PDA

View Full Version : BroodWar on ICCup

Hammy
06-19-2009, 09:22 AM
Hey guys. If you're reading this it probably means you've already played Brood War... but are you still active? If you are, how about trying out ICCup? "Why not stick with Bnet?" you may ask? Well there are multiple advantages, but here are the most important:

-"lan latency" when you have the iccup launcher
-playing against people from all around the world without needing a different account on each server (and with low ping)
-a decent ranking system, and a ladder that goes into some very high ranks
-no hacking at all
-it's all super safe, you don't have to worry about stuff like getting your cd key stolen or anything. You don't even need one...

If you don't know what ICCup is or don't know how to get on there, here's a quick tutorial from their own site: Getting started on Iccup (http://www.iccup.com/starcraft/sc_start.html)

This thread is here to reference members who play on ICCup and to find potential players to spar or 2v2 with. Feel free to join the ICCup BroodWar players (http://sclegacy.com/forums/group.php?groupid=12) social group!

Here we go:

SCLegacy == ICCup == Rank == Interests

Hammy == HammaH == D+/C- == 1v1 practice
ChaosSmurf == Krazz == D- == 1v1 ladder/practice
SpaceDominator == Koiosis == ?? == ??
RuNei == n.jOy_RuNei == B- == 1v1 ladder or T for Z+T team
GGTemplar == UrajTemplar == ?? == ??
Sandwich_Bird == Pain_Doree == D+ == practice
PosImpos == Malleus == D- == 1v1 or 2v2 practice
Gradius == Gradius == D ==1v1 practice, team games
SlickR == SlickR == D- == 1v1 practice or 2v2 casual
Pandonetho == Pandonetho == D+ == 2v2
Warsaw == Warsaw == D == 1v1/2v2 practice
KDraconis == KDraconis == D == 1v1/2v2 casual
SuperKiller == SuperKiller[ == C == practice
trace wm == 9volt == D == 1v1 practice/casual
SoFool == Ak-SoFool == D == 1v1 practice/casual
Rakzo == Raekzo == D- == 1v1 practice/casual
Artanis186 == Artanis186 == D == 1v1 practice/2v2
REF == RefusedAmen == D/D+ == 1v1 practice
Syrilus == Syrilus == D == 1v1/2v2 practice
Protoswarrior == Xecutor == D == ?
pure.Wasted == pure.Wasted == D == 1v1 practice
Norfindel == fsr == D == 1v1/2v2 casual

Hammy
06-19-2009, 09:23 AM
Here's the info I need:

-Your ICCup nickname (or nicknames)
-Your approximate rank
-What you're looking for. Are you a 1v1 or 2v2 player? Do you want to keep on laddering or spar 20 times in a row against the same guy to practice a BO in melee mode? Etc...

If there are enough potential players we could also start running some small tournaments and stuff.
This thread is open to feedback of course, but please try to keep things on topic : )

ChaosSmurf
06-19-2009, 09:44 AM
ChaosSmurf == Krazz == D- == 1v1 ladder + practice

I had an account called ChaosSmurf but whatever I do I can't seem to be able to log in actually in game. Kinda frustrating.

Hammy
06-19-2009, 09:48 AM
ChaosSmurf == Krazz == D- == 1v1

I had an account called ChaosSmurf but whatever I do I can't seem to be able to log in actually in game. Kinda frustrating.
If you want to get that account back you might want to try contacting a superadmin on the site. They're actually quite helpful. And although by default your site password and server password are identical, they're handled seperately. So that might be the source of the problem.

Runei
06-20-2009, 01:09 AM
RuNei == n.jOy_RuNei == C == 1v1 ladder or gosu T 2v2 partner. (Z+T team)

Edit: Joined a new team. Hey is SC:L interested in having an iccup team represent them by chance?

sandwich_bird
06-20-2009, 12:11 PM
Sandwich_Bird == Pain_Doree == D+ == Practice only atm

Runei
06-21-2009, 05:36 AM
Good thread Hammy, bump. (see my edit for updated iccup name)

Hammy
06-21-2009, 06:32 AM
RuNei == n.jOy_RuNei == C == 1v1 ladder or gosu T 2v2 partner. (Z+T team)

Edit: Joined a new team. Hey is SC:L interested in having an iccup team represent them by chance?

