PDA

View Full Version : StarCraft: Ghost

Kimera757
05-10-2009, 04:50 PM
On what specific issue? Plot? Gameplay? The book that'll be out next year?

LordofAscension
05-10-2009, 08:25 PM
Huh?

What are you talking about?

~LoA

DemolitionSquid
05-10-2009, 09:16 PM
I think he's asking what aspects of SC:G concern us?

Mine is that it never came out :(

http://ps2media.gamespy.com/ps2/image/article/662/662514/starcraft-ghost-20051028031403457.jpg

Sweet dreams, Firebat. You were awesome for nigh.

Freespace
05-13-2009, 07:52 AM
Mine is they weren't going to release it for PC.

n00bonicPlague
05-13-2009, 08:04 AM
.................da fuck???

Can someone fill me in?

Zero
05-13-2009, 11:04 AM
.................da fuck???

Can someone fill me in?

On what? On what happened to SC: Ghost?

It was being made, then Blizzard took it to another developer, and around the time it was getting somewhat close to completion was the dawning of the next generation of consoles (PS3, X360, Wii). Maybe Blizzard didn't feel like completely redoing it to take advantage of the new consoles, or make the fans wait another year or so longer, or maybe it'd interfere somehow with StarCraft 2. We don't know the real reasons, but Blizzard declared it to be "indefinitely suspended".

Apparently the lore behind the plot of the game will be elaborated on in the book StarCraft: Spectre, which will go into detail about Project Shadowblade.

n00bonicPlague
05-13-2009, 11:44 AM
On what? On what happened to SC: Ghost?
Nah, just what this thread is doing here and what it was meant for.

But thanks for the info anyway. Perhaps they decided to remake SC:G into the new MMO thing.

sandwich_bird
05-13-2009, 12:55 PM
He probably mean he would like a sc:g section on the site. I approve!

ChaosSmurf
05-13-2009, 03:47 PM
bird bird bird, bird is the word.

RainbowToeSocks
05-13-2009, 04:39 PM
bird bird bird, bird is the word.

off topic. Spam

shame on you

Thread closed :p

Praetor_Ixab
05-13-2009, 08:55 PM
i doubt SC:G will become or has become the new MMO, because everyone knows the new MMO is World of Starcraft!:D

DemolitionSquid
05-13-2009, 11:37 PM
i doubt SC:G will become or has become the new MMO, because everyone knows the new MMO is World of Starcraft!:D

That would be WorldS of Starcraft.

Or Starcraft Worlds.

Or Starcraft Galaxy

Or K-Sector.

Praetor_Ixab
05-14-2009, 12:16 AM
haha that's what i meant... i still have no idea how WoS would work. doesn't seem like it lends itself too much to the MMORPG genre, really. you could basically only be Terran or Protoss, cuz Zerg is a hive-mind species where units couldn't quest b/c they have no free will. not enough sentient races, either, so you'd be stuck. the lore, history, and mythology of the StarCraft universe needs to expand greatly in order to even think of undertaking something like World of StarCraft, as much as I'd love to see it.

DemolitionSquid
05-14-2009, 12:38 AM
haha that's what i meant... i still have no idea how WoS would work. doesn't seem like it lends itself too much to the MMORPG genre, really. you could basically only be Terran or Protoss, cuz Zerg is a hive-mind species where units couldn't quest b/c they have no free will. not enough sentient races, either, so you'd be stuck. the lore, history, and mythology of the StarCraft universe needs to expand greatly in order to even think of undertaking something like World of StarCraft, as much as I'd love to see it.

How very small minded of you. Of course you could play Zerg. Your quests would be given as orders by Overlords, Queens, Infested Terran Commanders... even Kerrigan herself. The quests would mostly be in a "after achieving optimal mutation, go do this" way.

Worlds of Starcraft is completely, 100% possible and could be true to the lore. And it would be very, very good. So good it'd be pure evil.

Instead of Horde and Alliance, the factions would be the three races. Each race would have classes (ex. Protoss > Zealot, Stalker, Immortal, HT, DT) and each class would specialize in different things (Immortal is tanking class, DT is stealth assassin, HT is caster). It'd be QUITE simple to create.

Novasquadron
05-14-2009, 01:07 AM
For humanity sakes i hope they dont go down that road, like they did with Warcraft. The reason i say that is because i know if they made it, i would never stop playing it...ever.:)

DemolitionSquid
05-14-2009, 10:20 AM
For humanity sakes i hope they dont go down that road, like they did with Warcraft. The reason i say that is because i know if they made it, i would never stop playing it...ever.:)

Hence why I called it pure evil.

WoW has already stolen millions of souls. Starcraft would become Hell v2.0.

Pandonetho
05-14-2009, 02:17 PM
No. Starcraft MMO will fail no matter how clever you think your ideas could work for it DS.

