Thread: All the new video's we've seen are well over 2-3 months old

Default All the new video's we've seen are well over 2-3 months old

I just want to share an observation - I've just noticed they're still using old Zerg building models for the singleplayer video. That means the "latest" released videos are still many many months old. Much older than the Jun 20th B-Roll video we were shown earlier since that already has the latest zerg buildings in it.

This actually makes Blizzcon much more interesting as we'll finally get to see the fully updated Art in action rather than videos on months old builds. Even the B-Roll video is probably a May build of the game. Oh who knows, Blizzcon may be using a June build of the game like they've done in previous Blizzcons (08 was using a 1-2 months earlier build of the game) so the only real benchmark of the latest build is when Beta gets released. Although I don't think they'll hold back during Blizzcon this time like last time. I bet they're burning the midnight oil to push the latest build out the door so they can finally show a complete pre-beta build before launching the beta.

All in all I can't wait for Beta to see the latest build up close rather than wait for Blizzard Legal to approve months old videos. I think the only things we've seen close to the latest builds are screenshots and renders. (Even those are prepared months in advance so they can send them off to Magazines to get them printed)

I just wanted to share this observation for anyone thinking the art still looks outdated or CGI looks like it needs a lot of work. The stuff we're seeing is just delayed echo images of what Blizzard is currently up to.

Considering they're in crunch time, I'm assuming they're working an average of 10 hours a day, and their artists are probably going through some serious last minute changes / updates to various critical things.

If you've watched the Blizzard Cinematics DVD with commentary, you'll learn a lot about how Blizzard dev team managed to cram through the last 24 hours with a huge load of fresh material. Some of the Cinematics they said were literally done overnight before the game had to ship. It was that close of a deadline. And I believe them and that SC2 will undergo the same amount of craziness. Hope this post was informative

Default Re: All the new video's we've seen are well over 2-3 months old

Are you talking about the new NEW singleplayer video, on the front page?

The only old Zerg building model in that video is the Creep Tumor, everything else is updated, even the Nydus Worm.

-Psi
    >>You Must Construct Additional Pylons<<

Quote Originally Posted by PsiWarp View Post
    Are you talking about the new NEW singleplayer video, on the front page?

The only old Zerg building model in that video is the Creep Tumor, everything else is updated, even the Nydus Worm.

-Psi
    Yeah, that video was made mostly likely in June. Notice how they still have the old Zerg Spine Crawler (or the AA version of that). The new Nydus Worm may not be new at all since we haven't seen it in any video since WWI07.

Perhaps you should turn on the HD and fullscreen, just because that Spine Crawler's positioned like a cobra, doesn't mean its the old thin model.

It's the newer stretchy tentacle model of the Spine Crawler, same with the updated Spore Crawler that was attacking the Hyperion.

Speaking of Nydus Worms... have you noticed how the ones in the video spreads Creep as they surface?

-Psi
    Last edited by PsiWarp; 08-18-2009 at 02:24 AM.
    >>You Must Construct Additional Pylons<<

As you said, things will look better at Blizzcon. I hardly see the point of having a newer build since the goal was to show off the singleplayer campaign, units stats and models are a bit irrevelant.