PDA

View Full Version : [suggestion] Hellion

MaybeNextTime
05-11-2009, 04:55 AM
Have posted this on TL and BlizzForums (older version). ;]

Hellion

Two new abilities, upgraded at Tech Lab at Factory.

- Napalm Trace

When activated, this ability causes the Hellion to leave a napalm trace behind it during X seconds' time. Afterwards, the trace is automatically set on fire, and burns for Y time. Units which get in contact with it start to burn, which lasts for those Y seconds (i.e. damage over time). Units standing directly in the napalm trace suffer from more damage than those that leave it ASAP.

This ability can be used to effectively cut off areas, be it in battle (cutting of narrow passages, preventing flanks, cutting off reinforcements), when defending, harassing (to prevent workers from escaping or even directly damaging them) or you could even leave a napalm trace behind LOS-blockers to inflict terrible, terrible damage to unsuspecting enemies. ^_____^

EDIT:

(as suggested by several people in the thread, sorry I'm too lazy :P)

Napalm Trace has a hard limit like Spider Mines, let's say of 3 (in other words, there is no cooldown anymore).

Hellion cannot attack while leaving the Napalm Trace.

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/6338/napalmtracekopia.jpg

- Nitro

Gives the Hellion a temporary speed boost.

EDIT:

(suggestions by KhaosKreator & Krikkitone)

Nitro is an alternative mode of Hellion. Switching between the two modes takes time, during which Hellion moves at speed of the current mode (i.e. Nitro -> regular, Hellion moves at Nitro speed until it's in regular mode) and cannot attack nor leave Napalm Traces.

Pros:

- faster movement speed
- smaller collision size (easier micro and run-by's)

Cons:

- cannot attack
- cannot leave Napalm Traces

Those abilities emphasize on the Terran's theme of defending with units (Bunkers, Mines, Tanks in BW) by allowing for lots of creativity regarding making pushes/encampments, as well as harassing with those very units (legacy of the Vulture :P).

What do you think?

Garius
05-11-2009, 04:59 AM
Wonderful, that would be a great idea. Light some suckers on fire. then nitro the hell out of there, it seems perfect. Its a perfectly balanced unit.

Perfecttear
05-11-2009, 05:07 AM
I like the nitro mode , but it realy doesn't need Napalm Trace upgrade it alredy has 12 +6 damage and with High Capacity Barrels upgrade it get's another 10 damage bonus vs light. So you wan't that the hellion has 3 upgrades?

MaybeNextTime
05-11-2009, 05:12 AM
No, just those two.

Freespace
05-11-2009, 07:36 AM
Nitro mode sounds very fun, and quite useful when you really need to get them somewhere fast.

Blazur
05-11-2009, 07:41 AM
Napalm Trace is a damn cool idea. Would love to see something like that implemented!

Noise
05-11-2009, 11:38 AM
As I mentioned on another forum, I really like the idea of the shared cooldown & nitro is awesome.

Rizhall
05-11-2009, 12:45 PM
I love it. This idea has potential.

Pandonetho
05-11-2009, 01:00 PM
I like napalm trace. As for nitro, not really. I'd prefer they give it a perfmanent researched speed upgrade instead.

0neder
05-11-2009, 03:16 PM
Are you related to PerfectTear?

We need more permanent, static upgrades. A speed upgrade would be great for the Hellions, but I don't think a temporary one would be a good choice.

Does anyone know how Hellion's current speed compares to upgraded vultures?

PsiWarp
05-11-2009, 03:17 PM
Napalm Trace sounds cool, if it could activate, the flamethrower rotates pointing backwards, transforms and opens up a bit, and leaves these traces that ignite the ground as it moves... but cannot attack normally (until you turn the trace off)... that would be awesome :)

-Psi