PDA

View Full Version : Who's participating in the beta?

Blazur
06-18-2009, 12:55 PM
Just a simple thread for people to brag about participation in the beta. Feel free to post here if you've already got a key, and explain how you got it.

I have a very strong feeling we'll be seeing the beta next week :)

PsiWarp
06-18-2009, 01:01 PM
Obvious Predication is Obvious :O

Seriously, it would be badass cool to spend the summer having fun with Starcraft 2, if Blizzard so choose.

-Psi

Blazur
06-18-2009, 01:04 PM
Obvious Predication is Obvious :O

Seriously, it would be badass cool to spend the summer having fun with Starcraft 2, if Blizzard so choose.

-Psi

You didn't answer my question. Will you be spending your Summer having fun with SC2?

PsiWarp
06-18-2009, 01:05 PM
Obviously Not D:

Until I get that Beta Key via email, I shall pray silently.

-Psi

Wankey
06-18-2009, 01:11 PM
I will be... spiritually.

My physical body will be glued to HD youtube videos and commentary.

Pick
06-18-2009, 01:17 PM
I will be... spiritually.

My physical body will be glued to HD youtube videos and commentary.

Same here.

No key for me, but I am very thankful to the guys who will be providing HQ YouTube videos. Will be like having a new Battle Report every day.

Blazur
06-18-2009, 01:22 PM
Same here.

No key for me, but I am very thankful to the guys who will be providing HQ YouTube videos. Will be like having a new Battle Report every day.

Likewise for me.

ChaosSmurf
06-18-2009, 01:56 PM
Sup guys I have a beta key.

Zabimaru
06-18-2009, 01:56 PM
I didn’t enter any of the Bata key competitions as I’ll be too busy this summer- it takes time becoming a guitar God.
But when it comes out... I’ll put a little bit of time aside. ;P

spychi
06-18-2009, 02:11 PM
I am 100% sure that i will get at least one beta key

Aldrius
06-18-2009, 02:32 PM
I'm hoping I get one from the opt-ins...

I've gotten into three Blizzard beta-related things in the past simply from that, so I think my chances are somewhat high.

With all the waves at least.

LordofAscension
06-18-2009, 02:47 PM
I'm in the beta :p

I suggest you guys continue to work at our contests! You don't have anything to lose :D

~LoA

Zero
06-18-2009, 03:08 PM
I'm in too. :D

Aldrius
06-18-2009, 03:14 PM
You... you... attention hogs!! ;_;

I didn't even know about that last contest.

I guess that's my punishment for still coming straight to the forum...

ArcherofAiur
06-18-2009, 03:17 PM

I suggest you guys continue to work at our contests! You don't have anything to lose

...except a beta contest

Aldrius
06-18-2009, 03:19 PM
...except a beta contest

Well you're guaranteed to lose if you don't participate at all. :P

Triceron
06-18-2009, 03:29 PM
I think we'll all be playing SC2 beta.

Even the Confederacy couldn't stop the pirates.

Zabimaru
06-18-2009, 03:29 PM
Well you're guaranteed to lose if you don't participate at all. :P

You can’t lose if you never done it in the first place! What you suggest is madness!

ArcherofAiur
06-18-2009, 03:32 PM
You can’t lose if you never done it in the first place! What you suggest is madness!

Zab has a very good point. You cant lose if you dont enter the contest.

You hear that guys? What ever you do DO NOT ENTER THE CONTEST! You might lose!

Gradius
06-18-2009, 04:11 PM
I think we'll all be playing SC2 beta.

Even the Confederacy couldn't stop the pirates.
In reality, it probably won't be cracked before the beta period is over, or at least, until the very end. ;)

Hammy
06-18-2009, 04:22 PM
In reality, it probably won't be cracked before the beta period is over, or at least, until the very end. ;)

It isn't cool to shatter so many peoples hopes... ^^

MaybeNextTime
06-18-2009, 04:24 PM
I'm in but I'm still trying to win some key(s) for my friends so that they can share. :)

PosImpos
06-18-2009, 04:38 PM
I'm not in [yet] but I'm going to enter the Editorial and Fan-Fiction contests in an effort to get a key.

