PDA

View Full Version : "Hurry up it's Raid Night" Achievement question.

Dalarsco
08-16-2010, 02:42 PM
I'm trying to do an 8 hour play through, and part of that is avoiding nonessential missions. I've noticed that I have to do several missions before unlocking a new Artifact mission. I assume that it's just number of missions thing, but what about the Prophesy missions? Are they completely optional or do I need to complete them to unlock a certain main story mission?

imdrunkontea
08-16-2010, 03:01 PM
i believe the prophecy missions are completely optional. in any case, you cant just try going thru the terran missions, and if u get stuck then that means u need to do a protoss mission. from my understanding tho, you dont have to bother with the prophecy campaign at all.

Hammy
08-16-2010, 03:33 PM
I played through the game without even clicking the cristal.

Skyze
08-16-2010, 04:06 PM
when I did this achievement, I purposely did the first 3 protoss missions in order to get the last artifact mission faster, because those first 3 protoss missions are super fast to play (like under 15-20 mins each, maybe significantly less if you cheat alittle).. It is faster than doing more terran missions imo, and plus Protoss is my fav race so I enjoy playing them more.

Just dont do In Utter Darkness, that takes forever =[

Crota
08-16-2010, 04:12 PM
I got the "It's raid night" only doing the first Protoss mission and then completing all other missions. Just don't try to do it on hard as you don't get enough Protoss research points.

Dalarsco
08-17-2010, 12:39 AM
i believe the prophecy missions are completely optional. in any case, you cant just try going thru the terran missions, and if u get stuck then that means u need to do a protoss mission. from my understanding tho, you dont have to bother with the prophecy campaign at all.

I did that on my first play through where I did everything, but this time I'm trying for speed so I don't want to do unnecessary missions.

when I did this achievement, I purposely did the first 3 protoss missions in order to get the last artifact mission faster, because those first 3 protoss missions are super fast to play (like under 15-20 mins each, maybe significantly less if you cheat alittle).. It is faster than doing more terran missions imo, and plus Protoss is my fav race so I enjoy playing them more.

Just dont do In Utter Darkness, that takes forever =[
I didn't find them particularly quick myself. The fact that you're a major Protoss player probably has something to do with it.

Praetor_Ixab
08-17-2010, 03:20 AM
i wish there was a way to see how you did on the total campgin play through besides adding everything from each mission manually. would make it easier to see where you need to trim and such.

Skyze
08-18-2010, 05:01 AM
I did that on my first play through where I did everything, but this time I'm trying for speed so I don't want to do unnecessary missions.

I didn't find them particularly quick myself. The fact that you're a major Protoss player probably has something to do with it.

well the one mission where you have to bring Zeratul to the 4 tentacles, theres a trick where you can use blink/void to do it in 5 minutes, so that really helps speed up the process.