Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forum issues & suggestions

Default Forum issues & suggestions

Anything that anyone's noticing that isn't working, needs to be changed, please post here.

My first issue is that the avatar size in the default usergroup is WAY tiny.

The maximum size of your custom image is 30 by 30 pixels or 58.6 KB (whichever is smaller).

That's WAY small in the dimensions, but larger in the file size - which is illogical.

Blizzforums was:

Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 125 by 125 pixels or 25.0 KB (whichever is smaller).

Also - Images aren't valid in Signatures..

X
    Last edited by XSOLDIER; 05-08-2009 at 04:02 PM.

Default Re: Forum issues & suggestions

My issue is that if your internet browser is in windowed mode (so not full screen) the site doesnt resize with the window so you have to scroll horizontally a lot...

Though I've brought this up with LoA already so meh

The smaller avatar size seems to be for the smaller avatars... I mean, you see where they are placed? The forum layout is one that isn't "left column with poster info + right column with post" like on BF, it's one with a smaller row above the post with poster info, a larger avatar would just stretch that out unnecessarily, y'know? Especially something at 125x125

Sig images being disabled I can understand, seeing as how small the forum is in the layout, plus they're not really that necessary.

The horizontal scrolling can be annoying, but why not just increase the size of the window? There's a reason it doesn't resize itself, most likely so the design doesn't break.

EDIT: A thought does occur though, that posts are.... like too "tall" if that makes any sense. There's too much space between the _____ sig break, and the cool picture at the bottom of every post.

Forums DO NOT WORK in Google Chrome. I panicked when I tried to be one of the first 100 to register and send in my nickname and couldn't figure out why the forums wouldn't load properly.

No worries though, I made it in, bit of a close call Firefox to the rescue!

If you want, I can post up a pic of how it looks in Chrome.

Wowee, you're right the forums are fubared in Chrome. I wonder if it's the same with Safari... O_o

EDIT: Safari works fine, so there you go. Clearly Google wants SCL to fail! o.o
    Last edited by Neo; 05-08-2009 at 07:08 PM.

Wow... I just got home and noticed the Chrome issue. Is there any plan to get it working?

X

schnubor's Avatar Junior Member

Safari doesn't load forums properly for me

Quote Originally Posted by Templar Infested View Post
    Safari doesn't load forums properly for me
    Which version? I just tested it in Safari 4 (Windows) and it appears to work fine O.o

It also works just fine in Safari3.
    here's to the crazy ones..