View Poll Results: What proportion of Blizzcon attendees do you think keep track of SC2?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • <25%

6 33.33%
  • 25-50%

10 55.56%
  • 50-75%

1 5.56%
  • 75-100%

1 5.56%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do Blizzcon Attendees Keep Track of SC2's Progress?

Default Do Blizzcon Attendees Keep Track of SC2's Progress?

With Blizzcon literally just around the corner, I thought this would be an interesting topic to bring up. Having never been there myself, I'm curious whether those who do go there (specifically, those who are watching the Starcraft-related events) are up-to-date on SC2's progress. I mean, Blizzcon's attendees are well into the hundreds if not thousands (I'm ignorant on the numbers) where as SC:L's U.S. population is probably smaller. Are the rest lurking silently around here and other websites or do they just get their news through major events such as Blizzcon? Perhaps those who have attended previous conventions or on the ground will be able to shed some light on this.

I ask this since it might refect what Blizzard might 'unveil' for SC2, particularly surrounding the Single Player Campaign in light of the recent articles.

Default Re: Do Blizzcon Attendees Keep Track of SC2's Progress?

I...what is your question? Why is this a poll??

Edit: oh I get it now. Most people are there for WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by SaharaDrac View Post
    I...what is your question? Why is this a poll??

Edit: oh I get it now. Most people are there for WoW.
    good to see I wasnt the only confused person.

Most people go for WoW. The SC and D3 focused attendees are a small fraction of the total.

Quote Originally Posted by DemolitionSquid View Post
    Most people go for WoW. The SC and D3 focused attendees are a small fraction of the total.
    I see. Makes sense seeing as that's a released and current product. That said, of the Starcraft fans, are they generally aware of what's been happening with SC2 or do you reckon they wouldn't have heard about the latest info (e.g. the recently released tidbits on the single-player campaign)?

P.S.: Sorry for the confusion and stuff. It's late and I've had a long day.

Quote Originally Posted by mr. peasant View Post
    I see. Makes sense seeing as that's a released and current product. That said, of the Starcraft fans, are they generally aware of what's been happening with SC2 or do you reckon they wouldn't have heard about the latest info (e.g. the recently released tidbits on the single-player campaign)?

P.S.: Sorry for the confusion and stuff. It's late and I've had a long day.
    Id say most people are ignorant to the newest stuff. For example, I could name every unit in the game right now off the top of my head. Most people couldn't do that.

How the hell are we supposed to know these stats?

GentleBen's Avatar Junior Member

I assume most have a general working knowledge of SC2's status but not like here. For example I have a friend who is pretty into starcraft and is excited for SC2. It's annoying because he keeps loose track of the development process and will tell me big "news" like a month or two after everyone here knows about it. I assume a lot of the attendees are like that. People who are excited but not religious about checking up on it. They probably all play WoW as well hehe.
    Last edited by GentleBen; 08-19-2009 at 02:43 PM.

I hate the idea of being bunched into the category of clueless SC newb. Lol.

I haven't been here long but I've done my best to lurk and get every detail ever since 07!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoonx View Post
    I hate the idea of being bunched into the category of clueless SC newb. Lol.

I haven't been here long but I've done my best to lurk and get every detail ever since 07!
    Well good, that will be one less ignorant person, and you have a lot of catching up to do =P