PDA

View Full Version : Lega Cup Maybay?

InpuBot
06-10-2010, 03:06 PM
Crazy idea, but here me out.

Maybe SC:Legacy could hold a Starcraft 2 tournament like semi-weekly or weekly. It would be similar to Gosucoaching weekly and the Zotac Cup.

We could have community commentators commentate on the semi's and finals.

It would be people who sign up and it would be a one day event with 32 participants.

We could get the money through donations, we could find a sponsor, or make an entry fee.

I can help organize if needed. (I obviously have some interest in the idea considering i am making this thread).

For those who are gonna say "The beta isn't up stupid". I know, it won't start till its back up

If you might be interested in commentating...

English Commentators:

French Commentators: GT2slurp, Bisso

DemolitionSquid
06-10-2010, 03:08 PM
I've been considering commentating. There are a lot of popular commentators like HD, Husky and Crota who really aren't that good so I think I could stand a shot lol.

silencbank
06-10-2010, 03:25 PM
I do tend to think there are a lack of commentators really. My personal favorite is Day9 (no offense any SC:L commentators you all rock too) not necessarily because of what he shows. But because of how he explains it. I believe I have learned more from listening to how he describes things than I did while even playing the game.

More to the point of the op though, I do not think it is a good idea to start the tourney in beta and that we should wait until the real game is released. While there will probably be less bugs, there will not be nearly as many as there have been more than likely. But i would definately like to see and SC:L tourney. I really wanna see how good everyone really is, and not how good they say they are.

SaharaDrac
06-10-2010, 03:25 PM
All I gotta say is, hold your horses. :)

Phase 2 of beta is an exciting time!

Demo, I noticed you left me off your judgement list. Secret fan, hmm??

InpuBot
06-10-2010, 03:39 PM
I do tend to think there are a lack of commentators really. My personal favorite is Day9 (no offense any SC:L commentators you all rock too) not necessarily because of what he shows. But because of how he explains it. I believe I have learned more from listening to how he describes things than I did while even playing the game.

More to the point of the op though, I do not think it is a good idea to start the tourney in beta and that we should wait until the real game is released. While there will probably be less bugs, there will not be nearly as many as there have been more than likely. But i would definately like to see and SC:L tourney. I really wanna see how good everyone really is, and not how good they say they are.

I definitely like Day9 but if we were to do a Legacy cup, we have so many commentators here that we could use.

DemolitionSquid
06-10-2010, 03:41 PM
All I gotta say is, hold your horses. :)

Phase 2 of beta is an exciting time!

Demo, I noticed you left me off your judgement list. Secret fan, hmm??

No no, I just forgot you existed. You still suck too, don't worry.

SaharaDrac
06-10-2010, 03:58 PM
No no, I just forgot you existed. You still suck too, don't worry.

When you make your commentary, make sure to link us all. Can't wait! <3

Gt2slurp
06-10-2010, 04:44 PM
It is a good idea! If you search a french commentator i can do it ^^.

Bisso
06-10-2010, 04:44 PM
why having a price? I used to LOVE SC1 when it was before the pro-scene, when free and friendly tournaments were organised weekly. Back in the days, SC was rlly awesome. Maybe it could be a fun and more friendly tournament. IMO

It is a good idea! If you search a french commentator i can do it ^^.

I could help with that lol

sandwich_bird
06-10-2010, 04:46 PM
Moved to the feedback forums. This is where you make suggestions like these.

DemolitionSquid
06-10-2010, 04:59 PM
Hell, even I could do french commentary. Not that I want to.

InpuBot
06-10-2010, 07:27 PM
Am i the only one here who doesn't know french?

Maul
06-11-2010, 12:35 AM
I actually have some plans for a regular SC:L tournament a few weeks after SC2 is released

rise
06-12-2010, 11:56 AM
Regular, forum-based tournaments can be managed effectively by the community members themselves. Considering the time required to run great tournaments, operating an official, frequent tournament for forum members is highly unlikely. Consequently, our tournament aspirations for the forum-based community will emphasize a larger, less frequent tournament. We would want to create a tournament that our forum members look forward toward and plan for; it would have to be special.

I predict that we would look to support a host of localized tournaments for our forum community. We could perhaps provide forum-wide advertisement, graphics, occasional prizes, and other resources. Players can cater to their own needs effectively, so we would look to support your own initiatives as opposed to provide services.

