PDA

View Full Version : You know what would be an awesome cinematic for SC2?

Alex06
06-28-2009, 01:23 AM
I just thought this up...Any of you who have seen the live-action Transformers movie likely remember this track:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6x9__W42Yc

Right?
Well, I thought...What if, they redid this cutscene from the original StarCraft:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Z7PoVMNyfI
(That's the last cutscene of Vanilla SC, where Tassadar sacrifices himself)

What if they redid that cutscene with realistic, modern-day CGI that Blizzard has used to make the other SC2 cutscenes, and made it match that track?

In fact, what if the Blizzard cinematic team were just to simply use the Optimus vs Megatron track, or a remix of it (With approval from the Steve Jablonsky and the TF filmmakers, of course)?

That scene was awesome, and it needs to be epic-ified up to modern day standards. It would be amazing to see it in HD and realistic CGI form, like it was always intended to be seen, but impossible due to the technology back then.

The epic part near the end of that track fits well with the part of the video where Tassadar unleashes a massive psychic energy and kills the Overmind.

Aldrius
06-28-2009, 01:33 AM
In fact, what if the Blizzard cinematic team were just to simply use the Optimus vs Megatron track, or a remix of it (With approval from the Steve Jablonsky and the TF filmmakers, of course)?

Wouldn't happen in a thousand years. Besides, it's a pretty good track, but Blizzard's composers can do one just as good probably.

Personally, I'm pretty okay with the cinematics they're doing. The Kerrigan-Tarsonis moment is actually pretty dramatic and deserves a cinematic. Especially for the sake of new fans.

The Tassadar one... doesn't really need an update, and I can't think of too many others that do really from the original games, or wouldn't just be better replaced by something new but similar.

GentleBen
06-28-2009, 01:35 AM
I would lose all respect for SC if they did anything like that.

slinkyst76
06-28-2009, 02:13 AM
I would lose all respect for SC if they did anything like that.

+1

original

Hav0x
06-28-2009, 02:35 AM
They're already doing a cinematic about something that happened in SC, we don't need any more of them. I actually want to see some cinematics about the story we're actually going to be playing in THIS game.

Nicol Bolas
06-28-2009, 03:26 AM
They're already doing a cinematic about something that happened in SC, we don't need any more of them.

It's not just that. Both of the characters involved in the cutscene in question are dead (and unlike those... films..., dead people in StarCraft stay dead). It serves no purpose. The only reason they're redoing the Kerrigan cutscene in SC2 is because the object of the cutscene is still alive.

Crazy_Jonny
06-28-2009, 07:40 AM
They're already doing a cinematic about something that happened in SC, we don't need any more of them. I actually want to see some cinematics about the story we're actually going to be playing in THIS game.

Well, I could see Blizzard doing something like '1 flashback per game.' So I see nothing wrong with redoing the cutscene for the last expansion, Legacy of the Void.

Regardless, I want Blizzard to keep making their own music please.

spychi
06-28-2009, 07:55 AM
I'd like to see SC cinematics with the current 3D graphics.
Also I'd like to see a cinematic that looks like the opening in the SC:Ghost - a huge battle: Terran vs Zerg or any other race vs any other race.

ChaosSmurf
06-28-2009, 09:06 AM
Am I the only person on the planet who didn't like the final Tassadar-dies cinematic? I just thought everything in it apart from interceptors exploding was kinda dull. Massively preffered Ambush or that one where the wraiths blow up the space platform.

Also if they're going to remake a scene from SC, I'd prefer it to be something they never had before - say the battle of Omega.

Bisso
06-28-2009, 10:50 AM
Also if they're going to remake a scene from SC, I'd prefer it to be something they never had before - say the battle of Omega.

I would like Pheonix (2nd) murder by Kerrigan, that would fit perfectly with Jim Raynor exile.

Aldrius
06-28-2009, 10:55 AM
Am I the only person on the planet who didn't like the final Tassadar-dies cinematic? I just thought everything in it apart from interceptors exploding was kinda dull. Massively preffered Ambush or that one where the wraiths blow up the space platform.

No, you're not alone.

I actually don't really like any of the vanilla cinematics... most of them are too short to leave any impression on me. The Sarge one and Mengsk's victory speech are really the only ones I particularly like. Maybe the end of the Zerg campaign too.

Now the Brood War cinematics. I like almost all of them. Especially the intro.

sandwich_bird
06-28-2009, 02:52 PM
+1

original

+2

Why would they do that... They can write better music than this and I'm maybe one of the few on this position but the transformers movies are meh. Original cartoons and even beast war > transformers movies.

Pandonetho
06-28-2009, 03:06 PM
and I'm maybe one of the few on this position but the transformers movies are meh.

Totally with you on this. And Megan Fox isn't even that hot IMO.

Alex06
06-28-2009, 04:40 PM
+2

Why would they do that... They can write better music than this and I'm maybe one of the few on this position but the transformers movies are meh. Original cartoons and even beast war > transformers movies.
Music was good enough, but the movies themselves are meh-ish. The 2nd one was kind of a disappointment (Saw it yesterday), and had many discontinuity issues (both with itself and the 1st movie). I was quite distracted because of that and wasn't able to properly enjoy the movie. Not only that, but physics were clearly defied many times in the movie.