PDA

View Full Version : Mengsk?

screw_ball69
06-26-2009, 06:57 PM
Will he be in starcraft 2?

also now that I think about it, will hero units have unique models or will somone like Raynor look like your everyday marine like in the first game.

Aldrius
06-26-2009, 07:07 PM
Yes.

Unique models.

screw_ball69
06-26-2009, 07:08 PM
Suweet.

EditL Has there been any art or appearances of Mengsk yet?

Kimera757
06-26-2009, 07:09 PM
Important heroes will have their own models. Possibly less important characters won't have them.

Arcturus Mengsk won't have much of a role in StarCraft II, as his character development is seemingly over and done with.

screw_ball69
06-26-2009, 07:12 PM
Important heroes will have their own models. Possibly less important characters won't have them.

Arcturus Mengsk won't have much of a role in StarCraft II, as his character development is seemingly over and done with.

That saddens me slightly Arcturus is one of my favorite characters from the original.

Aldrius
06-26-2009, 07:47 PM
Well.

I think the stuff about Mengsk is mostly a misinterpretation.

He won't be as directly important as he was in the original, like I don't think he'll be actively doing a lot. I think it's more his presence that will be felt through out the storyline.

And he has appeared in two pieces of concept art. One with a ghost. One as a hologram next to what is presumably his government building on Korhal.

So he'll likely show up at least a few times.

Pandonetho
06-26-2009, 08:08 PM
If Mengsk isn't going to be as important as he was in BW, I'll be sad. So I guess that's it huh? He just up and rebuilt his empire over the 4 years we know nothing about and then now it's his son's time.

Hamshank
06-26-2009, 08:09 PM
These are all assumptions, the story line of SC2 isn't known beyond Blizzard

Aldrius
06-26-2009, 08:10 PM
These are all assumptions, the story line of SC2 isn't known beyond Blizzard

Not really.

They've said that "Mengsk's Story" is over.

What that means is up to interpretation.

If Mengsk isn't going to be as important as he was in BW, I'll be sad. So I guess that's it huh? He just up and rebuilt his empire over the 4 years we know nothing about and then now it's his son's time.

Well obviously we'll be finding out more about the Dominion through out StarCraft 2. He's clearly a PART of StarCraft 2.

Kimera757
06-26-2009, 08:32 PM
They went into more detail about Arcturus Mengsk. You can get the info and video (1 hour long) here: http://sclegacy.com/feature/22-bc07/288-blizzcon-2007-starcraft-lore-panel

"The reason the developers are excited about the “new Mengsk” is they feel that Arcturus’ story had been told through StarCraft and Broodwar. Andy explains that Arcturus went through his revolutionary phase, defeated the Confederacy, and now has become this kind of “tyranty” figure. Now the question is how will Valerian turn out?"

That might not be an exact quote; you'll have to watch the video to see if it matches up. However, Blizzard actually explained their reasons for not pursuing Arcturus Mengsk's story as much.

screw_ball69
06-26-2009, 09:20 PM
I really need to read I, Mengsk.

LordArreat15
06-26-2009, 11:48 PM
Arcturus time is over. :(

Heres a thought, Valerian going to inheriting the Dominion one day, but its not like Arcturus going to hand the title emperor to Valerian in the beginning of SC2 just like that. Emperor Arcturus Mengsk could still lead the Terran Dominion just a wee bit longer till the end of SC2 WoL/Trilogy, with Valerian as Mr. V in the background in WoL.

Building his one last legacy to be remember that Val has to overcome his father shadow. Try to finish his personal business with Raynor and Kerrigan (Die in a confrontation with her?) and gain more glory for ' the good of humanity'. Before the power shifts over to Valerian.

Beyond that there really nothing expect for that one hope for old Mengsk.
We likely gonna see Arcturus play a more direct role Spectre, and blizzard filling in some more timeline gaps here and there of his past. Spectre and SC2 will be his last major role in the SC universe.