PDA

View Full Version : The Legacy Continues

LordofAscension
05-08-2009, 03:21 PM
Welcome to StarCraft: Legacy 7.0, formerly code named: alpha. It has been several years since we first initiated the alpha project; five coders, six graphic artists, twenty content staff members, and hours of frustration later, we are pleased to reveal the fruits of our labor. As you may have noticed, SC:L 7.0 is primarily a graphical upgrade from our famous v6.0 skin that had lasted almost 5 years. In addition to the new skin, SC:L's article system and backend has been revamped, giving the SC:L staff unparalleled control of the content you see. While our recent downtime was longer than we anticipated, we are proud to return. Our commitment to delivering the highest quality of news coverage, as well as innovative & interesting in-house editorials, is unchanged. We have several editorials and features in the pipe, 5-by-5. Make sure you explore our new site.
Here is a short description of a few of our new site features:

SC:L Official Forums - At long last, the StarCraft forums have split off from BlizzForums and are now hosted on SC:L, combining the two userbases into one of the largest online StarCraft communities. However, Blizzforums is an old forum with an exceedingly large database. Therefore, in order to not bog down the new forum database, Blizzforums's userbase shall be separate from and not part of SC:L. Users must reregister. However, if one wishes their post count restored, they should contact an administrator on the new forums.
Blog System - As part of our evolution, SC:L is attempting to become more user friendly. To this end we have added a blogging feature to our site. We suggest that it be used primarily for StarCraft related subjects, but this is of course, a site for you.
The Official SC:L Newsletter - We welcome back our popular site feature: "SC:L Weekly" as our official newsletter. To opt-in to our weekly recapping of all of your StarCraft related news from around the community be sure to click our new newsletter icon in the header.

http://sclegacy.com/forums/../features/break.png

In addition to our new features, SC:L has entered into some new and exciting partnerships. While the fruits of one are still secret (although that too is nearing completion), our other is poised to bring us many new benefits. SC:Legacy has joined the Org Network. That means we have teamed up with sites like Starcraft.org (http://starcraft.org/), Starcraft2forum.org (http://starcraft2forum.org/), and Campaign Creations (http://campaigncreations.org/) to provide even greater coverage. The rewards of this new partnership are numerous. You'll see our event coverage evolve and our inter-site collaboration increase.

StarCraft: Legacy aims to be your definitive StarCraft lore resource. To this end we have added several new reference articles:

StarCraft Story (http://sclegacy.com/forums/../feature/8-scencyclopedia/365-starcraft-story) - The extremely popular StarCraft lore resource used by Blizzard employees themselves, our StarCraft story transcript has been rebuilt from the ground up - featuring remade images, HD videos, and the literally never-before-seen transcript of the alternate "First Strike" Protoss demo mission at Antioch first discovered by SC:L's Gradius.
StarCraft Insurrection (http://sclegacy.com/forums/../feature/8-scencyclopedia/359-insurrection) and Retribution (http://sclegacy.com/forums/../feature/8-scencyclopedia/357-retribution) - The two add-on packs for StarCraft are extremely rare and difficult to find as they are no longer in production. Nonetheless, these official Blizzard-authorized StarCraft add-on packs are a part of StarCraft canon. SC:L now has the text transcripts for both Insurrection and Retribution.
StarCraft: Revelations (http://sclegacy.com/forums/../feature/8-scencyclopedia/358-revelations) and Hybrid (http://sclegacy.com/forums/../feature/8-scencyclopedia/356-hybrid) - Two StarCraft short stories authored by Chris Metzen and Mickey Neilson appeared in the now-defunct Amazing Stories science-fiction magazine. They are no longer sold and are extremely rare. SC:L now has the text transcripts for both Revelations and Hybrid available.

Of course, what would a grand celebration be without prizes and contests? Over the course of the next week you will see many contests begin here at SC:L. We have an incredible line-up of prizes and a very diverse selection of contests. To celebrate today, we're kicking things off with a very simple contest. The first 100 people to register at the new SC:L and email their username to lordofascension[at]sclegacy.com will be entered into a random drawing to win an extremely limited edition (20) print of the Tassadar control art, used to design the banner for SC:L 7.0, signed by your favorite SC:L staff member!

