PDA

View Full Version : UMS

sandwich_bird
05-10-2009, 07:41 PM
What's your favourite ums? Which are you looking forward to play in sc2?

My 3 favourites are Risk II action edition, World Diplomacy and Zombie Europa. I just love massive empire management. I will probably remake them on sc2 once the game comes out.

I'm not really a fan of most of the other popular ums though. "The thing" is fun but other than that, I don't really enjoy defense game, lotr, strip game or c&m.

Kacaier
05-10-2009, 11:33 PM
My affection for a certain UMS map comes and go after a long repeated session. Though, the ones that still give me some enjoyment would be maps like Golems, Snowball Wars, and Random Unit Wars.

I never quite enjoyed RPG games, mainly because it was a total nuisance to glide across the map to a civilian and placing him on a beacon. I never played WCIII, but I'm sure RPG games will be a lot more intuitive. So I'd probably have a lot more joy in those.

Zero
05-11-2009, 12:15 PM
Aeon of Strife 2

It takes the Dynasty Warriors concept and improves it very well. It allows single player or multiplayer games, and any player can pick either side. Aside from the occasional lag on your special summons, there aren't any bugs I've come across. Great map. I can attach it here after I get home.

Edfishy
05-11-2009, 10:27 PM
Cerebrates and Mutilated Puppet's original version of "The Thing".

Novasquadron
05-20-2009, 11:19 PM
Old:
A day at school RPG
Legend of the Crystals RPG
Normandy
Original PTQ

New:
Any defense Map
Any new RPG

Zabimaru
05-21-2009, 02:22 AM
I can only ever find really bad UMS maps... So I don’t play them often. I might have a go with some of the ones listed here though.

Wayward Meteor
05-22-2009, 12:24 PM
Favorite's gotta be Raccoon City, even if it's impossible to win when those super spiders and tyrants attack at the very end.

GentleBen
05-24-2009, 01:56 PM
Poker D FTW