PDA

View Full Version : StarCraft II Battle Report Three

Dauntless
06-19-2009, 02:55 PM
http://sclegacy.com/forums/images/uploaded/starcraftiinews/sc2battlereport.jpg
Update: Battle Report Three has officially been released on starcraft2.com. Here is the screenshot of the map Scrapyard:

http://sclegacy.com/forums/../images/uploaded/starcraftiinews/Scrapyard.jpg
StarCraft II Battle Report three surfaced on a few foreign websites yesterday, as was brought up on SC:L's forums (http://sclegacy.com/forums/forums/showthread.php?p=7736). This game is the best of the three Battle Reports yet, and the battle stands between Yeon-Ho Lee (Zerg) and David Kim (Protoss) on the map Scrapyard.

Part 1

uTJQ1MrVFBE

Click here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTJQ1MrVFBE&fmt=35) for standard quality.

Part 2

PEpdpKk81Hs

Click here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEpdpKk81Hs&fmt=35) for standard quality.

The commentary is done again by Dustin Browder, lead designer of StarCraft II, and Robert Simpson, Blizzard E-Sports Coordinator.

Source:
StarCraft2.com - Battle Report Three (http://starcraft2.com/features/battlereports/3.xml)

Runtime
06-19-2009, 04:21 PM
Yeah pretty good game - although it does seem like an outdated build due to some of the older unit and building designs.

In my opinion, I'd love to see more airplay on a map like this. The starting points were really close together, and I'd love to see how Zerg vs Protoss air goes.

Dauntless
06-19-2009, 04:39 PM
Definitly an outdated build, Infestors and Spawning Pools got old models. Aswell as Nullifier not being named Disruptor.

Bisso
06-19-2009, 05:31 PM
Definitly an outdated build, Infestors and Spawning Pools got old models. Aswell as Nullifier not being named Disruptor.

yup, but it's still fun to watch. I love the spectator stats window (mineral per minute is epic. I already see myself looking at my replays to see if I'm doing right with the money.

Also the nullifier/disruptor is going to be the bread and butter for a protoss in PvZ. I don't think it's overpowered since burrow, i think, can be learned at about the same time. A zerg can easily just burrow and wait for the rest of the army, etc...

I also like to see some protoss in action again, the building look sharp and nice. Though, Zealots don't appear very dangerous in their look, maybe the video quality didn't show the details but I felt like they didn't have their psi blades on. Also, the pheonix look RLY bad in action lolll. When he was shooting with his little lazer on the overlord... I felt sorry for him to see such a lame attack animation lol. It's even more lame than Scout ground attack.

screw_ball69
06-19-2009, 09:16 PM
who knew that a starcraft match would be entertaining with commentators.

Edit: also that was a very impressive game.

euniprawn
06-19-2009, 10:59 PM
Nice game. Lots of variety.

The saddest moment was the death of the first Queen. So mean!

sandwich_bird
06-20-2009, 01:17 AM
you can build more than one queen? Didn't know that...

Anyways, he's against a zerg, why no HT + storm?

Nullifier is a cool unit but he's ugly.

nonick
06-20-2009, 06:45 AM
that was great.. love the mind control stuff!

and the nullifier blocking is cool too

starcraftguy13
06-20-2009, 07:37 PM
i had actually thought that the zerg player would win

starcraftguy13
06-20-2009, 07:38 PM
i didnt know th phoniex could do that!!!

Briaya
06-21-2009, 01:58 AM
I can see both ripping their hair out at times.

SIL3NT-DE4TH
06-21-2009, 04:26 AM
where is the original from is it more of a higher quality?

i wonder when blizzard will make the offical relase of br3

Update: Nvm its on fileplanet

Norfindel
06-21-2009, 09:15 PM
Neural Parasite is devastating! At least, it seems like it has a short cast range. The Protoss player should had built some Observers.

Force Field was also used to great advantage. If casted in the right moment it can help a lot.

Whatever the situation, every single time the Colossus do appear, they're uttery put to shame, lol!!! :p

Wankey
06-21-2009, 11:39 PM
I wonder if David Kim is the next boxor... actually probably not. His play style is only because he's head of balance. Never uses many spectacular plays at all.

Blazur
06-22-2009, 12:23 PM
They just added the third battle report to the official website.

http://www.starcraft2.com/features/battlereports/3.xml

Here's a high-res image of that map.

http://www.starcraft2.com/features/battlereports/images/Scrapyard.jpg

Just noticed the 3 island expansions. Could be a huge advantage for Terran players.

Gradius
06-22-2009, 12:24 PM
Updated with sc2.com official update. Scrapyard:

http://sclegacy.com/images/uploaded/starcraftiinews/Scrapyard.jpg

LoTuS
06-22-2009, 07:10 PM
Would the Colossus be considered a good replacement for reaver? Since those colossi got owned quicker than i thought.

DemolitionSquid
06-22-2009, 07:21 PM
Would the Colossus be considered a good replacement for reaver? Since those colossi got owned quicker than i thought.

Colossi are glass cannons. They are meant to stand on high ground, firing from long range. They are not meant to be surrounded by Zerglings. They replace Reavers, but you cannot use them like Reavers.