Zero
05-14-2009, 04:38 PM
No. Starcraft MMO will fail no matter how clever you think your ideas could work for it DS.

I beg to different, it could work out very well with the right system. If you're going to say "no" at least give some reasoning behind your claim. I've thought through everything and it can easily work.

For starters, rather than a "traditional" level-up system, make stat gains minimal, with leveling up providing a player's character with more skills, buffs, and access to better equipment. That way, a skilled player with a low level character could still beat a high level opponent with an unskilled player. The less powerful Zerg players would play as the hero units and adopt a number of lesser Zerg to join them to even their battle strength with the Terran and Protoss' armor, weaponry, and vehicles. And that's just the tip of the iceberg as to what I'm sure would work for a successful SCMMO.

Praetor_Ixab
05-15-2009, 11:30 AM
its intriguing, but as it stands now, there just doesn't seem to be enough in the SC universe to create an SCMMO that would rival something like WoW. we all know that WoS would have to be what SC2 is to SC1 - the unparalleled, uncontested sequel and next step in the story. there first needs to be enough story for that to happen. remember, WoW, there were 3 Warcrafts, plus 2 expansions. WoS would have to wait until after Legacy of the Void, at the VERY LEAST, and i'd say they shouldn't put any serious thought into it (if they ever do) until after SC3 (and don't think it won't happen, we'll wait another 11 years after LotV to play it!).

DemolitionSquid
05-15-2009, 11:41 AM
its intriguing, but as it stands now, there just doesn't seem to be enough in the SC universe to create an SCMMO that would rival something like WoW. we all know that WoS would have to be what SC2 is to SC1 - the unparalleled, uncontested sequel and next step in the story. there first needs to be enough story for that to happen. remember, WoW, there were 3 Warcrafts, plus 2 expansions. WoS would have to wait until after Legacy of the Void, at the VERY LEAST, and i'd say they shouldn't put any serious thought into it (if they ever do) until after SC3 (and don't think it won't happen, we'll wait another 11 years after LotV to play it!).

I will contest your point using but one piece of logic.

WoW RAPED Warcraft's lore.

RainbowToeSocks
05-15-2009, 11:50 AM
Well I have a feeling this thread will be closed soon so I put up a WoS thread in off-topic forums

go at it kids

Praetor_Ixab
05-16-2009, 08:42 PM
I will contest your point using but one piece of logic.

WoW RAPED Warcraft's lore.

i'm slightly confused by how you are using the word "raped". do you mean that it screwed up the lore and made the lore stupid, or that it concluded all possible attempts at adding onto the lore? what did you mean? i dont see how that contested what i said.

what I'm saying is that there isn't enough in the SC universe to create an MMO yet. WarCraft had more than 1 released game before it was turning into WoW. StarCraft needs more.

DemolitionSquid
05-17-2009, 05:38 AM
i'm slightly confused by how you are using the word "raped". do you mean that it screwed up the lore and made the lore stupid, or that it concluded all possible attempts at adding onto the lore? what did you mean? i dont see how that contested what i said.

You said that WarCraft has tons of lore, which you say is needed for a good MMO like this. I say that WoW has altered the lore into such a way it has almost no relation to the original game. Thus:

what I'm saying is that there isn't enough in the SC universe to create an MMO yet. WarCraft had more than 1 released game before it was turning into WoW. StarCraft needs more.

What I'm saying is that ITS BETTER that SC has less known lore because it gives more new opportunities for new lore content and lore exploration without violating the original lore, thus making the game better through a consistency and unity that Warcraft now lacks.

Less lore = better starting point.

Zero
05-18-2009, 03:07 PM
What I'm saying is that ITS BETTER that SC has less known lore because it gives more new opportunities for new lore content and lore exploration without violating the original lore, thus making the game better through a consistency and unity that Warcraft now lacks.

Less lore = better starting point.

Have to agree on this. I can't stand when things get retconned or changed around to suit the most recent game. Although there is a lot we've seen of the SC universe, there's far more we haven't seen and can still experience in one way or another.

I think the perfect starting point for a SC MMO would be after the final part of SC2. The SC MMO would initially act as a bridge between the end of SC2 and the beginning of a SC3 (RTS), but assuming the game ends up successful, the MMO can be updated after SC3 so that it will stay current with the events of the RTS, and perhaps even extend the lore beyond that (should the SC3 RTS not end it all).

Kimera757
05-23-2009, 02:08 PM
There is no StarCraft MMO in development.

We have nothing to advertise for the new MMO because it's a shell of a game thus far. We've already stated it'll be a brand new franchise, which means the lore, art, and game play are being developed entirely from scratch. It's an overwhelming process, but a process through which we excel. Our track record supports this.

Source: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=16903519279&pageNo=2&sid=1#20

I have theories on how the game's plot would have gone, based on dubious concept art though :)