Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So, REP is gone eh?

Default Re: So, REP is gone eh?

YA something to tell people how devot you are to a website/forum besides it can grow up to something the users can kill time on while they are online.

like halo armors (just a view) or money on a virtual tx hold-em (just a rank, no value involved)

I say, leave it as is: Nothing. There's no way I could ever get on the reputable posters list. And there's no way I'm letting anyone else on it if I can't get on it.

I say, leave it as is: Nothing. There's no way I could ever get on the reputable posters list. And there's no way I'm letting anyone else on it if I can't get on it.
    Hehe, so true. If i'm going down, i'm taking them down with me!!

But seriously, though I’ll never get high on it, I think a ranking/reward system might be a nice touch.

People on the list should get a special title or something showing that we are well-known and respected members of the forum.
    Lol. That right there is reason enough to do away with it altogether. Everybody and their mom are bound to come in with a sense of entitlement -- "But I've been here so long, and my opinion is important!"

Whatever. By now, if your opinion is worth anything, people know it. Rep isn't going to change that.

But if we do get rep (for shits and giggles and whatnot), +1 static is the way to go IMO.
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/7699/commun1.png

Quote Originally Posted by Santrega View Post
    Yeah, but its nice to get acknowledgment for being a good member of the community.
    People will recognize you anyways if you post a lot and are helpful.

Also if rep is included, maybe there should be different types of it? Someone knowledgeable in the development of sc2 might be awful at bw.

Quote Originally Posted by Whanhee View Post
    People will recognize you anyways if you post a lot and are helpful.

Also if rep is included, maybe there should be different types of it? Someone knowledgeable in the development of sc2 might be awful at bw.
    Being a good member of the community doesn't mean you are good or bad at the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Santrega View Post
    Yeah, but its nice to get acknowledgment for being a good member of the community.
    Thing is rep doesn't really do that, or at least not the way it worked back on on BlizzForums.

You'd have somebody come in and pick flame wars, and they'd accumulate all sorts of negative rep which is supposed to mean "hey this person is not a respected poster" but then one or two people with astonishingly high rep or post count or whatever would feel sorry for them and they'd instantly rocket up to fairly reputable status.

Honestly I think this community is small enough that everyone pretty much knows who makes useful posts and who doesn't, and it usually doesn't have much to do with what their rep says (or even their post count). Rep was pretty much just an ego boost thing.
    The Spider Brigade has disabled your radio gauge

Rep was just saying you had alotta interesting ideas and they were well liked or you were well liked.

Then again there were the noobs who went to the new to bf area and got like 15k rep their first day :P
    "I Bring Visions Of The Dammed Through My Dead Eyes"

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderBrigade View Post
    Thing is rep doesn't really do that, or at least not the way it worked back on on BlizzForums.

You'd have somebody come in and pick flame wars, and they'd accumulate all sorts of negative rep which is supposed to mean "hey this person is not a respected poster" but then one or two people with astonishingly high rep or post count or whatever would feel sorry for them and they'd instantly rocket up to fairly reputable status.

Honestly I think this community is small enough that everyone pretty much knows who makes useful posts and who doesn't, and it usually doesn't have much to do with what their rep says (or even their post count). Rep was pretty much just an ego boost thing.
    My suggestion wasn't for rep, if you look, I'm referring to the idea I had which allowed the community to vote people into a special title which shows they are valuable members of the community, the only catch is they have to stay active members.
    http://sclegacy.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=23&dateline=124193888  6

Please stop the spread of Mass Effect!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HellishProphet View Post
    Rep was just saying you had alotta interesting ideas and they were well liked or you were well liked.

Then again there were the noobs who went to the new to bf area and got like 15k rep their first day :P
    Best place for rep was the wayltn thread in a&e forum.