PDA

View Full Version : What strat infuriates you when you fall prey to it?

SinsWage
08-11-2010, 02:10 PM
Everyone has that thing that makes them want to go postal when it happens. Maybe it's the Protoss cannon rushing or a 6 pool zergling rush.

For me it's the void ray rush. It makes me so mad at myself when I fall for it because it's got to be one of the easiest things to thwart. The invest so much to get those voids and a can be completely stymied by a few spore crawlers and a speedling reprisal.

Oh well, kudos to the guy who just got me with it, it's my own fault for not watching for it.

Gradius
08-11-2010, 02:14 PM
Terran timing pushes. Early stalkers in PvP. Pretty much any cheese/proxy.

pure.Wasted
08-11-2010, 02:14 PM
Anything proxy. 99% of the time it's all-in cheese at its finest. No need to scout, no need to perfect your macro, no need to learn end-game tricks.

I've already had Diamond players quit the game immediately after losing their proxy pylon and the probe that built it. Not a 20-game accidental Diamond, either, but someone with over 100 games in his record.

sandwich_bird
08-11-2010, 02:22 PM
Void rays and cloaked banshee for me. Especially when I play zerg. The void ray has to be the cheapest unit in the game. Yes, it's incredibly easy to counter if you see it coming from miles away. But, if you're careless and don't scout it, it's over! That kinda goes for any cheese though.

Randobob
08-11-2010, 02:31 PM
There is nothing wrong with a proxy stargate, quick void rush. It feels good.

I lose to a 6-9 pool rush more then anything. I just started blocking my ramp completely with 2 pylons and a gateway in PvT because it was getting frustrating

pure.Wasted
08-11-2010, 02:34 PM
There is nothing wrong with a proxy stargate, quick void rush. It feels good.

You do realize that the thread is about strats you LOSE to, not strats you win WITH, right? :rolleyes:

I lose to a 6-9 pool rush more then anything. I just started blocking my ramp completely with 2 pylons and a gateway in PvT because it was getting frustrating

Either you meant 'PvZ' or somewhere along the line your thought process yielded some very warped results.

TheEconomist
08-11-2010, 02:38 PM
Pretty much any 2v2 cheese. They're waaaay too hard to stop compared to how hard they are to pull off. For 1s, 3s, 4s, they either have little enough for you to counter it or you have enough allies to stop it. Not so much in 2v2.

Peanutbutter
08-11-2010, 02:39 PM

Imo, in PvZ, 6-9 pools are easy to deal with. Once scouted, throw down a quick gateway ( If you don't have one building already ), and pull some probes off of your mineral line :)

The strat that i lose to the most, is early mass stalker ( Typically 4 gate ) in PvP. I can never get my immortals out in time, and with blink, those stalkers are soooo evil when is comes to harassment.
I even had a nightmare about this. Once.

Santrega
08-11-2010, 02:47 PM
Did we really need more whine threads? Do they call them cheese because it goes well with the losers whine?

Seriously.. Every strategy can be defended against... if you lose to ANYTHING, it is because YOU did something wrong.

That proxy location you missed, that part of your base you didn't scout to check for cannons/pylons or bunkers, reaper rushes that take out your workers, fast mutas that you didnt scout out, fast void rays that you didn't scout out or counter...

Between the GG threads, the underpowered threads, I'm a little tired of the whining about certain ways a game has been lost. Learn from the loss, don't whine about it.

Corgon
08-11-2010, 02:50 PM
Void ray rush, especially when my enemy gets them out before I do. ^^

Pick
08-11-2010, 03:09 PM
Did we really need more whine threads? Do they call them cheese because it goes well with the losers whine?

Seriously.. Every strategy can be defended against... if you lose to ANYTHING, it is because YOU did something wrong.

That proxy location you missed, that part of your base you didn't scout to check for cannons/pylons or bunkers, reaper rushes that take out your workers, fast mutas that you didnt scout out, fast void rays that you didn't scout out or counter...

Between the GG threads, the underpowered threads, I'm a little tired of the whining about certain ways a game has been lost. Learn from the loss, don't whine about it.

This thread isn't about being upset with your opponent or thinking the game is unbalanced. Its just about what frustrates you the most when you fail to respond correctly.

