Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So, REP is gone eh?

Default So, REP is gone eh?

Well, its been nice getting my rep up, but now I guess I actually need people to support my opinions in order to look like a reputable member of the community :-P

There is no rep right?

Default Re: So, REP is gone eh?

I'm OK with no rep. Its just a gimmick. And if they do include it, it needs to be set a +1, not based on the rep of the other person.

ie. 150 rep means 150 rep. Not 150 rep = 95,677 points.

Quote Originally Posted by DemolitionSquid View Post
    I'm OK with no rep. Its just a gimmick. And if they do include it, it needs to be set a +1, not based on the rep of the other person.

ie. 150 rep means 150 rep. Not 150 rep = 95,677 points.
    So like a dig it thing?

Great, now we can all look forward to a deluge of "+1" posts...one of the worse cliché's to grace online forums.

Gradius's Avatar Administrator

We might implement a non-exponential rep system.

Nah, forget the +Rep idea... Make a page which shows the reputable posters, and do a vote every so often to add people to the list.

People on the list should get a special title or something showing that we are well-known and respected members of the forum. However, in order to keep the status you have to be an active member, and can be removed at any time by the admins...

I don't think rep is really needed, as even +1 can be abused, and especially if you allow neg rep.

Nah, forget the +Rep idea... Make a page which shows the reputable posters, and do a vote every so often to add people to the list.

People on the list should get a special title or something showing that we are well-known and respected members of the forum. However, in order to keep the status you have to be an active member, and can be removed at any time by the admins...

I don't think rep is really needed, as even +1 can be abused, and especially if you allow neg rep
    Pretty intresting idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Santrega View Post

I don't think rep is really needed, as even +1 can be abused, and especially if you allow neg rep.
    This is something else we'll be exploring.

~LoA

Nah... don't really think there's a need for any special treatment/title. I mean, we're all just people here. Except, maybe the mods... that's portmanteau for man gods anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by mr. peasant View Post
    Nah... don't really think there's a need for any special treatment/title. I mean, we're all just people here. Except, maybe the mods... that's portmanteau for man gods anyway.
    Yeah, but its nice to get acknowledgment for being a good member of the community.