Continue to check SC:L for our new contest announcements all week long!

We sincerely hope you enjoy the new version of StarCraft Legacy and we encourage your feedback! If you have any comments or suggestions feel free to private message our staff or use the contact us form at the bottom of this page. What you see here today is by no means the end of the "alpha process"; we are already hard at work to produce additional content and site features - some of which are a very long time in coming. As always, SC:L staff is always vigilant when it comes to StarCraft news. Nonetheless, if you, our users, notice something interesting we missed please use the Submit News form to submit news tips to SC:L staff.

We look forward to continuing to bring you high quality professional StarCraft coverage. It is our great privilege to serve the community. A legacy never ends.

http://sclegacy.com/forums/../features/sclball.png

Junzou
05-08-2009, 06:44 PM
Guess I'm gonna lurk in these forums 24/7 now instead of Blizzforums :P

FoxSpirit
05-08-2009, 07:01 PM
Everythings great and stuff, congratulations. Just one thing: the forum is tiny in my browser. A small strip in the center with vast pastures on the left and right.
Great for feeding the ebugs but I'm currently not planning on eagriculture ;-)

Alar
05-08-2009, 07:10 PM
I'm very happy to see you guys back and running. I love the new design so far! The only thing I miss are the random quotes at the top part of the page.

Let's see this community come back, eh?!

The_Blade
05-08-2009, 08:04 PM
Great job guys, the website looks much, much better than what my imagination could manage to build.

:D

Vladus
05-09-2009, 01:49 AM
Adun Toridas

Welcome back guys, the site is waaay awesome. I can't wait to see people around here again.

Keep up with the good work and I hope we'll all be part of more glorious deeds.

Sovereign
05-09-2009, 02:52 AM
Hi,

I wonder whether there will be pimpest play 2008 or not?

SC2GG.com
05-09-2009, 03:24 AM
Congratulations on getting this done, LoA :)
Looks marvelous!

schnubor
05-09-2009, 04:47 AM
Good Job so far, im looking forward to check out the Beta Blog :P

When will the Fansite Database be up again?

l2k-Spec-Ops_X
05-09-2009, 08:10 AM
Congrats from WGTour! Great work :)

~Spec

VirtuaFighter5R
05-09-2009, 08:23 AM
Excellent. Been waiting forever for SCL to return it seems like.

Keep the community alive!

Freespace
05-09-2009, 08:34 AM
En taro Tassadar! Welcome back! Hell, it was about time.

Axilias
05-09-2009, 08:35 AM
Nice work. One lil thing, though, is that you can't easily get back to the homepage by clicking on the banner (up there) on all the site's pages... Unless i'm missing something...

Zabimaru
05-09-2009, 09:08 AM
Well, heres to the new site!

Kingrexsocc
05-09-2009, 01:56 PM
Thanks for finally coming back to us! Are you going to make the member list available like before?

Edit: I just found the list, haha. I'm way over the 100th person, dang.

Alex06
05-09-2009, 02:26 PM
What's funny is I somewhat expected the site would look like just like this. (The overall design, the color choices, the Tassadar image that was a small icon at the top on BlizzForums) Nice to see I was correct. I also expected three buttons on the left...I'm guessing more will appear eventually?

What I didn't expect though was the new forums, the High Templar wireframe on the right, the ticker at the top right part of the page, and the left and right parts that the forums had earlier (with wireframes of a Warp Prism and a Colossus). Too bad you guys removed that, that looked nice. Try and find a good place on the website where you could put it, though. :P

standinside
05-09-2009, 07:17 PM
Hi, Welcome back!

Just wanna give a suggestion, over at tekkenzaibatsu.com you can choose your character for the website.

Would it be too hard for sclegacy to have a theme for protoss/zerg/terran too? I think that be wicked. Im loving the protoss at the moment but im a Terran player and would prefer a different theme.

thanks!