I lost to a 6 pool. I scouted him last, he found me first. Put up a fight for a couple minutes, but was defeated. I was angry as hell... with myself. Politely said GG and left the game. Learned to always scout the base that is closest by air since the overlord might find me first from that direction.

//MavericK\\
08-11-2010, 03:22 PM
Protoss cannon rushes really burn me up...

So simple, and yet so devastating.

Santrega
08-11-2010, 03:33 PM
This thread isn't about being upset with your opponent or thinking the game is unbalanced. Its just about what frustrates you the most when you fail to respond correctly.

I lost to a 6 pool. I scouted him last, he found me first. Put up a fight for a couple minutes, but was defeated. I was angry as hell... with myself. Politely said GG and left the game. Learned to always scout the base that is closest by air since the overlord might find me first from that direction.

I understand what the thread is suppose to be about. I think a better way to do this is ask people what they find most difficult to defend against or remember to defend against. The way the thread is currently is an invitation for complaining about certain strategies, rather than a prelude to discussion.

Drkie
08-11-2010, 04:33 PM
mass newbrays i hate them

Legion
08-11-2010, 05:10 PM
Void rays/banshees </3

I also hate getting 2 gated even when i spot it my brain goes dead

hyde
08-11-2010, 05:29 PM
You do realize that the thread is about strats you LOSE to, not strats you win WITH, right? :rolleyes:

Either you meant 'PvZ' or somewhere along the line your thought process yielded some very warped results.

Offering different opinions on the current subject of "strat rage" is perfectly fine.

I personally love to proxy two barracks with quick marines against Protoss.
I then bunker leap frog and kill. Beats the timing on cybernetic core rushers everytime.
I don't see anything wrong in that or why you should even get angry.
The game is just about reading your opponent, planning an attack, and executing these. That's all.

You guys lose to cheese, then you guys loose to cheese. This is an RTS, deal with it. Cheese isn't really cheese, it's just unconventional strategies.

Areoseph
08-11-2010, 05:32 PM
Void rays/banshees </3

I also hate getting 2 gated even when i spot it my brain goes dead

Since you're talking about what you hate Legion, how about:

Do any Terrans absolutely hate how easy it is to snipe scvs who are building?

Legion has become fairly accomplished at this *wink*. Here is what is so annoying about it: The only way to defend it is to pull another SCV off the line (that could be mining) and repair the building SCV or use the pulled scv to fight off the probe/drone. For some reason the SCV just cannot 'hide' well enough in the structure. He'll be killed within seconds of the probe attacking him, so you almost have to leave an SCV waiting by your barracks to fight it off. This tactic is becoming fairly commonplace and you basically lose 60 or 70 minerals a minute (pulling SCV off line to defend). You cannot do it to Protoss or Zerg, only Terran is vulnerable to it. I don't lose my building scvs anymore to this, but I still have to pull an SCV or newly produced SCV off the line to defend it. It's a phenomenal harass, but in my opinion completely unfair. However, since it never got 'fixed' it SC, I doubt it'll be 'fixed' this time around. Always wondered why Blizz decided Terran needed this disadvantage? What does it balance out?

Anyways, that infuriates me. Haha.

Areo

HydraHydra
08-11-2010, 06:06 PM
Cheese... my blood boils with that

Kammalleri
08-11-2010, 06:21 PM
I totally hate reapers... My early game isn't so much for quickstalker so it's pretty hard to stop. What's frustrating is they get their tech for speed so early and you need to tech 2 buildings farther to get zealot charge which would make them maybe 50% useless instead of 100% useless against reapers.

It also looks like the last 2 games I played against plat zerg players(I'm silver) I did really good with countain and I was in the game, got colossus when they went roaches/hydra had a good amount of blink stalkers and some zealot, but I got owned by nydus network and it's so frustrating all it takes is an overload anywhere on the map 5 seconds later you're dead.

pure.Wasted
08-11-2010, 06:25 PM
Offering different opinions on the current subject of "strat rage" is perfectly fine.

I personally love to proxy two barracks with quick marines against Protoss.
I then bunker leap frog and kill. Beats the timing on cybernetic core rushers everytime.
I don't see anything wrong in that or why you should even get angry.
The game is just about reading your opponent, planning an attack, and executing these. That's all.

