PDA

View Full Version : SC Tournament: BGN Invitational 9.1

SpaceDominator
07-15-2009, 10:55 AM
BGN Invitational 9.1

First off, I just want to apologize to everyone for the past couple of weeks. I am currently in the process of getting everything set up in what will become my new home in Louisville, Kentucky for my upcoming year of actually being a full time teacher teaching Computer Applications. It's great for me ultimately but for this particular tournament it didn't exactly set things up very well as I had to deal with 50,000 things related to the move plus getting sick on top of it. Bottom line though is that I will ultimately be situated in Louisville in the next couple of weeks, so we can get this tournament in and I will be able to make it successfully work and will also be able to keep on people to show up!

Format:
If you've read the format that we've followed for the past several BGN Invitationals, you know what is likely going to be happening here. I'm looking at a 12 or 16 person tournament which I still think we can get. If we get 12, we will have 4 groups of 3 and if we have 16, we will have 4 groups of 4. In both cases, the format is going to be similar:

Groups of 3:
Round Robin, each person will play each other person in a single bo3 series. The top player advances from each group. In the case of a tie, we will continue the round robin series with single games until we get a winner.

Groups of 4:
Double elimination tournament to determine a champion. Each series is going to be best of 3. The top player will advance from each group.

The four group winners will then play in a final group similar in format to the one listed above, double elimination except that the final two players will advance to the best of 7 championship series.

Dates and Sign-Ups:

Here are the dates and times for the BGN Invitational 9.1:

Sunday, August 2nd - Group 1 @ 4:00 PM EST
1.Roegi
2.Staind
3.Protoswarrior
4.Krishna

Thursday, August 6th - Group 2 @ 8:00 PM EST
1. KDraconis
2. PrecisionTime
3. I_Like_Spoons
4. Ramvid

Sunday, August 9th - Group 3 @ Noon EST
1. FPS_Deano
2. Nytefish
3. Only

Sunday, August 9th - Group 4 @ 3:00 PM EST
1. SuperKiller
2. Sinoya

[B]To sign up, please just let me know which group will work out best for you.

Final Group will occur on Sunday, August 16th starting at 3:00 PM EST with the championship best of 7 series occurring sometime during the week of August 16th.

Maps:

1. Python
2. Tau Cross
3. God's Garden
4. Destination
5. Neo Medusa
6. Blue Storm
7. Othello
8. Heartbreak Ridge

Map Pack Available For Download At: http://www.swoopzone.net/bgninv9/bgninv9.zip
Format for all series:

Game 1: Python
Game 2: Loser of Game 1's Choice(each player strikes a map, winner first)
Game 3: Winner of Game 1's Choice(no repeat of choice)

Championship Series:

Game 1: Tau Cross
Game 2: Loser of Game 1's Choice (Each player strikes a map, winner first)
Game 3: Winner of Game 1's Choice (No repeats)
Game 4: Loser of Game 1's Choice (No repeats)
Game 5: Winner of Game 1's Choice (No repeats)
Game 6: Python
Game 7: Tau Cross (because everyone loves Tau Cross)

Lastly, I am willing to do these group matches on ICCup. If you have any issues with getting on ICCup please let us know so we can resolve them before the group dates(they are far enough in advance).

All Matches will take place in the channel op BGN.