Arkalis
06-13-2010, 05:55 PM
SC:L being a Tournament Host?

So boosting their popularity through YouTube isn't enough? XD

P.D. Has anyone noticed Staff Members never get spelling or grammar mistakes?

rise
06-13-2010, 07:04 PM
SC:L being a Tournament Host?

So boosting their popularity through YouTube isn't enough? XD

P.D. Has anyone noticed Staff Members never get spelling or grammar mistakes?

Hosting a tournament is a logical extension of our coverage, for we need to establish ourselves as a credible organization among the competitive community. Our competitive StarCraft and StarCraft II coverage has been neither our strength nor our focus, so we must establish ourselves respectfully among the competitive scene before commenting on it.

Forum posting is a low priority in comparison with producing the best articles we can as a volunteer organization? Staff members post freely and voluntarily; they want to engage and interact with the community. Also, they post very frequently. Gifted exemplifies the numerous benefits of this community interaction. The alternative could be me: I post exclusively in an official capacity in public, and I post in a straightforward, blunt style that has a little less bedside manner than Gifted. If I were a community member, I would much prefer Gifted; however, I would also understand that he posts in his free (free) time, and I would realize that he doesn't have time to check his posts. He is an example of one staff member. We are all human, and we all have varying degrees of focus, performance, and engagement that depend on the time of day. I can find a multitude of posters at any moment in any place who produce "never" get their spelling and grammar mistakes. However, I understand that perfect posting is a time resource that is better spent in producing articles for the community at large.

Also, you need the word "how" in your last sentence...

...My apologies for the improper ellipses!

Gradius
06-14-2010, 08:11 PM
My personal favorite is Day9 (no offense any SC:L commentators you all rock too) not necessarily because of what he shows.
Day9 should make a tutorial on how to do a thug snap. :4

InpuBot
06-14-2010, 09:35 PM
Day9 should make a tutorial on how to do a thug snap. :4

rofl,

And I see what you mean rise. More frequent tournaments would be fairly difficult to perform. I feel the community will rise to the occasion on whatever is decided. (I had a 10 second brain fart on how to spell decide)

Maul
06-15-2010, 02:38 AM
Tasteless > Day[9]

Day[9] is good for his in-depth analysis and expertise but Tasteless makes the experience fun, exciting and still talks strategy in a more entertaining way. Not that Day[9] is boring or anything, I just think Tasteless is a better choice for any top level English SC2 commentary.

Oh man I have such a man crush on that guy

silencbank
06-15-2010, 03:25 AM
Tasteless > Day[9]

Day[9] is good for his in-depth analysis and expertise but Tasteless makes the experience fun, exciting and still talks strategy in a more entertaining way. Not that Day[9] is boring or anything, I just think Tasteless is a better choice for any top level English SC2 commentary.

Oh man I have such a man crush on that guy

Well, I have yet to experience Tasteless' commentaries because I can not find them so I can not say which is better. So if you know where I can find them send me a link. But, Day9 will always be close to my heart since he made me see this game in a new way. He is like how I treat Sailor Moon. It was the first anime I truly understood, and it opened the door to Naruto, One Piece, DBZ and so many more great animes I have experienced. Crota was my first SC2 commentator and thus popped my SC2 cherry. But Day9 made sweet sweet love to SC2 for me and opened me up to more experimentation. (I feel a negative point coming on but, personally, this is too funny to NOT say.)

InpuBot
06-15-2010, 09:41 AM
Tasteless hasnt done any sc2 commentaries but you can probably find his funniest sayings video on youtube.

InpuBot
06-15-2010, 10:03 AM
Tasteless hasnt done any sc2 commentaries but you can probably find his funniest sayings video on youtube.

Here is his best quotes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8C-g9bBa9s

rise
06-15-2010, 02:49 PM
Tasteless is awesome! The combination of him and Artosis are my favourite commentating duo. The combination of casual attitude, knowledge, and explanation of why are so important.

Arkalis
06-18-2010, 04:04 PM
Hosting a tournament...

Also, you need the word "how" in your last sentence...

...My apologies for the improper ellipses!

My apologies...it isn't the same to learn English as mother language than learning through school.

And I have another question: Why is your avatar invisible?

rise
06-18-2010, 05:25 PM
The latest version of sclegacy.com and the forums was released April 2009, and I have yet to select an avatar. This is a reflection on my inactivity; however, I like my placeholder avatar very much!