Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: *Spoiler* New WoW Expansion Information

Default Re: *Spoiler* New WoW Expansion Information

Quote Originally Posted by Norfindel View Post
    But they're going to announce the details anyways, right?
    Hrm, I would believe so If they aren't "revealed" I'm sure they'll sneak out the info in the Q/A sessions or presentations. The question is "how much" is too much really.

An example is that while they release all that information at Blizzcon, does it truly show the next level for the Raiding, Arena, battlegrounds or instancing? If we go ahead and assume all this information is to be released at blizzcon, we can also look at it that each item is highlighting important points, or points that could be released at the beginning of the game.

With WoW in particular, things are typically revealed as a patch by patch basis. So if there are four big storyline instances in the game, the details of them are revealed 1 at a time, months apart, and the details about the story are revealed by people as they rip through the content.

While some people might want to learn it themselves... ultimately, I still hold that the decision is theirs. Either they read about it, or try their best ot learn it themselves... because information is rampantly available doesn't mean it should be rampantly accessed.

/HappyArrogantMomentOn
    ... Wow, I think that last line sounds interesting, I wonder if it would be ever quoted. /ArrogantMomentOff
    Please be aware of the SC:L Posting Rules and Guidelines.

If I were you, I'd look at these links. You might even follow or like them or something...

StarCraft: Legacy: Like us on Facebook - Follow us on Twitter - Subscribe to our Youtube channel
    Legacy Observer: Watch live on Twitch.tv - Like on Facebook - Follow on Twitter - Subscribe to Youtube Channel

Maul's Avatar Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gifted View Post
    While I can agree that WoW can be a large time sink, any fun activity can be classified as such. The ability for it to be a time sink or not relies on the person who plays the game, and not the game itself. While I can see people with 3 max level characters, I also see people in SC that have 7000 game records on battle.net.

I will say that I feel the game gives excellent experience as a social environment (if you find people likeminded in the instances) and in terms of enjoyable content. It's also become INSANELY casual friendly recently. (Recent patch moved mounts down to lvl 20 for example)

I own a lvl 80 myself, but ultimately, I probably play the game 1-2 hours a week now when I play with my wife. I spend more time on this forum *chuckles*
    The difference between SC and WoW though is that SC you can jump into a game and play with no advantage, the results depend on your skill.

WoW you need to spend hours upon hours upon hours to earn new gear to remain competitive, with 10% being skill, 45% being RNG and 45% being gear.

Yes, any game can be considered a time sink, but I will never feel a need to continue playing SC, or schedule a raid etc, just to advance in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosSmurf View Post
    Actually got me kinda excited. I never play WoW for long due to either being unable to afford it or just burning out. I'd be up for rolling a Worgen though. Death Knight Werewolves.
    Yeah, same here.. but...

50% of this 'news' is crap. I almost guarantee it. Especially the story stuff and the old world changing that drastically.

The Mother of all Queens!

Thanks to Dynamik- for the signature!

Pandonetho's Avatar SC:L Addict

The difference between SC and WoW though is that SC you can jump into a game and play with no advantage, the results depend on your skill.

WoW you need to spend hours upon hours upon hours to earn new gear to remain competitive, with 10% being skill, 45% being RNG and 45% being gear.
    First of all, what's your point?

Second of all, to become good at SC you have to spend hours upon hours playing it.

Have you tried jumping into a C- game in iCCup without feeling at a "disadvantage?"
    Oh wait, no, you can't even PLAY C- players unless you're an equal level.

In SC you need to spend hours upon hours playing the game in order to be competitive, so I don't see the difference.

Yes, any game can be considered a time sink, but I will never feel a need to continue playing SC, or schedule a raid etc, just to advance in the game.
    And thus, we arrive at the conclusion that it's a different game entirely. Not only that, is this supposed to be a bad thing or something?

Maul's Avatar Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pandonetho View Post
    First of all, what's your point?
    Learn to read a thread and you'll see why

Pandonetho's Avatar SC:L Addict

I have read the thread and I don't see your point.

That it's a time sink? Is that all? Like any other game? That it requires hours of play just to stay competitive? Like any other game?

Please enlighten me with whatever point you were trying to get across instead of telling me to read the thread.

Maul's Avatar Member

I was expressing my opinion and then elaborating my thoughts to Gifted. I wasn't attempting to make any points, DUCY?

I'm 99% sure that this is crap. I really can't see the goblins being a new race. How lame and cheap would that be... Werewolf is cool though. Well honestly if this is all true, this will be the worst expansion ever made by Blizzard.

I always thought the best choice would be to un-neutralize the Pandarens and Naga.

Quote Originally Posted by sandwich_bird View Post
    I'm 99% sure that this is crap. I really can't see the goblins being a new race. How lame and cheap would that be... Werewolf is cool though. Well honestly if this is all true, this will be the worst expansion ever made by Blizzard.
    I actually think the idea of just updating the whole world a whole lot is pretty cool. Give us a proper Theramore and Lordaeron City...!

But I'm pretty the race stuff is true. Goblins fit in pretty well with the Horde. I can see one clan/tribe/whatever allying themselves with the Horde... for the right price!

Now the storyline stuff... uh yeah, no way.

Quote Originally Posted by DemolitionSquid View Post
    I always thought the best choice would be to un-neutralize the Pandarens and Naga.
    I agree, but Pandaren cause trouble with the chinese, and Naga are problematic when it comes to designing the armor to match the er... tail. (How would pants and boots work?)

The Mother of all Queens!

Thanks to Dynamik- for the signature!