banshee - march his army across the map? Before the patch you could buy yourself some time with a couple of cannons and warped HTs, and now... spam cannons like there's no tomorrow?

Bliz team must be thinking playing Toss isn't complicated anough and is all around A+Move or something.

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

Quote Originally Posted by Maul View Post
    Haha noooo. I think we've all seen enough versions of that clip to be able to play it in our heads by now :P

Lies and deceit from the pits of Hell.