ArcherofAiur
06-18-2009, 04:39 PM
How did you get in Maybe?

SaharaDrac
06-18-2009, 04:45 PM
How about instead of bragging, OP makes a contact list of everyones Bnet names so we can get together and play?

I am in the beta; my name is SaharaDrac.

Hamshank
06-18-2009, 04:56 PM
I'm still hoping for that contest on april fools.

Hamshank (Zergums)

Triceron
06-18-2009, 05:35 PM

Considering how long Blizz betas usually last, even the very end will be plenty of time.

ChaosSmurf
06-18-2009, 05:39 PM
Um, a cracked beta client isn't going to do much for you, you'll still need a key to do anything with it.

Rizhall
06-18-2009, 05:53 PM
I entered just the trivia question, but I am about 80% sure I got them all right.
Or 100% sure I got 80% of them right? =P
Otherwise, youtube it is.
And maybe GomTV if they host beta videos also. That would be great.

Hammy
06-18-2009, 06:06 PM
I entered just the trivia question, but I am about 80% sure I got them all right.
Or 100% sure I got 80% of them right? =P
Otherwise, youtube it is.
And maybe GomTV if they host beta videos also. That would be great.

Ermm... don't know how to break this to you but... The results are out. (http://sclegacy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=451)

Though seriously, there are plenty of fansites that are hosting beta key contests. Often times it's really easy to apply, and some sites are actually just hosting simple lotteries. You should definitely try to apply wherever you can to increase your chances.

Gifted
06-18-2009, 07:18 PM
I am in Beta. I was the guild leader of one of the oldest guilds in World of Warcraft. One of the friends of us went to blizzcon and knew about how much I felt for SC and gave me his Blizzcon key free of charge. I'm working to get another key for my wife who sits a few feet to my right.

I'll most likely be on under the handle "Gifted" and plan to make a clan specifically to take a majority of my friends from "Noob" to "Beginner" status as many of them don't know much about Starcraft. I have family who works at Blizzard-Activision so I bet I would eventually have gotten one... *shrugs* we'll see how that pans out as my 4 year old son is on the list to playtest for them.

sandwich_bird
06-18-2009, 08:08 PM

I suggest you guys continue to work at our contests! You don't have anything to lose :D

~LoAExcept time. But then again I am wasting my time on this forum atm...

Noise
06-18-2009, 08:17 PM
No I'm not in beta. I do not have appreciable cooking or Where's Wally skills. I can't help but have a small amount of resentment for all these people that are going to be playing the sequel to the game that I have obsessed over for 11 years months before I do. But I will get to play it a little bit at MrJack's house.

RainbowToeSocks
06-18-2009, 08:20 PM
Oh I will be, cause you know. Im amazing and will win every contest... even the secret ones that no one know about

spychi
06-18-2009, 11:29 PM
Um, a cracked beta client isn't going to do much for you, you'll still need a key to do anything with it.

*cough*local servers vs comps *cough*
you guys would be surpised about the speed of pirates
no security will safe the closed beta

Nottoway
06-18-2009, 11:46 PM

When do people learn...?

You don't need a beta key for a cracked version of the game. The cracked versions usually run off their own servers, as well, so the need for any form of anti-piracy coding is stripped from the game. WC3:Frozen Throne cracked beta required no beta key, nothing. And they even updated the beta server with EVERY single update that blizz released during the course of the beta.

P.S. I will be in the SC2 beta.

Gifted
06-19-2009, 04:31 AM
A little side note about what I mentioned earlier: http://sclegacy.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7634#post7634

MaybeNextTime
06-19-2009, 04:40 AM
How did you get in Maybe?

I've been a staff member at GameReplays for over two years. :)

ChaosSmurf
06-19-2009, 05:39 AM
Because if they cracked a beta 6 years ago when piracy wasn't nearly as prevalent, they'll be able to do it now, right?!

