PDA

View Full Version : Game Freezing

Warsaw
06-24-2009, 11:06 PM
I dont know if this is the right place to ask but my game keeps freezing and it seems to be at certain points. Like when I try to burrow a unit or something. It dosnt crash and give me an error it just freezes my entire computer and I cant close it. I have to reset it. Anyone know any solutions that might work?

SoupyTwist
06-25-2009, 01:53 AM
Try reinstalling it, sometimes it seems to just not install correctly.

Norfindel
06-25-2009, 08:25 AM
What computer do you have? Operating System? Did you check the CPU temperature? Believe it or not, SC can make your CPU go 100% processing (that was supposedly fixed in the lastest patches, however, but i think you need to check "cpu control" in the game's options, but i don't remember the exact name).

Warsaw
06-25-2009, 01:03 PM
Alright. I dont thinkeanything is really causing it I meen it just turns off at any random momment but its always in game never when im in lobby. Im on XP and no I havnt checked my cpu tempature.

Norfindel
06-25-2009, 02:03 PM
Alright. I dont thinkeanything is really causing it I meen it just turns off at any random momment but its always in game never when im in lobby. Im on XP and no I havnt checked my cpu tempature.
Well, probably the lobby doesn't take significant CPU power.
I would check the temperature of the CPU.
There are some tools used by overclockers to see if the cpu hangs at full power.
You can also test your memory with memtest86+, and do a full surface scan on your HDDs to try to detect problems.

Warsaw
06-25-2009, 05:23 PM
Alright. I'll go about that then. Im going to install it on my other comp and maybe I can just play there. Lot simpler of a solution for me. lol

Hammy
06-25-2009, 05:30 PM
What computer do you have? Operating System? Did you check the CPU temperature? Believe it or not, SC can make your CPU go 100% processing (that was supposedly fixed in the lastest patches, however, but i think you need to check "cpu control" in the game's options, but i don't remember the exact name).

The option is in the "speed" section of the options. By default it ISN'T activated if i remember correctly, so you should check that. It's called "Enable CPU throttling", and it should be checked.