You guys lose to cheese, then you guys loose to cheese. This is an RTS, deal with it. Cheese isn't really cheese, it's just unconventional strategies.

I'm not talking about someone who builds a Barracks outside of my base, loses it, and goes on to play a 20 minute game. My post made that abundantly clear.

I'm talking about people whose only goal is a cheese all-in that does not in ANY way, shape, or form depend on the MU being played. He's not going to stop building that Pylon just because I got a fast Refinery, or I didn't get a fast Refinery. He can't wait that long; the Pylon's already long since gone up.

What frustrates me isn't that this guy cheeses or that he beat me, it's that his strat is entirely dependent on the fact that you never (under normal circumstances) play the same opponent twice. In any series (best of 3, best of 5), he'd be completely fucked. He can't play the game.

DemolitionSquid
08-11-2010, 06:29 PM
PvP zealot rush. Its boring. I pity the poor guy, because I know hes going void ray, so I completely wall off, and spam Blink Stalkers. Its a joke.

Jabber Wookie
08-11-2010, 06:55 PM
Do any Terrans absolutely hate how easy it is to snipe scvs who are building?

Legion has become fairly accomplished at this *wink*. Here is what is so annoying about it: The only way to defend it is to pull another SCV off the line (that could be mining) and repair the building SCV or use the pulled scv to fight off the probe/drone. For some reason the SCV just cannot 'hide' well enough in the structure. He'll be killed within seconds of the probe attacking him, so you almost have to leave an SCV waiting by your barracks to fight it off. This tactic is becoming fairly commonplace and you basically lose 60 or 70 minerals a minute (pulling SCV off line to defend). You cannot do it to Protoss or Zerg, only Terran is vulnerable to it. I don't lose my building scvs anymore to this, but I still have to pull an SCV or newly produced SCV off the line to defend it. It's a phenomenal harass, but in my opinion completely unfair. However, since it never got 'fixed' it SC, I doubt it'll be 'fixed' this time around. Always wondered why Blizz decided Terran needed this disadvantage? What does it balance out?

Anyways, that infuriates me. Haha.

Areo

It's not imbalanced in any way though, every race has their perks and their disadvantages. I mean, Zerg loses a drone every time they build a building, while Terran gets the advantage of walling off. It makes them unique. It's pretty much things like this that make starcraft so awesome and diverse. But ya, it can be annoying to defend against but not too tough.

MiniMaster184
08-11-2010, 07:16 PM
Playing as Zerg against a Terran that walls off, holds out against a Banebust, and rushes Vikings to snipe all your Overlords before you can get Hydras.

Wankey
08-11-2010, 07:30 PM
Void rays and cloaked banshee for me. Especially when I play zerg. The void ray has to be the cheapest unit in the game. Yes, it's incredibly easy to counter if you see it coming from miles away. But, if you're careless and don't scout it, it's over! That kinda goes for any cheese though.

Void ray... one of the shittiest most annoying designed units ever put into the face on an RTS game.

They need their range nerfed or make them only attack ground or make their extra damage to MASSIVE units only.

TheEconomist
08-11-2010, 07:34 PM
Void ray... one of the shittiest most annoying designed units ever put into the face on an RTS game.

They need their range nerfed or make them only attack ground or make their extra damage to MASSIVE units only.

Well ... looks like Santrega was right. Here comes the QQ flood.

Areoseph
08-11-2010, 07:35 PM
Jabber, It's annoying but not too tough, you're right. However, consider:

Drone loss is factored in to zerg prices. Terran wall off doesn't hurt the opponents economy (realistically). But sniping the Terran builder, or forcing them to pull a worker(s) off the line directly impacts Terran openings (each scv not mining is ~60 minerals a minute). And, since it's usually the Protoss doing the probe harass, I'm not sure how drone loss factors in to this. I mean, it's not like I can stop Protoss chrono boost or even kill a probe with an scv against any decent player... (shield regen). Think about it. I don't think it's balanced, but it does make the game interesting.

Areo

TheEconomist
08-11-2010, 07:40 PM

The term "cheese" comes from being caught by surprise a la being caught surprise by a camera. It has nothing to do with unconventional or whatever. In fact, any of the early cheese rushes are probably more common than late game strategies.