*cough*local servers vs comps *cough*
erm, I very much doubt there will be an AI component to the beta. It's possible, but unlikely.

spychi
06-19-2009, 07:55 AM
erm, I very much doubt there will be an AI component to the beta. It's possible, but unlikely.

It's a certainty
In Dawn of War 2 beta I could vs comps, give me a one reason why they wouldn't do it?...

Gifted
06-19-2009, 08:58 AM
because Dawn of War is an individual package where Starcraft 2 is a server client game, even in single player. You need to authenticate your game with battle.net's closed server to even play a single player.

Sure, it can be cracked, but it's not as simple as copy protection bypassing. It's going to be fake server response in theory. Just saying it's going to be harder.... therefore more time.

ChaosSmurf
06-19-2009, 09:14 AM
It's a certainty
In Dawn of War 2 beta I could vs comps, give me a one reason why they wouldn't do it?...

Because Dawn of War 2's beta wasn't a beta, it was just a demo. It had already gone gold just after the beta started. The AI won't be fully developed yet. DoW2 is the exception, not the rule. I can't think of any other betas that have had AI. Even if we did get AI it would be rudimentary at best.

mgcemir
06-19-2009, 09:51 AM
i got miself a wwi08 card and a key. thing is i got really old computer so if i cant run sc2 ill prolly give the key away and play just retail when it comes out(ill buy new pc by then).

peace :)

Aldrius
06-19-2009, 03:31 PM
Because Dawn of War 2's beta wasn't a beta, it was just a demo. It had already gone gold just after the beta started. The AI won't be fully developed yet. DoW2 is the exception, not the rule. I can't think of any other betas that have had AI. Even if we did get AI it would be rudimentary at best.

Hasn't the AI been in every demo of the game thus far...? At Blizzcon, WWI, etc?

Bisso
06-19-2009, 05:38 PM
Hasn't the AI been in every demo of the game thus far...? At Blizzcon, WWI, etc?

Probably, the point the other stated is far from being based on real facts. AI programers are AI programers. They don't wait for the beta to start working... The AI is probably near completion if not yet done.

edit: Though, that doesn't mean they will include any AI support in beta, at least, at start (since they need to test this also). To encourage players to play against other player and see what is balanced and what's not. Also, a AI is driven by the host, they might want to look for stability with multiplayer etc... We will have to wait and see

Zigurd
06-19-2009, 06:01 PM
I am 100% sure I am not going to. I know because LoA hinted it to me once I failed to put out when he bought me dinner all those years ago.

Nottoway
06-19-2009, 06:36 PM
Because if they cracked a beta 6 years ago when piracy wasn't nearly as prevalent, they'll be able to do it now, right?!

Yeah, because people who hack have totally been doing nothing for the past 6 years. I'm 100% sure their hacking skills are no match for the piracy coding implemented into SC2 beta. [/sarcasm]

Blazur
06-19-2009, 07:00 PM
I'll bet money SC2 beta will be hacked in no longer than a month after release.

Nottoway
06-19-2009, 07:14 PM
I'll bet money SC2 beta will be hacked in no longer than a month after release.

I say 2 weeks... 3 at max. WC3:TFT was cracked within days I think.

EDIT: In honesty, I hope it does get cracked. Even though I already have a key, I think everyone should be able to enjoy the beta in some form or fashion. If pirated servers and a cracked version of the beta is what it takes, so be it. At least everyone can be happy.

Gifted
06-19-2009, 07:26 PM
I say 2 weeks... 3 at max. WC3:TFT was cracked within days I think.

EDIT: In honesty, I hope it does get cracked. Even though I already have a key, I think everyone should be able to enjoy the beta in some form or fashion. If pirated servers and a cracked version of the beta is what it takes, so be it. At least everyone can be happy.

I think it will be longer than average due to the server nature of b.net 2.0. I'll throw money in the 5 week pot.