Or perhaps we could create our own Iccup team? I thought I might do that anyways and see who's interested. I've already made a SCLegacy team, but the name can be modified if the admins want something else (SCL was already taken).
Feel free to join (i'll edit this into the op later):
http://www.iccup.com/starcraft/teams/8651.html

I can also delete this team if you have another suggestion of course. What is this team you joined? Do you think there will be good training opportunities and stuff? Specifically, are you talking about With Ease or the team they're considering a merge with?

With the SC2 beta comming up (and SC2 eventually), I'm sure I'm not the only person who wants to get in shape. So i'd love to get better at BW to have an edge at SC2. We should definitely spar some time if your interested RuNei, i'd love to learn a bit from a C ranked player.

PosImpos
06-21-2009, 01:25 PM
ICCUP: Malleus.
Interests: Practice, 1v1 or 2v2

Hammy
06-21-2009, 01:35 PM
Updated.
By the way feel free to add me as a friend on iccup if you ever want to play. I'm definitely looking for sparing partners, but I really don't mind playing D- players to help them improve.

ChaosSmurf
06-21-2009, 02:34 PM
Logging on now for a few games.

Gradius
06-21-2009, 02:56 PM

Hammy
06-21-2009, 03:12 PM
cool, if you log on now we can FFA with Krazz or something : )

SlickR
06-22-2009, 03:07 PM
SlickR == SlickR == D- == 1v1 casual; 2v2 fun

I don't play much now and as soon as i get to a better letter the season usually ends.
I'll join the team and maybe actually get it to D+ with my skills or just have fun pwning sclegacy members ahahha

Hammy
06-22-2009, 03:20 PM
Updated. Feel free to post in this thread when you log on and want to play some games.

Runei
06-23-2009, 01:06 AM
I play pretty much Tues Wed Thurs all day you can catch me on iccup pretty much. our team channel is op enjoyteam on iccup, we staff a bot there too. Fri Sat Sun Mon I work 10 hour overnights and get home around 7:00 AM Central and game for a few hours. Team We. and iGG) merged and we are now n.joy_ (Team Enjoy). We are getting a lot of good foreign players soon so it should be a good lineup.

Hammy
06-23-2009, 11:38 AM
Sounds good. I'll start playing most evenings as of tomorrow. I'll add you so we can play time. You'll probably crush me though ;), but who knows how ZvZs can turn out^^

Pandonetho
06-23-2009, 12:28 PM
Hm, add me to the list too I suppose.

My name is Pandonetho on iCCup and I only play 2v2s. D+ right now with my friend.

Warsaw
06-24-2009, 08:27 PM
Warsaw == D == 1v1 or 2v2 Practice/Fun

Hammy
06-25-2009, 02:39 PM
I'm on Iccup in chan "Legacy" if anyone feels like a few games : )

SpaceDominator
06-25-2009, 03:51 PM
I'll admit that I haven't been able to pop on as much as I'd like here in the last couple of weeks. Although that is admittedly part of the product of getting a new job and buying a new car. lol. Feel free to add Koiosis on ICCup(or contact me on AIM, if you're ever up for a game). I'd say I'm probably a D+/D player(closer to D)

Just to let you ICCup players know, in the next week or so I will be accepting signups for the BGN Invitational 9 which will be a nice opportunity to get some competitive games in. So.. keep that in mind as well.

Hammy
06-25-2009, 04:40 PM
Just added you : ) I should be available tomorrow evening and then as of monday (if I'm not too hyped up about the SC2 news ;))

KDraconis
06-26-2009, 08:51 AM
KDraconis == KDraconis == D == 1v1, 2v2 casual

Hammy
06-26-2009, 01:37 PM
KDraconis == KDraconis == D == 1v1, 2v2 casual
Added,
and logging on to iccup now if anyone's up for some games.

Runei
07-04-2009, 07:32 PM
Almost to B- on iccup now finally. I need a solid 2v2 partner though to bring my 2v2 rank up. I was B- 2v2 about 2 seasons ago, I play best with T partners. I can work with P but cannot do ZZ teams. I am Zerg user. Please message n.jOy_RuNei for more info.
http://www.iccup.com/gamingprofile/n.joy_runei.html

Hammy
07-05-2009, 05:46 AM
geez, you're good : )
Zerg is my main race but I'm learning T pretty quickly so maybe we could try that out. I'm most definitely not B- material though... Will you be at the BGN today? We could speak a bit then. I'll add you on iccup if I haven't done that yet.

