PDA

View Full Version : Critters

RainbowToeSocks
05-10-2009, 07:35 PM
What sort of critters would you guys like to see in SC2?

Any returning cast?

I dont care as long as they still explode

PsiWarp
05-10-2009, 07:36 PM
All critters previously seen should definitely return to SC2 somehow, new species are welcome :D

-Psi

Pandonetho
05-10-2009, 07:37 PM
Ursadon - AKA Panda Bear Guy
Kakaru

All of them actually.

MattII
05-10-2009, 07:41 PM
As Psi said, everything from before, plus others. I myself would like at least one per terrain (excluding space and installation/s).

RainbowToeSocks
05-10-2009, 07:45 PM
As Psi said, everything from before, plus others. I myself would like at least one per terrain (excluding space and installation/s).

I say giant rats in intallations =P

Kimera757
05-10-2009, 07:49 PM
Warcraft III had multiple types of critters per tileset. (Noting that related tilesets, such as Lordaeron SUmmer and Lordaeron winter often shared critters.)

I'd expect the same from StarCraft II. There are whole new planets out there. Numerous critters from Aiur have been described in the Dark Templar Saga; I hope to see all of them.

I hope they all have attack animations, so you can use them as special units in UMS maps.

MattII
05-10-2009, 07:50 PM
All of them I'm not sure about, but I'd certainly agree with at least some critters having attacks.

RainbowToeSocks
05-10-2009, 07:55 PM
They should add a cheat where you get a critter that kills all

like in Age of Mythology with the Canada Bear or the Flying purple hippo that spews hearts

SO cool

SoFool
05-10-2009, 08:00 PM
Panda bear guy FTW (ursadon)

mr. peasant
05-10-2009, 08:51 PM
But wasn't Braxis (the Ursadon's native planet) purified by the Protoss during Resurrection IV? It seems to me we've found yet another reason to hate Artanis.

The_Blade
05-10-2009, 09:06 PM
hope we can see the ursadon in combat armor, rather than the ugly Warcrap tauren XD

pure.Wasted
05-10-2009, 09:49 PM
All of them I'm not sure about, but I'd certainly agree with at least some critters having attacks.

The point isn't to give them attacks but to give them attack animations. None of the critters should have any effect whatsoever on game-play (outside of some rare occurrence in single-player), but all should have an attack animation so that we can use them creatively in UMS games.

MattII
05-10-2009, 10:03 PM
The point isn't to give them attacks but to give them attack animations. None of the critters should have any effect whatsoever on game-play (outside of some rare occurrence in single-player), but all should have an attack animation so that we can use them creatively in UMS games.

I agree they shouldn't have any effect on gameplay, but I can't see any problems with giving them attacks but making them cowardly enough to never use them, like a run-when-attacked attitude.

Pandonetho
05-10-2009, 10:35 PM
Just give them attack damages of 0 then.

Noise
05-11-2009, 12:29 AM
Hopefully there will be heaps of critters to choose from. I also think it would be cool if they ran away from units (say, if it can see more than 3 units it will run away), to make they more realistic.

Zabimaru
05-11-2009, 01:25 AM
I want giant sand worms. :)

MattII
05-11-2009, 01:30 AM
Just give them attack damages of 0 then.

Would that work, wouldn't a damage of 0 be counted as no attack? Personally I'd reckon give them 1 damage, and 15 cooldown (or whatever the twice-per-second damage is now), but make it so they run from anyone attacking them.

SpiderBrigade
05-11-2009, 01:33 AM
Nah, the point is to include the animation, doesn't matter if it does anything or not.

For certain critters, it would be neat for them to attack each other for some cool environmental flavor.

MattII
05-11-2009, 01:38 AM
That'd work better if we had multiple creatures from each world/tileset (maybe 2-3 per tileset).

SpiderBrigade
05-11-2009, 01:40 AM
that's what I had in mind, yeah

horror
05-11-2009, 03:30 AM
there should be robots in installation and space. like little cleaner things or surveillance planes

MattII
05-11-2009, 03:47 AM
Cleaners maybe, but not surveillance drones. I'd also like to see a few more traps, maybe a floor panel that slides aside to deploy bounding mines, or wall-mounted machine guns, plus the normal traps on all levels.

Freespace
05-11-2009, 03:59 AM
I say giant rats in intallations =P

Hell yeah!

Rizhall
05-11-2009, 12:36 PM
But wasn't Braxis (the Ursadon's native planet) purified by the Protoss during Resurrection IV? It seems to me we've found yet another reason to hate Artanis.

Wh-wha? Panda bear guy... wiped out??
I'm not sure if I'm going to stick with my Protoss main if this is true...

ExT
05-11-2009, 07:47 PM
I just hated the ugly 3 legged one.. I don't remember it's name ;) I agree with many, URSADON!

Wh-wha? Panda bear guy... wiped out??

Tis a sad day..

sandwich_bird
05-11-2009, 08:51 PM
more birdsssss, birds that attack! I hope they'll make some critters that can attack. I don't want them to be on ladder maps but in non-ladder games it could always be fun.

mr. peasant
05-11-2009, 09:07 PM
What critters should there be for the urban tileset? Civilians?

P.S.: I like the idea of a vacuum droid (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQduBjYNrUY) for Installations.

Whanhee
05-11-2009, 10:48 PM
Nah, the point is to include the animation, doesn't matter if it does anything or not.

For certain critters, it would be neat for them to attack each other for some cool environmental flavor.

Have them reproduce occasionally and imitate predator prey models XD bonus points for pack/herd mentality

I like the idea of cleaning robots for installations and civilians for urban settings, though as critters they would probably die during battles and some random human rights group will probably start some crap if sc2 lets you kill civilians >_>

Though it would be awesome to have a fight in a city with people running out of their cars before they are crushed by a siege tank rolling by and ultralisks plow through small buildings. Remember the debris physics they used to have? If they still had that, imagine the awesome as you not only destroy your opponents, but the debris falls and crushes all the buildings around.

Zero
05-12-2009, 12:15 AM
Have them reproduce occasionally and imitate predator prey models XD bonus points for pack/herd mentality

With the new StarCraft editor, this would be easily possible to set up.

hope we can see the ursadon in combat armor, rather than the ugly Warcrap tauren XD

Should be easy with the editor to add attacks and body armor.

RainbowToeSocks
05-12-2009, 12:18 AM
With the new StarCraft editor, this would be easily possible to set up.

Should be easy with the editor to add attacks and body armor.

you know its not always about the editor zero
haha