Areoseph
08-11-2010, 07:41 PM
The term "cheese" comes from being caught by surprise a la being caught surprise by a camera. It has nothing to do with unconventional or whatever. In fact, any of the early cheese rushes are probably more common than late game strategies.

Right but it's taken on the form of "that's cheesy" or "that is cheap" these days it seems. Just an interesting transition...

TheEconomist
08-11-2010, 07:44 PM
They are cheap and cheesy. That's undeniable. But, that doesn't mean they aren't worthy of being a factor in the game. They make the game interesting just like an early Zergling or Reaper rush makes the early game interesting. They are imbalanced though since, according to Blizzard's very own standard, a strategy must be just as easy to counter as it is to pull off. Proxying Gateways is the easiest thing in the game to do but is ridiculously hard to counter.

In 1v1, "cheese" strats aren't as bad but, in 2v2, they're almost impossible to stop. Think about two Protoss proxying outside your base. Unless you just happened to 7p then Gateway and your ally can get effective units out quickly, you're pretty much done. It has nothing to do with whether or not you scout it. I've scouted many a proxy very early but it didn't matter. The only thing to counter them is to, on certain maps, assume that you're going to get cheesed and get units early but then, of course, that means that sometimes my ally and I are economically behind.

Areoseph
08-11-2010, 08:47 PM
Tychus,

I agree with your sentiments altogether.

However, there's not much that can be done about double 2 gate proxy in 2v2. You can't really 'balance' it without seriously messing up the rest of the game in other matchups like 1v1. Oh well.

Crazy_Jonny
08-11-2010, 09:00 PM
It's gotta be that darn void ray rush. It seriously looks unstoppable when someone gets 10 of those suckers in ur base. It's preventable, but snipping out your nexus in seconds hardly seems fair, unless you have 10 stalkers on standby ready to push that back. They just don't look balanced, coming from a Protoss.

SinsWage
08-11-2010, 09:36 PM
I definitely didn't intend for this to be for whining, it's just there's some things that when they start happening you instantly facepalm because it's stupid that you got taken by it. Some things just don't bother you as much.

Pick
08-11-2010, 10:29 PM
I always disliked the term "cheese" cause it seems like a negative thing.

I prefer to think of them as "all in" builds because if they fail, you will most likely lose.

Dalarsco
08-12-2010, 12:45 AM
Another vote for any proxy. Also, Thor/BC. It was novel the first time I saw it, but now I have no idea how he actually made something that expensive work. I've seen it a couple of times, usually when I've gone heavy on Vikings in an air build because I saw his Fusion Core, not realizing that the BCs would have Thors protecting them from light air..

SYL
08-12-2010, 12:56 AM
I used to hate Air rushes… though I have gotten pretty good at hiding ovies and sacking them at right times :D

I would say… hmm mass tank is really annoying… especially when they have either marines or thors to counter your mutas… but then again… i guess i could follow some of Husky's vids and do an ultra rush :P

Dread_Reaper
08-12-2010, 02:28 AM
It used to be Void Rays, but not I just make sure I tech to Hydras fast enough and its not an issue.

For me, its Siege Tanks and Marines. As the Zerg, you have no way to counter the Siege Tank, as they have nothing to replace the Spawn Broodling of SC1. Think about using Mutalisks? Marines tear them to shreds, especially with Stim its not even fair. I so far have seen more and more Terran players I higher ranked I get, which doesn't surprise me.

-Dread_Reaper

SYL
08-12-2010, 03:09 AM
It used to be Void Rays, but not I just make sure I tech to Hydras fast enough and its not an issue.

For me, its Siege Tanks and Marines. As the Zerg, you have no way to counter the Siege Tank, as they have nothing to replace the Spawn Broodling of SC1. Think about using Mutalisks? Marines tear them to shreds, especially with Stim its not even fair. I so far have seen more and more Terran players I higher ranked I get, which doesn't surprise me.

