PDA

View Full Version : SC2ranks.com has an Achievements ladder now!

Skyze
09-11-2010, 08:51 PM
So SC2ranks.com is very impressive, not sure if it was the same guy who made starcraftrankings.com, but SC2ranks is much nicer. Very well done!

Anyways, It now has an Achievements ranking!

World - http://www.sc2ranks.com/ach/all/

North American - http://www.sc2ranks.com/ach/us/

My 4010 isnt quite good enough anymore! Only #135 or so in the world. depressing.. but I guess thats the price to pay when you start 1v1ing more (I got 4000 then went from 1v1 500 diamond to 1200 diamond heh.)

Where are you guys on the list?

Blazur
09-11-2010, 09:43 PM
Yeah, but it's buggy. It has me listed with a point value from weeks ago, ranks are being omitted and they often reset as you change pages.

Always wondered...who built this site anyways? Is it run by a Blizz rep?

Skyze
09-11-2010, 10:06 PM
doubt its a blizz rep, just a very smart programmer. The system in beta worked thru running a file while having your client opened on the division page, and it took a "snapshot" pretty much of the ladder to put in their database, but im assuming its an updated version of that now for retail.

Considering blizzard has every profile and division on their own community website, im assuming SC2ranks is just intercepting that data and putting it in a ladder format basically.

Blazur
09-11-2010, 10:26 PM
doubt its a blizz rep, just a very smart programmer. The system in beta worked thru running a file while having your client opened on the division page, and it took a "snapshot" pretty much of the ladder to put in their database, but im assuming its an updated version of that now for retail.

Still, I don't put much faith in its accuracy just yet. I'm really surprised the Blizz team hasn't developed something like this yet. Should be easy to query a complete database and sort by various metrics. Biggest problem is the performance against the system as countess people load the page and commit transactions. But given their success with WoW and the sophistication of their armory, they certainly have the bandwidth and talent.

Maybe one day their site will evolve to that.