Pandonetho
06-22-2009, 11:09 PM
Oh my god, that map is beautiful. I'm glad to see some asymmetry in there, anyone else?

ihateyou916
06-23-2009, 04:31 AM
Match me up with David Kim, I will give him fits easily!

Hammy
06-23-2009, 06:47 AM
I've been hoping for map concepts like that for ages. I'm glad blizzard is doing it. Of course there is stuff to tweak but 2 player maps where the players aren't at cross positions open so many possibilities...

RamiZ
06-23-2009, 07:44 AM
Oh my god, that map is beautiful. I'm glad to see some asymmetry in there, anyone else?
I agree, it really looks good, and i love the fact that there is only one yellow mineral field so those players will fight for it. What i dont like is 3 'Islands' making imba for Terran player.

Hammy
06-23-2009, 08:43 AM
Lots of things have changed now... island maps probably won't have the same mechanics as in BW. Think of warp-in and nydus canals. A protoss or zerg could destroy a lightly defended terran island in a heartbeat if the T can't respond quickly enough with his land army.

Blazur
06-23-2009, 10:30 AM

Hell yeah dude, I'm a huge supporter of asymmetrical maps...even if its insignificant. Should add some variety and on-the-fly strategies to the game.

This map is stunning.

The_Blade
06-23-2009, 12:22 PM
Even though SC 2 is the secuel of SC. We cant compare any unit with another. Its just stupid. You cant even say the marine works as the sc marine.

Lets just say every unit in sc2 is unique, though they might have similar characteristics as the old SC units.

We have seen the zergling rush replaced by the roach rush. Things are different and no mather what ppl say, they are different.

(And probably most of the ppl will try old SC tactics on their first games of SC 2)

Im looking forward for this kind of maps to boost the 1v1 games.

RamiZ
06-24-2009, 09:19 AM
Lots of things have changed now... island maps probably won't have the same mechanics as in BW. Think of warp-in and nydus canals. A protoss or zerg could destroy a lightly defended terran island in a heartbeat if the T can't respond quickly enough with his land army.
That is not the point, Nydus and Warp-in comes together with transportation, you cant have it earlier... And Terran could just fast exp on Island and you cant touch it until tier 2. That is why map like Lost Temple is replaced in Tournaments with maps like Andromed and Python, where you have island, but you cant land CC there cuz of one mineral that you need to gather first and then expand there, so all races are equal. But they can make Bridges on this map(Scrapyard) with Islands and Map would be fairly balanced.

Pandonetho
06-24-2009, 11:08 AM
ut you cant land CC there cuz of one mineral that you need to gather first and then expand there, so all races are equal. But they can make Bridges on this map(Scrapyard) with Islands and Map would be fairly balanced.

Which is stupid if you ask me. The reason why Terran's have lift-off is so they can ****ing use it as part of their racial trait. Not have it nullified to be just like everyone else.

Santrega
06-24-2009, 03:12 PM
That is not the point, Nydus and Warp-in comes together with transportation, you cant have it earlier... And Terran could just fast exp on Island and you cant touch it until tier 2. That is why map like Lost Temple is replaced in Tournaments with maps like Andromed and Python, where you have island, but you cant land CC there cuz of one mineral that you need to gather first and then expand there, so all races are equal. But they can make Bridges on this map(Scrapyard) with Islands and Map would be fairly balanced.

People like to bring up this argument... but the resources it takes to make 1-2 CCs in the start is enough to put you behind in the fight.. Its a risk/reward situation.

If you risk spending 400 minerals or whatever the final amount will be on a CC, you'll be rewarded as a terran player by having a relatively safe expansion. However, if the protoss sets up a proxy pylon with warp in you'll be spending all that extra money to defend, and if they play well enough, and get blink or warp prisms while they have you stuck defending your main, even your expansions will be up for grabs.

I dont think the other races are that effected by this...

Pandonetho
06-25-2009, 04:45 PM
Doesn't Warp-in come right after you get the Cybernetics core? So it comes before the actual Protoss transport.

Hammy
06-25-2009, 05:17 PM
People like to bring up this argument... but the resources it takes to make 1-2 CCs in the start is enough to put you behind in the fight.. Its a risk/reward situation.

I dont think the other races are that effected by this...
Exactly, it's a decisive tactical choice. However, in BW it's a big deal because it's a safe early expand (which gives you time to secure it, but you can't maynard to it), but it stays safe later on. The opponent has to invest a lot of ressources and tactical ground to take it down. This will be lessened in SC2 because everything is so much more mobile. That's why I don't think adding minerals on islands is necessary, because at T2 it'll be a bigger deal to protect (as T) than it'll be to attack (as Z or P).

RamiZ
06-25-2009, 07:12 PM
Doesn't Warp-in come right after you get the Cybernetics core? So it comes before the actual Protoss transport.
Yeah but you cant Warp-in w/o Pylon power, and on island you will need Warp Prism.

Pandonetho
06-26-2009, 12:37 AM
Yeah but you cant Warp-in w/o Pylon power, and on island you will need Warp Prism.

Unless of course the "island" was something like Python's corners lol.