PDA

View Full Version : Patch 1.0.3

DeathsAngel
08-17-2010, 12:30 PM
I didn't see that thread anywhere so here it is!
My SC2 updater just finished downloading it.

SC2 patch 1.0.3 is out, and the blues said a patch note will be posted soon.

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty - Patch 1.0.3

Bug Fixes

* Fixed an issue preventing some players from accessing offline play from the login screen.

http://us.launcher.battle.net/patchnotes/?product=S2&locale=en-US
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/572267

Can a mod also correct the title of my thread for 1.0.3 plz? Thanks.

Wankey
08-17-2010, 12:38 PM
It's patch 1.0.3 btw. Those are old.

They seriously need to push out patch notes AS they are updating.

imdrunkontea
08-17-2010, 12:46 PM
blues on the bnet forums say patch notes are on the way. I wonder if there are many balance changes..hmm..

DeathsAngel
08-17-2010, 01:16 PM

Yicks! Sorry ><

Hammy
08-17-2010, 01:35 PM

So true :( It's funny how we had the balance changes show up on the list as people discovered them.

edit: Wait... so what you posted there is actually the full patch note? heh... that's underwhelming. I mean, I wasn't expecting chat channels so suddenly, but they could give us something more to chew on haha : )

HydraHydra
08-17-2010, 01:54 PM
if they're gonna launch one patch per bug, we have a problem there.

Maul
08-17-2010, 02:07 PM
if they're gonna launch one patch per bug, we have a problem there.

What's the problem? Just means they're fixing bugs asap

DeathsAngel
08-17-2010, 02:35 PM
edit: Wait... so what you posted there is actually the full patch note? heh... that's underwhelming. I mean, I wasn't expecting chat channels so suddenly, but they could give us something more to chew on haha : )

Small patch note eh? It remembers me when I see WoW updates only to see a minor patch back at the beginning of Wrath. But wait the next big patch.... it's going to be big.

Nicol Bolas
08-17-2010, 03:27 PM
Wait... so what you posted there is actually the full patch note? heh... that's underwhelming. I mean, I wasn't expecting chat channels so suddenly, but they could give us something more to chew on haha : )

Let's look at how version numbers work.

In a 3 number system, the number on the left is the major version. This changes only when something, well, major changes. The release of a sequel, for example. The expansions might be worth changing the major version number for, but that hasn't been Blizzard's MO thus far. So you can expect it to be 1 forever.

The middle number is the minor version. This version number changes when you add new features, but not in sufficient quantities to warrant a major version bump. Balance patches are minor version bumps, as would other actual features like chat channels and the like. This number is reset to 0 upon any major version release.

The right-most number is the bugfix version. As the name implies, it is for fixing bugs. This number is reset to 0 upon any minor or major version release.

In short, if you only see the bugfix version number get bumped, don't get excited. No features will be incoming.

Hammy
08-17-2010, 03:34 PM
That's interesting NB. I can think of some exceptions like BW patch 1.16 but I'm sure you're right overall.
You're right that any balance changes that wouldn't be able to read old replays without reverting to an old patch should at least require the 2nd number to be updated. And the same goes for content... I'll try not to refresh the page every 10minutes next time ;)

Maul
08-17-2010, 08:03 PM
In Brood War they just added a letter for hot fixes I believe

GRUNT
08-17-2010, 08:27 PM
I always thought that the login screen needed a buff!

TheRabidDeer
08-18-2010, 01:20 AM
In Brood War they just added a letter for hot fixes I believe

This is correct. BW used a 2 number system (and minor patches just added a letter). I think WoW was the first Blizzard game to use the 3 number (technically 4 number) system.

a.b.c.d

a = Major
b = Minor
c = Revision
d = Build (basically this is how many times they hit save to produce this specific version)

So, since we are in just plain old SC2, we are Major version 1
We havent had any big changes like balance or chat features or anything like that, so it is version 0
We have had several minor changes like bug fixes, so we are at version 3 now.
And the build number is 16291 (they saved the current version this many times, most development software has this built in to auto-increment on save)

The build number will probably reset with the release of a new balance patch that would increment the minor number.

WoW has followed this same scheme.

Do note, however, that you can have version 1.10.1, it doesnt go from 1.9.1 to 2.0.1