Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Starcraft 2 in Chinese

Default Re: Starcraft 2 in Chinese

tbh i think the zerg voice sounds the best
    http://i.imgur.com/8oAhR.gif

Pandonetho's Avatar SC:L Addict

To be honest, the Chinese Adjutant lady wasn't so bad (I'm Chinese) and I can imagine a futuristic Chinese military robotic AI adjutant lady sounding like that lol.

The other 2 were just terrible.

the protoss one was the worst...haha. I felt like I was listening to a chinese news anchor.

Quote Originally Posted by imdrunkontea View Post
    the protoss one was the worst...haha. I felt like I was listening to a chinese news anchor.
    The units themselves aren't bad, Ghost voices are badass =0

Quote Originally Posted by Blasterion View Post
    The units themselves aren't bad, Ghost voices are badass =0
    haha i wanna hear the ghost!

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

How well does StarCraft 2 sell in China? I can't imagine this had as much effort put into it as the others. I've heard Spanish and Russian and they sound decent. Is this game just bootlegged to hell and back like most things?

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.

Quote Originally Posted by TychusFindlay View Post
    How well does StarCraft 2 sell in China? I can't imagine this had as much effort put into it as the others. I've heard Spanish and Russian and they sound decent. Is this game just bootlegged to hell and back like most things?
    1. It's a good game
    2. Esport is popular
    3. There's just as much effort
    4. I don't really see what the problem is
    5. why the offensive comments?

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

1) Yes, it is. So are a lot of the other games bootlegged.

2) I know. Doesn't mean it sells.

3) I disagree. Like I said, the other languages I've heard sound much better. The way I see it, there's two options: there's no good Chinese voice actors or there wasn't as much effort put into the product.

4) The voices sound awful to me.

5) Truth is only offensive if you're sensitive about it. Nothing I can do about that. It's a valid question as China is notorious for bootlegging everything from software to hardware. They even have government sponsored programs to disect Intel chips so that they can manufacture bootlegs. Given that you can buy just about any game for dirt cheap in Hong Kong and the Chinese are used to buying games for a few dollars instead of 60$ (or whatever), it's possible Blizzard just wanted to minimalize financial risk.
    Last edited by TheEconomist; 02-14-2011 at 10:39 AM.

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.

Quote Originally Posted by TychusFindlay View Post
    1) Yes, it is. So are a lot of the other games bootlegged.

2) I know. Doesn't mean it sells.

3) I disagree. Like I said, the other languages I've heard sound much better. The way I see it, there's two options: there's no good Chinese voice actors or there wasn't as much effort put into the product.

4) The voices sound awful to me.

5) Truth is only offensive if you're sensitive about it. Nothing I can do about that. It's a valid question as China is notorious for bootlegging everything from software to hardware. They even have government sponsored programs to disect Intel chips so that they can manufacture bootlegs. Given that you can buy just about any game for dirt cheap in Hong Kong and the Chinese are used to buying games for a few dollars instead of 60$ (or whatever), it's possible Blizzard just wanted to minimalize financial risk.
    Don't pull a dustinbrowder in this thread I ask kindly of you.