-Dread_Reaper

Try a muta bling combo, orrrr as i have seen many Korean players do in SC2, build 8 or so mutas and harrass, keeping him in his base. Then fast tech to ultralisks. Their armor will make marines useless and they destroy tanks and marines. Use roaches to hold off pushes until you get ultras and mass expand

IvanVankata
08-12-2010, 03:33 AM
Void rays make me wanna crush my keyboard. Not just the rush - the unit is so goddamn OP there is no air unit that can counter it. Make them move slower for raynor`s sake !

TheEconomist
08-12-2010, 06:19 AM
Tychus,

However, there's not much that can be done about double 2 gate proxy in 2v2. You can't really 'balance' it without seriously messing up the rest of the game in other matchups like 1v1. Oh well.

Yes, yes, I know :(

I'll just hold out hope that one day the proxiers will get bored and stop.

Jdawsman
08-12-2010, 07:04 AM
Definitely cannon rushes.

TheRabidDeer
08-12-2010, 07:21 AM
Turtling terrans on 1v1 maps.

Todie
08-12-2010, 09:30 AM
[...]Unless you just happened to 7p then Gateway and your ally can get effective units out quickly, you're pretty much done. It has nothing to do with whether or not you scout it. I've scouted many a proxy very early but it didn't matter. The only thing to counter them is to, on certain maps, assume that you're going to get cheesed and get units early but then, of course, that means that sometimes my ally and I are economically behind.

i havnt played much 2v2 at all lately, but this had me curious; do these double cheeses effectively incapacitate both your and your allys base? if not, some kind of counter attack could possibly keep it close? if you get really creative?

flak4321
08-12-2010, 10:13 AM
Tychus,

Actually, it would be very easy. Simply require the first pylon out to be within a certain range of the Nexus. All other pylons must be within this range or that of other pylons or a warp prism. In order to proxy, a toss would now need a warp prism first, delaying the rush. It also answers the question of what powers the pylons. Note: this fix would also delay a toss's wall-off, but usually by only 1 or 2 pylons, depending on the map and where you want the wall-off.

Alternate definition of the same theory: the nexus is/would be a glorified pylon. All other buildings would therefore become buildable within the nexus radius unless we clearly differentiate the proposed nexus range from that of the general pylon. Hmmm...

dustinbrowder
08-12-2010, 10:45 AM
nothing of that sorts.
What makes me go berserk though is someone winning and making such a huge deal of it, spamming the chat with his winning ways.
If I can teleport to that person in that moment, I would brake all bones in his body.

Can't people just win and that's it, no big deal, instead of irritating you to the max.

//MavericK\\
08-12-2010, 12:50 PM
Void rays make me wanna crush my keyboard. Not just the rush - the unit is so goddamn OP there is no air unit that can counter it. Make them move slower for raynor`s sake !

You know...I was pretty irritated by VR's back during the beta...but that was mainly because I didn't know had to effectively counter them.

VRs fall hard to stimmed, +1 marines with some Medivac support and Ghost EMP. A Thor or two with SCVs repairing are also pretty good against a few VRs.

0mar
08-12-2010, 01:16 PM
Actually, it would be very easy. Simply require the first pylon out to be within a certain range of the Nexus. All other pylons must be within this range or that of other pylons or a warp prism. In order to proxy, a toss would now need a warp prism first, delaying the rush. It also answers the question of what powers the pylons. Note: this fix would also delay a toss's wall-off, but usually by only 1 or 2 pylons, depending on the map and where you want the wall-off.

Alternate definition of the same theory: the nexus is/would be a glorified pylon. All other buildings would therefore become buildable within the nexus radius unless we clearly differentiate the proposed nexus range from that of the general pylon. Hmmm...

you broke warp gates.

There are some things that simply cannot be balanced for 2v2 games. People just have to accept that.

Blazur
08-13-2010, 07:49 AM
6 pool zergling rush infuriates me. I recognize it as a valid strategy but it's still annoying...especially when multiple zerg combine efforts in team games.

flak4321
08-13-2010, 10:34 AM

you broke warp gates.

There are some things that simply cannot be balanced for 2v2 games. People just have to accept that.

Actually, warpgates would not be broken, just delayed. A warp prism would come out, a pylon could be built in its influence and a second within the radius of the first. They would power each other, and warp gates would still be very viable. So long as your warp prism remains alive, you can rinse and repeat anywhere. Note that you can still warp into the warp prism's field directly. I purposely thought this out to avoid damaging the warp gate mechanic directly.

