PDA

View Full Version : Question about Old Turret Defense

dynamiK-
07-05-2009, 07:56 PM
I remember playing back around 2000 when the game was pretty new, and there was a simple turret defense map. I believe it was you and 4-6 other people who were on a team with a drop ship, SCV and a couple minerals at the start. At the very beginning you could pick easy, medium or hard (varies the # of lives you got). Also, when you earned kills, you received credits, which could be used to get more money and/or heroes.

I figured I might as well try to describe it a bit and see if any of you remember it. And I'm asking about this because I'm wondering if any of you know of a way I can find a copy and DL it :P

Sorry if that was confusing, I tried.

---EDIT---

I found a copy of the map. It's the one I was looking for. If anyone wants it let me know and I can get it to you somehow.

Pandonetho
07-06-2009, 02:03 AM
Hmm, sorry but you're probably not going to get much help.

By now, there must be at least a few dozen turret maps that fit that description.

Gradius
07-06-2009, 09:11 AM
I remember that map! By Ghost_y00n, or whatever his name was. But yeah, I don't have it. :[

Pandonetho
07-06-2009, 11:14 AM
Oook nevermind, someone oldschool like Gradius remembers after all.

dynamiK-
07-06-2009, 11:48 AM
Ah haha. Dang, well I'll just have to try google again. :p

GentleBen
07-06-2009, 12:14 PM
I have a bunch of old ghost yoon maps.

dynamiK-
07-06-2009, 06:21 PM
^ Can't say I know what those are...

Does anyone have the original Turret D Mixed or whatever it was called? Basically same as the original Turret D (one I described in my original post), except one player was scv, probe, marines, ghost, etc...

---EDIT---

I found a copy of the map. It's the one I was looking for. If anyone wants it let me know and I can get it to you somehow.

Hammy
07-07-2009, 04:01 AM
A great way to upload maps is to save a replay, and upload that replay on repdepot.net. On the replay page there's a "download map" icon ;)

GentleBen
07-09-2009, 11:40 PM
^ Can't say I know what those are...

Does anyone have the original Turret D Mixed or whatever it was called? Basically same as the original Turret D (one I described in my original post), except one player was scv, probe, marines, ghost, etc...

---EDIT---

Ghost[yoon] (i think his name was) was one of the original creators of the turret d maps. shortly after he made a bunch of popular versions people started to make the mixed series, which is where it really started to get good. The really old ghost[yoon] ones are pretty archaic. They are interesting since they are so old, but not really worth playing anymore. I have a bunch of the "mixed" ones as well. I would upload them somewhere for you if you really wanted, but I'm in Iraq with super crappy satalite internet.:mad:

dynamiK-
07-11-2009, 03:52 PM
^ Yeah, Ghost[yoon] is correct. Well, don't worry about uploading some of them :P