PDA

View Full Version : Stuck with Brood War?

SonOfChaos
08-08-2010, 08:49 PM
Since I do not have enough funds to buy anything, I am left with SC:BW to cope for not having SC2. After constantly switching from UMS to Top vs. Bottom to Melee, I started to wonder if there were others here who do not have SC2 and is still playing BW.

So does anyone here not have have SC2 and is just stuck with BW? Or am I the only one left out? :confused:

Hammy
08-08-2010, 09:13 PM
Well there weren't that many people who were active on BW before SC2 even hit the shelves, so I doubt you'll find a huge crowd : (

LegacyofTerra
08-08-2010, 09:16 PM
Have you tried ICCup? Also be sure to visit Team Liquid, it has a HUGE BW section.

saga
08-08-2010, 09:25 PM
i found a couple people on BW that have SC2 but are stuck on playing it cause they miss old units and ums maps and other things if you cant find anyone here there are alot of people at the chat room so go there if all else fails

SonOfChaos
08-18-2010, 01:33 AM
i found a couple people on BW that have SC2 but are stuck on playing it cause they miss old units and ums maps and other things if you cant find anyone here there are alot of people at the chat room so go there if all else fails

Yeah, I met some of those people on BW as well. But most of them are calling races OP without ever giving me a reason. And there are plenty of nice people online but also a good number of annoying/immature people on BW. I found myself having to squelch people half the time I'm online. *sigh* Hopefully I'll get SC2 soon so I can rid myself of annoying BW people (although i'm sure that SC2 has its share of online douches)

GnaReffotsirk
08-18-2010, 11:19 AM
It has indeed. I had my handful for the past games except the last 2.

TheKax
11-28-2010, 05:18 AM
I'm still "stuck" with BW since my computer can't run SC2. Too old. I don't mean this is any negative, I love BW and the way it works. I will buy a new computer someday, not very far in the future though. Then I will buy SC2, but I'll never stop playing BW. I don't mean I'm too active on bnet in bw, but me and my friends play it on our school computer during breaks and so (+ home through bnet, of course). It happens to be the only game we have found which can somehow slip through LAN firewalls (it works with no problems, but most... all other games we've tried just give a connection error for having firewall... Odd, but I'm not complaining). And of course it's the best game that we could play there. :P

Arcopix
12-27-2010, 10:15 AM
I am still playing SC:BW even though I have SC2 and I am playing it too.

BTW I think that there are lot's of guys that likes more SC:BW than SC2 (like me). It's all about the atmosphere :)

solidsamurai
04-27-2011, 11:38 PM
Blizz knocked me off of SC 2 due to 'weird account patterns' on their log in system. Log in system? Account patterns? In my day, it was just password and log in! No security questions! No validation emails that you wait for that never come!

Seriously, fuck new net tech these days.
----

Anyway, brood war is fun yes.