Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Art] Sarov's Collection

Sarov's Avatar The Enforcer

Default [Art] Sarov's Collection

[....]
    Last edited by Sarov; 05-11-2011 at 08:13 PM.

Default Re: [Art] Sarov's Collection

Ohoho, I can't wait till you color Zeratul, even the lineart is awesome

Scientists measure a second as the duration of 9,192,631,770 periods
    of the radiation corresponding to the transition between the two hyperfine
    levels of the ground state of the caesium 133 atom.
    Or the duration of 9,192,631,770 matches where David Kim crushes you head to head in StarCraft 2

Does this mean that we can start posting art threads in SC2 Discussion now? :]

Your Zeratul is very impressive! I'm a line art kind of guy myself, and I reckon that must have taken crazy long to make all clean :P.

Just a few suggestions - perhaps add some lines (doesn't have to be a lot - even just one or two) to indicate musculature for his forearms and legs. It looks a little 'empty' in comparison to the detail on his face. Also, his thighs look a little too thick, but that might just be me.

Looking very forward to seeing your colouring technique!
    The only place for a hamshank is on the dinner plate!

There's a reason why Edward Longshanks was an evil git in 'Braveheart'! Down with the shanks! All of them!

Quote Originally Posted by Equiliari View Post
    Ohoho, I can't wait till you color Zeratul, even the lineart is awesome
    Thanks.

I'm hoping I can get the coloring done well but I have a feeling it will take many, many tries.

Quote Originally Posted by GRUNT View Post
    Does this mean that we can start posting art threads in SC2 Discussion now? :]

Your Zeratul is very impressive! I'm a line art kind of guy myself, and I reckon that must have taken crazy long to make all clean :P.

Just a few suggestions - perhaps add some lines (doesn't have to be a lot - even just one or two) to indicate musculature for his forearms and legs. It looks a little 'empty' in comparison to the detail on his face. Also, his thighs look a little too thick, but that might just be me.

Looking very forward to seeing your colouring technique!
    Not sure about the art threads. Gradius and I were talking about the fact that the Holo Deck forum isn't used much anymore. You'd probably have to ask him individually. Sorry.

Actually, according to a concept art piece, their thighs are actually pretty thick when compared to the lower section of their legs. And besides, some of the thickness is actually due to the bandages. As for the time spent on it: it involved a lot of zooming and very slow, very meticulous brush strokes.

If I may ask, what is your Art background Sarov?

They look really good, especially the Zeratul one.

Mad props to you Sarov. Zeratul looks truly awesome!

How long does it take you to complete one of these?

Stand and deliver, that my hamster might have a better look at you.

Quote Originally Posted by Genopath View Post
    If I may ask, what is your Art background Sarov?

They look really good, especially the Zeratul one.
    Heh. Funny thing you should ask. I'm entirely self-taught although I rarely draw so there isn't much 'teaching' there. I've never had an art course at school (that is, no media/traditional art courses).

Quote Originally Posted by Dropsonic View Post
    Mad props to you Sarov. Zeratul looks truly awesome!

How long does it take you to complete one of these?
    Yeah. The Zeratul one is my absolute favorite - I'll probably be coloring that one first. I absolutely love the amount of detail in it and the lines are perfect.

As for how long it takes, that depends. The High Templar one I did in less than thirty minutes but the Zeratul one took longer because I was playing around with the pose. The inking process also depends on how big the picture was originally as well as how much time I spend on the rough copy, the sketching, working on the pose, etc. The Zeratul one was originally 8000 by 8000 so you can imagine how much inking was needed for that one.

i could never create something as great or detailed like art as such and so, perhaps i am not to give critique, for i don't want to sound unamiable about them (they're both really cool) but i'm wondering over Zeratul's hands... so many of his features seem gorgeoulsly located which makes his hands seem very... young...hrm...

eh...maybe i'm just waiting for colouring to happen... sorry... i guess i'm excited about seeing the results...

Quote Originally Posted by senervo View Post
    i could never create something as great or detailed like art as such and so, perhaps i am not to give critique, for i don't want to sound unamiable about them (they're both really cool) but i'm wondering over Zeratul's hands... so many of his features seem gorgeoulsly located which makes his hands seem very... young...hrm...

eh...maybe i'm just waiting for colouring to happen... sorry... i guess i'm excited about seeing the results...
    Oh, it's perfectly fine. It doesn't matter if you can't draw, I still want to hear what you have to say.

As for those who were wondering about the arms and hands, I left those intentionally 'bare' because I wanted to wait until coloring. His face and bone crest was finished because there is a lot of detail and I wanted to have that prior to coloring. Either that or I never got around to finishing the arms and hands.

MajinX's Avatar Junior Member

Im not much of a line art guy, probably coz i dont color my drawings in and leave them black and white, which means i put alot of the shading in and its has more defination. But i appreciate your detail and cant wait to see it in color.

Maybe one day ill try a color drawing, altho I have never done one or know how to do one, do u use drawing pencil crayons?

I finished drawing an hydralisk the other day, ill post it after i find time to upload it.
    Last edited by MajinX; 02-11-2011 at 02:10 AM.