SuperKiller
07-12-2009, 03:18 PM
I rarely seem to play anymore, but still manage to play about C level. Protoss player. I tend to only play when there's someone for me to play with, so just let me know if you wanna play sometime.

SuperKiller == SuperKiller[

Hammy
07-13-2009, 03:59 AM
I rarely seem to play anymore, but still manage to play about C level. Protoss player. I tend to only play when there's someone for me to play with, so just let me know if you wanna play sometime.

SuperKiller == SuperKiller[

Updated ;)
Sure, sounds good. I'll update this thread whenever I'm up for some training, but the same goes for anyone who wants to play a few games against some equally skilled players. Just post something in this thread saying that your logging on and someone might contact you ;)

trace wm
07-21-2009, 09:36 PM
trace wm === 9volt === D === 1v1 practice or FFA or whatever

I"m D because I've never played a real game on ICCup, all my friends play b.net only.

I have no idea how good I am.

Hammy
07-23-2009, 02:55 AM
You should definitely try Iccup out, even with your friends. It take about a second to get it running on your BW version, and once you've tried lan latency there's no going back ;). You'll find a whole new meaning to marine dancing and muta harassement^^

SoFool
07-26-2009, 07:23 AM
SoFool == Ak-SoFool == D == 1v1 practice/casual

Rakzo
07-26-2009, 07:32 AM
iCCup nick: Raekzo Rank: the lowest =P Interests: Practice/casual play

Hammerhead
08-14-2009, 03:49 PM
I just finished setting up my Iccup account, but when I tried to play I got banned by someone because I hadn't dled "anti map-hack"

well, I dled it, but for some reason it says its not active on my account. Can someone help me?

Hammy
08-15-2009, 04:21 AM
You have to lauch Starcraft by using the ICCup launcher and both anti-hack and lan-latency will be activated automatically.

Hammy
08-18-2009, 03:14 PM
I'm on ICCup if anyone want a game or two... I'm HammaH, and I'm idling in chan "Legacy" right now.

Alzarath
08-20-2009, 02:30 PM
Artanis186 == Artanis186 == D == 2v2

Hammy
08-20-2009, 05:57 PM
Artanis186 == Artanis186 == D == 2v2
Updated

Again, if anyone feels like gaming with people from SCL, please feel free to post in this thread that you'll be online and looking forward to a few games. If I'm available I'll be glad to log on.

Alzarath
08-21-2009, 06:04 AM
Oh, also add for me 1v1 practice. :)

REF
08-28-2009, 02:17 PM
REF: RefusedAmen : D/D+ /: 1v1

Alzarath
09-02-2009, 09:51 AM
I'm sorry for bugging you, but I'm 1v1 practice/2v2. I suck ass at 1v1 and haven't won a single game. D: Not enough skills, Need more practices. :(

Hammy
09-02-2009, 11:00 AM
Sure no prob : ) I put you down as 1v1/2v2 practice assuming you'd be looking for games in general in both but you're right that it makes sense to want "practice" for 1v1 and "ladder" for 2v2 : )

sandwich_bird
09-02-2009, 11:47 AM
hey I'm looking for a group of people to do dayly short (1h to max 2 maybe?) practice sessions. Anyone interested? So basicly I'd need people who play different races from each other and are at similar levels to all gather in the same chanel at around the same time and just practice in obs mode. Any beginners could that way watch the more "advanced" players and try to pick some stuff up.

I'm T so right now I'd need a z and a p to start planning but any other T can join too.

Hammy
09-02-2009, 02:19 PM
Sounds great. I'm in. Care to pick a time and update that here or something? I'm in a GMT+1 time zone and will be available a few evenings every week for now : ).
I'm Z/T btw, but I don't mind playing P at an utter newbie level (it's all practice for SC2 anyways ;))

Again, don't hesitate to add fellow SCLers to your friend's list on ICCup.

Also, feel free to bump this thread at any time if you're logging on to ICCup and are looking for a few games with a friendly face : )

sandwich_bird
09-02-2009, 08:11 PM
Sounds great. I'm in. Care to pick a time and update that here or something? I'm in a GMT+1 time zone and will be available a few evenings every week for now : ).
I'm Z/T btw, but I don't mind playing P at an utter newbie level (it's all practice for SC2 anyways ;))
Cool! I'm normal GMT and I can usually play between 5 and 10 pm during the week and 1 to 5 pm during weekend. We'll wait to get more before starting it up.

