PDA

View Full Version : Wins you feel sorry for

spychi
09-03-2010, 03:10 PM
well as thread title says
I just had a win and something broke inside me when I was up against this guy
Fess from EU
he went for mass zealots and obviously mass rays, I didn't flame him, he tried the best he could, I was playing for the lulz, gived him few advices, like he should focus more on making probes
in the end I didn't want to crush him, he wasn't new, he was playing beta so he knew few strats, he wasn't one of those cheesy fuckers who stick with one strat, yet I really didn't want to win and if I could I would vote a draw (it was a league game)
replay
I hope that he will join our fight club and will learn alot
the guy is plat

minerals
09-03-2010, 03:52 PM
play a couple of team games with him and give him some pointers if you want to make him better.

Areoseph
09-03-2010, 04:45 PM
play a couple of team games with him and give him some pointers if you want to make him better.

Minerals, WHERE YOU BEEN!? How bout some 2's buddy? >O

kyr200
09-03-2010, 08:32 PM
well as thread title says
I just had a win and something broke inside me when I was up against this guy
Fess from EU
he went for mass zealots and obviously mass rays, I didn't flame him, he tried the best he could, I was playing for the lulz, gived him few advices, like he should focus more on making probes
in the end I didn't want to crush him, he wasn't new, he was playing beta so he knew few strats, he wasn't one of those cheesy fuckers who stick with one strat, yet I really didn't want to win and if I could I would vote a draw (it was a league game)
replay
I hope that he will join our fight club and will learn alot
the guy is plat

I never knew you had a conscience.

Arkalis
09-03-2010, 11:08 PM
I once started a ranked match, the following events happened:

-Loading Screen (regular wait)

-Game starts (you build, mine)

[Four game seconds passed]

-I typed glhd (i misspelled it)

-While I was retyping:

X Has left the game!

Outcome of the Match: 0 points earned, Division Rank 71 (Previously 90)

Lol?

Alterran
09-04-2010, 12:21 AM
Lol, you are just rubbing it in his face dude, and bragging about it now.

You should really stop prolonging games, its not nice or funny.
(i watched your game vs osku in LFC, just know when to win/gg is good manners)

senervo
09-04-2010, 04:18 AM
i could feel sorry for him... hm...

i had a matchup vs a terran player...
he was an average player for most of the time...
however he had walled himself off at the early game and focused on M&M&M's and siege tanks...
he then pride proceeded to keep most of his units in the medivacs and scouted around... and there were probably 10 full medivacs here..

In the end, he flew his medivacs into my expansion with 4 colossi, about 10 stalkers and 3 cannons..
barely anyone medivac survived long enough to drop off units...
i mean, he played reasonbly well, just before that blunder since he had previousl scouted my expo..

Maul
09-04-2010, 04:23 AM
I never knew you had a conscience.

lol!

I don't really feel sorry for anyone because all we're doing is playing a game and all they have to lose is that game (not the client :P) so it's not really that big a deal. I will however feel sorry for Idra if he loses his first match on the GSL that's about to start!

Peanutbutter
09-04-2010, 05:56 AM
Lol, you are just rubbing it in his face dude, and bragging about it now.

You should really stop prolonging games, its not nice or funny.
(i watched your game vs osku in LFC, just know when to win/gg is good manners)

Word!

Prolonging the game won't really work.

The best thing to do, is crush your opponent mercilessly. He'll learn way faster, than he would with you telling him to build probes.

Recently though, I'm the one getting crushed, and i dunno why * cry cry cry *

13thLegion
09-04-2010, 08:43 AM
Word!

Prolonging the game won't really work.

The best thing to do, is crush your opponent mercilessly. He'll learn way faster, than he would with you telling him to build probes.

Recently though, I'm the one getting crushed, and i dunno why * cry cry cry *

Build more probes! Didn't you listen to the OP? Sheesh...

Yea, if you want to teach him or make him a better player, play team games with him.

Todie
09-04-2010, 09:11 AM
i can feel sympathy for an oponent. evne if they are badmannereing out of frustration when losing.

i cant recall ever actually holding back ingame though; i think its better for everoyne to just give it your A-game and then discuss the result afterwards.

Dalarsco
09-04-2010, 10:41 AM
I was playing TvP, and my opponent forgot to put cannons on his min line, so I won the game with three Banshees before administering the coup de grace with 4 Vikings,