Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: StarCraft II Trilogy makes "Worst **** moves ever pulled by gamers" list

hack59's Avatar Junior Member

Default Re: StarCraft II Trilogy makes "Worst **** moves ever pulled by gamers" list

Quote Originally Posted by Muspelli View Post
    Actually, according to some of the guys who used to work at Westwood (you can confirm this at the forums of their new company, Petroglyph), RA2 was going to be linked up to Command and Conquer in C&C3.

It involved Nod finding an old Chronosphere, and a close associate of Kane being sent into the past. So yeah, there was a link, but it still resulted in an alternate timeline.
    Hm, well, the didn't go with that in the end, so I'm not sure what to make of that. Perhaps they realised it didn't make any sense at all and would seriously undermine the 'mature' nature of the Tiberian story, since they decided to just go for flat-out wacky hijinks with Red Alert? Not much point speculating, none of the Westwood products except RA1 ever mention this link, and I think we're all better off for it. I enjoy being able to take something serious once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimera757 View Post
    I wouldn't say Firestorm is not canonical, I'm just saying the Nod ending (with all those Kane clones) is either inaccurate or misleading. Please note that in most C&C games only one of the storylines is canonical anyway. I believe this was not the case in Tiberium Wars though.
    But Firestorm was the first game to offer compatible campaigns which are both part of the same story, wasn't it? So everything from Firestorm onwards is canonical. Only the TD and TS Nod campaigns aren't.

Default Re: StarCraft II Trilogy makes "Worst **** moves ever pulled by gamers" list

Quote Originally Posted by hack59 View Post
    But Firestorm was the first game to offer compatible campaigns which are both part of the same story, wasn't it? So everything from Firestorm onwards is canonical. Only the TD and TS Nod campaigns aren't.
    I did say the Nod ending was either wrong or misleading. There might be Kane clones, but there's only one Kane. (Also confirmed in C&C IV, when Kane talks about how long he'd been on Earth.)
    StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay, and member of the StarCraft II Fansite Program.

"Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."

Sorry for entering in off topic mode again XD
    but I must get some things right.

@Kimera757
    First of all there is no clones ,like ever XD
    The end of Firestorm make perfect sense and I get it long time ago....
    That dudes in tubes are not clones it is collective mind of CABAL (The Computer Assisted Biologically Augmented Lifeform) and after McNeil stab him he got connected to CABAL (end of firestorm) and regenerate and also CABAL then go rogue in search for Tacitus (because Kane want that and his mind is in CABAL collective during the Firestorm).

And about undamaged Kane people see only on screen (can used technology to make him unharmed) not in person,only Slavik (leader of Black Hand and his right hand) and inner circle know about truth about his damaged face.
    In the beginning of Kanes Wrath we see how they continue from Firestorm.

And about origin information of Kane you can pick in first game...
    I read it once interview with Joe Kucan (Kane) and how he explained that for
    the first game Kane have connection with a bible
    "The Brotherhood of Nod" was an invention of original C&C designer Eydie Laramore. She and I spent hours discussing biblical metaphor and imagined backstory"
    Probably some of you know about this connection,Adam and Eve had 3 sons,Cain,Abel,Seth.
    Cain was oldest and killed Abel then god for punishment banished him in the land of "Nod" (in Hebrew means "wander") and god make on him mark of Cain to prevent beasts or other humans from killing him.

And in all games we have connections with that,
    Brotherhood of Nod (Brotherhood of Wander),
    supposedly Abel secret tomb in c&c renegade,
    Seth in c&c1 and what he told "From god,to Kane,to Seth"
    Mark of Cain,maybe because of that he cant die,also Marked of Cain he called his new army of cyborgs in c&c3
    Ezekiel's Wheel was the name of the stealth tank prototype (Ezekiel is old testament prophet)
    And few more things I cant remember now.
    There is a lot of maybes here XD

I think this thread should be retitled to 'StarcraftLegacy makes "Worst **** moves ever pulled by forum posters" list' for the crime of hijacking a Starcraft thread to talk about Command & Conquer.

Sarov's Avatar The Enforcer

Quote Originally Posted by mr. peasant View Post
    I think this thread should be retitled to 'StarcraftLegacy makes "Worst **** moves ever pulled by forum posters" list' for the crime of hijacking a Starcraft thread to talk about Command & Conquer.
    If I see another off-topic post concerning C&C, I'm locking this thread.