Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: PTR Patch 1.3.0

Default Re: PTR Patch 1.3.0

Tychus people seem to not get something. Energy regen is not 1 energy per sec. It's like 0.5 ish every second. The exact time is like 44.44 game secs to get 25 energy.

EDIT: http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/High...tarCraft_II%29
    Here's the proof. The exact regen is 0.5625 energy/game sec.

Additionally the only thing with an energy regen of 1 per second is the point defense drone.
    http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Point_defense_drone
    Last edited by JackhammerIV; 02-27-2011 at 08:03 PM.

http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/263528/1/JHammer/

For people of the opinion "I completely will never pay for anything" but still wanting to watch GSL VODs....PM me. (Hint: Sharing is caring)

If you're making an account just to PM me.....don't waste your time.

dustinbrowder's Avatar Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JackhammerIV View Post
    Not sure about medivac unloading and healing. Not like we have PTR on the EU servers yet. Maybe someone on the NA server can test it out.

The thing with the amulet was it's too big a nerf to HTs. 45 secs of waiting around with a HT to gain energy. And despite how everyone says "Oh it's the same as the time it takes an infestor or ghost to build" they forget one thing. The HT is not safely waiting inside an egg or building. Instead it's out on the field just asking to be sniped.
    Right now its just too beneficial to protoss, its instant storm, due to warp-in of course. If warp-in didn't exist this won't be problem since you have a high build time on units.

I for once think this is good balance, though the research for storm should be faster.

Baneling's Avatar Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by JackhammerIV View Post
    Tychus people seem to not get something. Energy regen is not 1 energy per sec. It's like 0.5 ish every second. The exact time is like 44.44 game secs to get 25 energy.

EDIT: http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/High...tarCraft_II%29
    Here's the proof. The exact regen is 0.5626 energy/game sec.

Additionally the only thing with an energy regen of 1 per second is the point defense drone.
    http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Point_defense_drone
    Just an idea, but what about keeping the Amulet upgrade, but changing it to increase energy regen for HT by 33% or something like. Would that work? It would mean no instant storms, but generally better HT.

Exactly baneling that's a nerf that would be acceptable to most protoss. Even Jinro said nerfing it that way would be better than what blizzard did. But he wanted just a lower energy increase. Jinro noted that a toss can't see like a big army moving from across the map and warp in a HT to have storm in time to defend.

If they reduced the starting energy bonus or made it a faster regen rate such that it takes 10-20 game secs to get enough energy for storm then there wouldn't be any insta warp-in storms. But toss can still warp in HTs in time to have storm to defend. The exact way to change it needs to be tested though. Perhaps using a map like metalopolis and seeing how long it takes an army to get to your natural from cross positions.

Going with a 33% regen rate makes the regen 0.75 energy/sec so it takes 33.33 secs to get enough energy from storm. A bit slow to be able to warp in templar to defend an incoming push. If it was like 25 energy in 25 secs so 1 energy/sec then it'd feel better as toss defending. But it would mean from 0 to 75 energy it takes 75 secs instead of the current 133.33 secs. Almost a full minute earlier. Toss would be much more careful keeping templar alive. And the decision to keep templar to gain energy or just morph into archon becomes harder. But it might cause a situation where toss keeps alive lots of their templar and terran has a hard time if they can't kill the templar off. So any kind of energy regen buff instead of +starting energy might not work out so well to nerf protoss late game versus terran/zerg.

The best thing would be just +20 energy from amulet and making the upgrade cheaper or finish faster to reflect it. Then there'd be an 8.88 second delay from warping in a templar and it storming. Enough time to warp in a templar near the start of a battle and using it to storm as the armies engage. No insta warp in storm and no warp in templars to keep pushing back terran with insta storms available.

http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/263528/1/JHammer/

For people of the opinion "I completely will never pay for anything" but still wanting to watch GSL VODs....PM me. (Hint: Sharing is caring)

If you're making an account just to PM me.....don't waste your time.

They couldn't have nerfed it a little.

Why have they removed so much variety from the game? The upgrade in SC1 allowed more storms but not instant. It gave you 62 and added 50 to the max. A much better solution.

Dustin Browder is just piss poor at game design. SC2 feels a lot more like SC1 mixed in with CNC than anything.

Instant storms is only OP because of the circumstances in which HT can be created. I somewhat feel instead of a nerf to HT, they should boost other casters to possibly be as effective as Instant-warp in HT's.

The other possibility is capping a no-cast timer on HT after warp, say because of 'Warp Sickness' they can't focus a psi storm in the first 10 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Instant storms is only OP because of the circumstances in which HT can be created. I somewhat feel instead of a nerf to HT, they should boost other casters to possibly be as effective as Instant-warp in HT's.

The other possibility is capping a no-cast timer on HT after warp, say because of 'Warp Sickness' they can't focus a psi storm in the first 10 seconds.
    That's pretty brilliant. Though not very elegant and rather out of tune with most other SC gameplay mechanics.

i suspect blizz wants to keep a consistency among the caster upgrades;all races had a +25 sntarting energy upgrade...

i think this is kind of getting in the way here, indeed, a buff to HT energy regen as replacement for the amulet seems reasonable. such an upgrade could also be shared with sentries.. problem is, every other unit has the exact same energy region.. allowing an exception might be perceived as an iffy notion.

about the "warpin sickness" idea, its good, but its an arbitrary exception of a kind that blizzard design doesnt take kindly to.

IF they can consider any variation in the +energy upgrade, i'd purpose one that is at like +15 starting energy, shared by snetries (or even +10, shared by phoenii too) .. this creates the same effect as a warpin sickness when it comes to storm, as 10-15 energy to regenerate constitues a significant delay for "warpin storms" in direct contact with battle.
    I am an enthusiast of good strategy games, sc2Esports and rollplay, although i dont really play anything atm.
    I work an internship at a government agency this fall, and have a good time at it.
    I'm being more social, active and honest lately. in all forums.

Hi.

Maul's Avatar Member

Don't freak out about the balance changes. That's the whole point of the PTR to test it out. I can't remember specifics now but the last balance patch had changes in the PTR that didn't make the cut to release.
    I really need to change this...
    Check out my maps: Maul's Spirial Turret Defense and Maul's Risk: Bel'shir

Quote Originally Posted by Maul View Post
    Don't freak out about the balance changes. That's the whole point of the PTR to test it out. I can't remember specifics now but the last balance patch had changes in the PTR that didn't make the cut to release.
    This. Infestor's Fungal couldn't hit Air, and that wasn't released. They would probably do something like Baneling said, change Amulet upgrade, so it increase the energy regen, there is actually no reason for HTs to be the only casters that don't have some energy buffs, while they are really important. Both in PvZ and PvT.
    "Living for the Swarm!"