Zero
05-10-2009, 01:58 AM
Good to be here amongst the StarCraft purists, and away from the mindless chatter and drama at Blizzforums.

Weavel
05-10-2009, 08:22 AM
New site is nice, but I loved unit quotes on old site. :/
You need to update a lot of things. Old site was full of writings, acticles and pictures of startaft 2. Anyway good job.

d3bn
05-10-2009, 09:27 AM
so, database reset ..
i wonder where the fansite link goes?

Hunta
05-10-2009, 01:26 PM
Interesting move, great design and a promising future! ;)

craghopper
05-10-2009, 06:08 PM
Absolutely fantastic guys:-D

Been following your site since i played the original starcraft in 99 for any tidbits on starcraft 2.....

Keep up the great work^_^

Praetor_Ixab
05-10-2009, 07:03 PM
Looks smooth, polished, and creative. It was rough, dealing with the long absence, but I'm glad to see you guys up and running! I tried my hand over at sc2pod and other places, but it just wasn't the same... Welcome back, SC:!

LordofAscension
05-10-2009, 08:27 PM
New site is nice, but I loved unit quotes on old site. :/
You need to update a lot of things. Old site was full of writings, acticles and pictures of startaft 2. Anyway good job.

So is the new site? What exactly do you feel is missing?

so, database reset ..
i wonder where the fansite link goes?

That system is currently being worked on.

And thank you to all the others for welcoming us back into the fold! We missed you too!

~LoA

Kerriganz
05-10-2009, 09:24 PM
wow this is AMAZING

Garius
05-11-2009, 01:52 AM
Awesome looking site here, congratz on your work.

Kerriganz
05-11-2009, 07:16 AM
yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy VERY NICE SITE GUYS!

DemolitionSquid
05-11-2009, 08:44 PM
The lot of you, sucking golf balls through a hose. Shamefully shameless.

;)

Zadkan
05-12-2009, 09:16 PM
im newbe here so... only 1 word: CONGRATULATIONS, you are amazing!

kurtosis
05-13-2009, 10:43 AM
Redesign looks absolutely fantastic. You can easily tell how much love went into this.

Cheers, to the many years to come! Love live SCLegacy!

LXM
05-13-2009, 11:42 AM
Loving the new skin, both on site and on the forums. Good job.

Novasquadron
05-14-2009, 01:04 AM
This is a impressive visual over haul.
I was glad that i was able to keep my name.
Good to see that every one is back.

Gradius
05-14-2009, 10:30 AM
This is a impressive visual over haul.
I was glad that i was able to keep my name.
Good to see that every one is back.
Ah, nice to see one of the people that actually posted on the front page instead of at BF. Welcome! :)

I know the_Blade is here as well, but where are the rest of you folks at?

Visions of Khas
05-15-2009, 05:30 AM
I love the new layout of SCLegacy in general, and am growing to accept this new forum. However, I would very much like to see Gradius' mockup for the forum be implemented. The posts in this iteration are not very well delineated in my opinion, and the voluminous portions of dark color are somewhat oppressive and needs to be interrupted to be more welcoming.

Praetor_Ixab
05-15-2009, 11:19 AM
I know the_Blade is here as well, but where are the rest of you folks at?

hey, i'm around! i waited patiently for SC:L to return, and i have jumped on the forum stuff as soon as i could!

Gradius
05-15-2009, 11:52 AM
hey, i'm around! i waited patiently for SC:L to return, and i have jumped on the forum stuff as soon as i could!
Right right, I know I've seen you guys around. I can't remember who all posted on the front page. :P

SIL3NT-DE4TH
05-20-2009, 03:39 AM
SORRY GUYS, AND GALS that im late.
i just got back from england and the last few weeks i had no INTERNETS
LOVE WHAT U DONE TO THE SITE looking foward to more

LIVE LONG

<3 SIL3NT-DE4TH

DemolitionSquid
05-20-2009, 09:58 PM
SORRY GUYS, AND GALS that im late.
i just got back from england and the last few weeks i had no INTERNETS
LOVE WHAT U DONE TO THE SITE looking foward to more