PDA

View Full Version : More tournament coverage on SC:L

Maul
08-29-2010, 12:24 AM
I'll be straight up about my SC2 habits. I visit TL for pro-scene coverage, SC2Mapster for maps and SC:L for everything else. I'm most active on SC:L with over 1000 posts and <100 on the others.

Each of those sites are speciality sites in a way. I do what I can here to try and answer questions in the custom map category and I'll bring up major tournaments when they haven't been mentioned here yet.

What I'd like to see more of on the SC:L news page is announcements of major tournaments like GomTV's GSL which imo is huge news for e-sports, which was a major player in BWs longevity. I don't expect full coverage from SC:L like TL may provide, but key announcements like GSL being announced, or GSL pre-lims complete, etc.

It won't change the way SC:L operates and will make SC:L an even more one-stop shop for SC2 for fans such as myself.

That's my feedback to SC:L, and if anyone feels a similar way please make your voice heard!

GRUNT
08-29-2010, 02:29 AM
I fully agree! At the moment, I also visit TL for news on the SC2 tourney scene :).

It'll be nice to have people come to SCL for tourney info, but TL is already so established in that area and they have a pretty good infrastructure for helping fans keep track of what's going on.

At the moment, I think SCL is more of a site that caters to the casual SC fan who's more into stuff like singleplayer/lore than super-competitiveness. LoA keeps saying that they have super-secret stuff planned, though! Maybe there'll be some big site update that'll include a tournament tracker and updates on the pro scene :D.

LoA made a post in SC2 discussion about what kind of stuff we'd like to see in the Legacy Weekly, and my suggestion was to spotlight up-and-coming players and what their claim to fame is :). I think something like that would also be a pretty cool feature.

LordofAscension
08-29-2010, 11:36 AM
Things like this are definitely in our long-term plans. Honestly, what's holding this particular avenue up is our manpower. All of our staffers are buried in projects and we have few people who's major interest and expertise lie that area. If we were to locate and bring such people on-board we would love to have this happen.

That being said, we definitely dropped the ball on the GSL thing - we were waiting on full Korean translations of the news instead of using 3rd party sources - and that just didn't come to fruition on time.

We also have some plans that will bring us closer to this area - we are just unlikely to directly compete with TL - they do what they do very well and we like to think that what we do, we do well. Our focus is currently on SP/lore/etc - but that is by no-means where we want to stay forever.

Thanks for the feedback - we'll definitely continue to discuss this.

~LoA