KDraconis
09-02-2009, 09:26 PM
I'm in as well. Need to get better, considering I seem to be sucking lately.
I'm GMT-5. Not sure when exactly I might be able to come on.

Hammy
09-05-2009, 09:15 AM
Just a quick bump to say that ICCup is back up! Season 10 baby ;)
I'm logging on to get my ass kicked a few times :p

sandwich_bird
09-05-2009, 10:13 AM
I'm in as well. Need to get better, considering I seem to be sucking lately.
I'm GMT-5. Not sure when exactly I might be able to come on.You're Z too I guess?

What kind of APM do you both have?

Just a quick bump to say that ICCup is back up! Season 10 baby
I'm logging on to get my ass kicked a few times Yeah I'm gonna wait a bit before playing against random people :p

Hammy
09-05-2009, 10:23 AM
Hey how about a few games Sandwich? I'll be in chan "Legacy" : )

sandwich_bird
09-05-2009, 11:03 AM
ok I guess I can try it out. You're gonna probably destroy me though lol.

Hammy
09-05-2009, 11:20 AM
Looks like we missed each other. I was gone for about 20mn. I added you to my /f list though (Pain_Doree).

SuperKiller
09-05-2009, 01:17 PM
i wanna pway :(

sandwich_bird
09-05-2009, 01:52 PM
Looks like we missed each other. I was gone for about 20mn. I added you to my /f list though (Pain_Doree).ok, I'll add you as well. Maybe later if you're on we'll be able to play.

sandwich_bird
09-10-2009, 03:49 PM
ok so soon I'm thinking about starting those practice sessions that I talked about. If you guys are still interested, tell when you can play.

Hammy
09-10-2009, 04:55 PM
My schedule depends on my studies so I can't say what days I can play specifically. If I can play, it's during evenings (week days) or in the middle of the afternoon (weekends). This is GMT+1.

Syrilus
09-25-2009, 08:55 AM
Anyone wants to play right now on ICCup server?

My name is Syrilus and I'm happy to prevail, sometimes :)

Syrilus == Syrilus == D == 1v1 or 2n2 pwnage, i don't care

add me to the list please :)

nice day everyone!

protoswarrior
09-28-2009, 02:31 PM
i wanna pway :(
ME 3!!:(

ICCUP id: Xecutor
ICCUP Level: D
BNET US EAST: protoswarrior, Xecutor, XecGoon, Praetor_X
SC & BW : Originals

pure.Wasted
10-25-2009, 04:35 PM
pure.Wasted -- pure.Wasted -- D -- 1v1 practice

Hammy
12-19-2009, 04:56 AM
hey guys, who's up for a few games right now? Add "HammaH" on iccup ;)

Norfindel
12-20-2009, 09:04 AM
Norfindel == fsr == D (almost never play anyways) == 1v1, 2v2. Playing for fun, i suppose :)

How does this works, anyways, i add everyone as friend? How do the games gets organized? How do i know when someone is available to play?

Hammy
12-21-2009, 03:01 AM
This is mostly to show people who's around on Iccup. You can add anyone you want (or everyone) to your friend list and if you feel like playing some SC you can post in this thread that you're logging on.
That way, while you're playing with random people on iccup, a friendly face might log on for a few games.

SpaceDominator
12-21-2009, 01:11 PM
To all of our ICCup folk, this upcoming Sunday(the 27th) @ 2:00 PM EST in the channel op BGN will be my newly found yearly BGN celebration for SC. Expect some gg's, some fun and a lot of reminiscing. Hope you can join us on ICCUP!

Norfindel
12-21-2009, 02:33 PM
What does the "op" means?

Hammy
12-21-2009, 04:56 PM
I should be there Spacedominator!

SpaceDominator
12-21-2009, 07:18 PM
What does the "op" means?

It was used on B.Net for "clan" channels, representing operator. The idea was that your channel operator would be essentially a mod.

SuperKiller
12-22-2009, 12:00 AM
"clan" channels were taken by war3, and sc ended up with "op"

Norfindel
12-22-2009, 07:47 AM
Oh, thanks for the explanation.