A toss that can macro well wouldn't so much as notice the change by midgame. We'll also buff the pylon by 50hp/50shields so the proxy does not have to be replaced as often, thus offsetting the cost of this proposed mechanic. Thus is 1v1 balance maintained and 2v2 balance enhanced.

I also accept fully that some things cannot be balanced across all melee game varieties. This however, is not entirely one of those cases. Proxy cheese would still be as annoying as ever, but at least the toss' opponents would have a better chance in 2v2+.

nautilus
08-13-2010, 10:43 AM
Actually, warpgates would not be broken, just delayed. A warp prism would come out, a pylon could be built in its influence and a second within the radius of the first. They would power each other, and warp gates would still be very viable. So long as your warp prism remains alive, you can rinse and repeat anywhere. Note that you can still warp into the warp prism's field directly. I purposely thought this out to avoid damaging the warp gate mechanic directly.

A toss that can macro well wouldn't so much as notice the change by midgame. We'll also buff the pylon by 50hp/50shields so the proxy does not have to be replaced as often, thus offsetting the cost of this proposed mechanic. Thus is 1v1 balance maintained and 2v2 balance enhanced.

I also accept fully that some things cannot be balanced across all melee game varieties. This however, is not entirely one of those cases. Proxy cheese would still be as annoying as ever, but at least the toss' opponents would have a better chance in 2v2+.

So basically, you want to give protoss creep, and turn pylons into creep tumors?

kyr200
08-13-2010, 08:24 PM
so i got demoted from gold to silver today cuz i got 6 pooled like seriously....... and silver league is a joke. i got killed 3x by 6pool, 2x by cannon rush (LIKE OMFG SERIOUSLY! 2 CANNONS OUT BEFORE A ZEALOT TO PREVENT IT!) and i met 5 cannon addicted turtling protoss. ya i expanded all through out the map but all the minerals in the world cant even help when going up against someone with 200/200 carriers,mothership and even if you fend off the first wave you cant go and clean up their base, theres just too many cannons, its like "ok i killed their army time to send in my army to die from 200 cannons" i seriously miss reavers.

again, silver league is a joke

Briggs
08-13-2010, 08:46 PM
Not sure if I am quite allowed to post here yet, as I really don't have a lot of experience playing this game, but in both matches I've played so far, (TvT matches) Both players seemed to have some sort of early rush, whether it be a reaper/hellion rush, or early Vikings; but as soon as I fended off the attack, they instantly GG'd and left the game. Which, as a new player.. I am sort of disappointed in, since I'm trying to get my first 100 losses out of the way, so I can actually assess my own skills and see what I really need to improve on.

ManjiSanji
08-13-2010, 09:40 PM
Yeah, I hate when people do that, because some of the best, closest, and most fun games I've played were those where my opponent tried an early tactic, it failed, and the rest of the game was a great back-and-forth between us until one of us finally got that little edge that let us win.

imdrunkontea
08-14-2010, 10:04 AM
I'd say a good 50% of the matches I lose in team games are either to VR rushes or mass MMM. It's just annoying because often times there's little I can do if they time it right, since i'm terran and my partner's Zerg. Z has trouble defending early VRs, esp if there's two protoss doing it, as well as double MMM early on, and the best I can do against that is respond with MMM back, since tanks are too vulnerable against 2 MMM players at the same time.

That, and any cheese, which almost all protoss players do now in my experience. =/ proxy pylon is now the norm for me.

Carsickness
08-14-2010, 10:16 AM
I'de say any match where I fall for cheese infuriates me.

Nothing's worse to falling to a proxy gate, or cannon rush. You just think in your head; "dammit! why didn't I scout that?"

GnaReffotsirk
08-14-2010, 11:23 AM
I find a continuous stream of zealots right from the beginning to be very difficult to stop.

Pandonetho
08-14-2010, 07:02 PM
What infuriates me, lately, are Zergs who do nothing but spam mass speedlings then rush into your base. This is hard to stop on maps like 3v3 and 4v4 with big chokes and multiple entrances. Mass speedlings getting a surround on anything rape.

