PDA

View Full Version : Beta Social Group

Gifted
06-19-2009, 04:30 AM
I'm creating a group now in preparation of Beta whenever it comes out, read the details and whatnot, join if you want to contribute. Thanks

http://sclegacy.com/forums/group.php?groupid=11

LordofAscension
06-19-2009, 11:13 AM
This is a good idea - we're also thinking of doing something a bit more official for members of our site that are beta testers as well :D

~LoA

Gifted
06-19-2009, 11:48 AM
Let me know what I can do to help.

Gifted
06-19-2009, 12:21 PM
Elaborating: The reason for my Beta group is specifically people outside of the beta asking questions I (or others) can answer by actually testing/playing the ideas in question. I'm not an unbelievable player of starcraft but I get my wins. I'd be willing to try anything the crew can fancy out of their mind. Think of it as a sort of reality "choose your adventure" show. I would be willing to upload HQ SC2 movies as well if enough people signed up. 10+

Rizhall
06-19-2009, 02:31 PM
So I don't have to have the beta to join, right?
I am so joining~

Gifted
06-19-2009, 06:15 PM
You can join, yes, AND you can even give me tasks/suggestions of things to test or questions to ask. Just because you don't have a beta key doesn't mean you can't be involved in some way. Maybe I can be a proxy of sorts.

If I get some video technology on my computer with the understanding that my skill is NOT awesome or braggable... I would be willing to post videos of my games that are interesting, no matter how much I suck/lose on them. Hell, if a zerg does a solid 6 pool rush on me I'd be willing to post it so people can theorycraft the timing.

Rizhall
06-19-2009, 10:04 PM
You can join, yes, AND you can even give me tasks/suggestions of things to test or questions to ask. Just because you don't have a beta key doesn't mean you can't be involved in some way. Maybe I can be a proxy of sorts.

If I get some video technology on my computer with the understanding that my skill is NOT awesome or braggable... I would be willing to post videos of my games that are interesting, no matter how much I suck/lose on them. Hell, if a zerg does a solid 6 pool rush on me I'd be willing to post it so people can theorycraft the timing.

That's totally alright. More than anything, I like to look at the game under a microscope and observe every detail, from building animation, to the landscape.
And since apparently you're not "pro", the screen camera should be stable enough for me to do that. =D

Noise
06-20-2009, 05:25 AM
Cool idea man, I'll join and probably give suggestions.

Paxel
06-20-2009, 09:22 AM
Good idea. Thought at first it were for beta players only.

Gifted
06-20-2009, 09:51 AM
Ironic... cause at core my intent is to help those without beta.

Gifted
06-20-2009, 11:51 AM
First week requests are open now (Just in case Beta is next week) LINK: http://sclegacy.com/forums/group.php?do=discuss&group=&discussionid=37

For those who are without beta, join the group and place suggestions in there for the first week of work, there is a limit of 4 suggestions (Per person) right now for the first week. For those with Beta, if you want to help out by taking a request a week with me, please sign up and state that you have Beta yourself.

I think this can be a great project and might assist with SClegacy's eventual plan.