About the time of the BNG event: EST is GMT-4, right? (i hate that new abbreviations). That means it's at 6 pm GMT! Here, i want to mention this thread, with another event starting at 7/8pm GMT. It's going to be an interesting SC day, it seems :)

The other event's thread is here: http://sclegacy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2040

SpaceDominator
12-23-2009, 01:06 AM
Argentina is 2 hours ahead of EST, which would mean the 2:30 PM EST event would start at 4:30 PM in Argentina.

Norfindel
12-23-2009, 01:50 PM
Argentina is 2 hours ahead of EST, which would mean the 2:30 PM EST event would start at 4:30 PM in Argentina.
I thinked the event starts 2:00 PM EST :confused:. Thanks for the clarification.

However, we're at currently at GMT-3.The stupid politicians where stupid enough as to cancel the dailight savings time at the last moment, and fuck everything up again. Anyways, it made no sense, we already have a lot of sunlight hours, and the people to the west were still getting sunlight at 11pm+ (horrible).

So, it would start around 3 or 3:30pm here in Arg.

I forgot to link the other thread with the other event: http://sclegacy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2040

SpaceDominator
12-23-2009, 05:22 PM
I thinked the event starts 2:00 PM EST :confused:. Thanks for the clarification.

However, we're at currently at GMT-3.The stupid politicians where stupid enough as to cancel the dailight savings time at the last moment, and fuck everything up again. Anyways, it made no sense, we already have a lot of sunlight hours, and the people to the west were still getting sunlight at 11pm+ (horrible).

So, it would start around 3 or 3:30pm here in Arg.

I forgot to link the other thread with the other event: http://sclegacy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2040

To be honest, that's just a starting time(if people are on earlier we start earlier). It's more or less just a laid back gaming night. I'll need to check out your other little shinding thing.

Hammy
12-24-2009, 05:35 AM
I'll be on iccup for an hour or so! If anyone wants a few games... => HammaH

Hammy
12-24-2009, 06:14 AM
Damn, since I'm back in Tunis for the holidays I didn't even realize today is the 24th (we don't really do Xmas here)^^ I guess people are spending time with their families :)

Norfindel
12-27-2009, 01:32 PM
To all of our ICCup folk, this upcoming Sunday(the 27th) @ 2:00 PM EST in the channel op BGN will be my newly found yearly BGN celebration for SC. Expect some gg's, some fun and a lot of reminiscing. Hope you can join us on ICCUP!
People, this is going on right now, isn't it? Please, join! :)

I'm doing something wrong, or there isn't anyone there? -_-;

Hammy
12-27-2009, 02:43 PM
Yes it is!
Anyone who's up for some end-of-the-year BW (to finish the year nicely), please join us in channel "op BGN" on the iccup servers! You can add "koiosis" (spacedominator on the forums) if you're a bit lost ;)

I'm sure the staff is up for a few games! Come on Gradius and Sandwich_Bird! I know you play on iccup since we've already played there ;). And I'm sure there was a age or time when LoA also played BW haha xD

Pandonetho
12-27-2009, 04:24 PM
What day is it going to be on? If it's on iCCup I'm in (or will try my best to be there).

The_Blade
12-28-2009, 09:46 PM
REDO plz

SpaceDominator
12-29-2009, 10:53 AM
Could always pop on New Years Eve/New Years Day. ;)

I probably will be on Wed Night. Could always do another Sun Afternoon event as well..

Twas a quite a bit of fun Sun even though my SC is so, so out of shape.

Albuterol
01-05-2010, 02:22 AM
You play on iccup by the way now space?

secondeye
01-23-2010, 01:42 PM
I usually fainted. not good at all.

GnaReffotsirk
01-26-2010, 10:59 AM
SC:L == GnaReffotsirk
ICCUP == GnaReffotsirk
Rank == D-

I usually play 1v1. You can find me over on Iccup almost everyday on different times. Usually 12mn, 5am, 10pm, 3am (GMT +8)

Uses Zerg and I host games mostly.

My games are named SCL Practice or SCL Ladder, but mostly Ladder D- me Z [mapname].

for example Ladder D- me Z FS <--- fighting spirit.

or try Practice D- me Z [map name]. With "practice" it's a free for all game, so no ladder scoring. Just some good fun.

I'm always looking forward to playing broodwar with you guys.

SinsWage
02-18-2010, 03:05 PM
SinsWage is my IcCup account name also. I'm a D-- and looking to improve.