Norfindel
08-15-2010, 08:57 PM
Losing a control group. Seriously, i think i mistype something once in a while, and when i realize my units aren't moving, it's veeery bad :p
Some games ago, my control group of Stalkers got unassigned somehow. Too bad, i needed them vs the Colossi :(
It's not a strat, anyways, but it would be very good if i can do that to the other player :p

ManjiSanji
08-16-2010, 01:02 AM
I was just watching Ninja Warrior and they quoted a line from something that I think sums up my feelings on cheesy strategies quite well:

"A cheap victory is not one worth celebrating."

This is why I try to avoid tactics that people, or I myself, might find cheesy or cheap; I don't really feel like I've won when I do it, and that makes it not worth doing in my opinion.

GRUNT
08-16-2010, 02:04 AM
I find a continuous stream of zealots right from the beginning to be very difficult to stop.

This >_<.

It's not so much that it's difficult to stop, it's just that in order to stop it, you need to use up more larvae and resources than you'd like, and Protoss can expand quite easily in the meantime.

And I've been 1v1 randoming in retail. I just abuse this against Zerg players, and even though I'm only currently Gold and played Zerg almost exclusively in the beta, I can already beat Diamond Zergs (albeit not upper 25 ones).

Nottoway
08-16-2010, 02:29 AM
Void rays. They are by far the most imbalanced unit in SC2 at the time. Fuckin hate them, they ruin the mid-late game.

limE
08-16-2010, 06:06 AM
Void rays. They are by far the most imbalanced unit in SC2 at the time. Fuckin hate them, they ruin the mid-late game.

LOL, I where a player that used voidrays in almost every matchup :P The problem is, that its easy to counter and if the other player does it well, your dead. So I'm only using voidrays on maybe metalopolis or somthing if the spawns are really close. They'r not overpowered.

Plays I hate losing to is every cheese in the game, I even lost to a sixpool the other day -.-'

Blazur
08-16-2010, 07:36 AM
People love massing void rays, but they're so easily countered by the most basic units/defenses. It's when they're allowed to be massed that they are formidable.

Norfindel
08-16-2010, 08:00 AM
so i got demoted from gold to silver today cuz i got 6 pooled like seriously....... and silver league is a joke. i got killed 3x by 6pool, 2x by cannon rush (LIKE OMFG SERIOUSLY! 2 CANNONS OUT BEFORE A ZEALOT TO PREVENT IT!) and i met 5 cannon addicted turtling protoss. ya i expanded all through out the map but all the minerals in the world cant even help when going up against someone with 200/200 carriers,mothership and even if you fend off the first wave you cant go and clean up their base, theres just too many cannons, its like "ok i killed their army time to send in my army to die from 200 cannons" i seriously miss reavers.

again, silver league is a joke
Colossi can take Cannons down from a safe distance. If you have vision up there, it has to be some non-cannoned spot to Blink/climb up there, and burn everything down.
Of course, if he has Carriers, you better go VR/Carrier yourself, and cast Vortex before he does.

Nottoway
08-16-2010, 05:20 PM
People love massing void rays, but they're so easily countered by the most basic units/defenses. It's when they're allowed to be massed that they are formidable.

It's all really comes down to the charge beam. If it reset faster it'd be balanced. As it stands, if a void ray army is able to get into your base and charge up, its over. You're not going to be able to stop them without losing the majority of your army while he loses little in comparison.

dejai
08-16-2010, 05:27 PM
2 gate proxy it is just so annoying.

dynamiK-
08-18-2010, 06:27 PM
Honestly, I'd have to say just mass Stalkers. Stalkers and Colossus are a pretty deadly combo as well, which I can't stand.

duckyy
08-18-2010, 06:45 PM
bunker pushes with maruaders in the beginning of the game. i can fend it off 70% of the time but its so annoying how they keep kiting my units.

hyde
08-18-2010, 11:03 PM
Late game Zerg Macro.

Mass ultra/speedlings with infestor support. They just mind control my Battlecruisers/thors, and hellions/marines get owned by the sheer# of zerglings/ultralisks.

I have tried mass siege tanks, but upon countering....the time it takes to siege/resiege can basically mean a loss if the opponent speedling swarms you within that window.

KillaKhan
08-19-2010, 12:58 AM
All Of Them xD