PDA

View Full Version : Obelisk Update from Karune

DemolitionSquid
06-11-2009, 02:50 PM
Karune

The Obelisk is the new name for the Dark Pylon, and the Dark Shrine is the new name for the Dark Obelisk. The Obelisk still has the probe buff, but now also acts as a shield generator, and still has Argus link to transfer energy as well. The cloak ability has been removed from the Obelisk. The Dark Shrine remains the same in function, allowing the production of Dark Templars.

I still phucking LOTHE Proton Charge.

Perfecttear
06-11-2009, 02:58 PM
Nice find DemolitionSquid .

Zabimaru
06-11-2009, 03:10 PM
Hmm... I still don’t like having to build a building just for DT’s, I always liked the templar together... but we’ll see how that plays out. I wonder how proton charge is fairing in their tests...

Aldrius
06-11-2009, 03:13 PM
Hmm... I still don’t like having to build a building just for DT’s, I always liked the templar together... but we’ll see how that plays out. I wonder how proton charge is fairing in their tests...

Maybe, but it's impossibly unfair having both at the same building.

At least for such high profile units that have such different counters. I guess Colossus and Warp Prism have the same requirement now, but eh... they're more alike than the Dark Templar/High Templar.

Nicol Bolas
06-11-2009, 03:50 PM
I guess Colossus and Warp Prism have the same requirement now

Huh? The Prism just needs a Robotics Facility, like the Shuttle before it. The only change in that part of the tree was moving the Observer up to the Robo Facility.

Tritanis
06-11-2009, 04:16 PM
Dark Shrine should have ability to cloak nearby units/buildings. It would have some uses at least...

areese87
06-11-2009, 04:17 PM
Proton charge doesn't seem to be my cup of tea, though the other two abilities I definitely approve of.

"Loathe" is the spelling, btw.

MattII
06-11-2009, 04:33 PM
I still phucking LOTHE Proton Charge.

Same here, it's just plain unimaginative. As for the rest of it, meh, nothing real interesting, Shield Rechange is better than the cloaking thing was, but that's it. One complaint I do have is the Dark Obelisk/Shrine I mean come on it's utterly junk, even the Null Circuit has upgrades.

Aldrius
06-11-2009, 05:07 PM
As for the rest of it, meh, nothing real interesting, Shield Rechange is better than the cloaking thing was, but that's it.

You're entitled to your opinion... but...

Like hell it is!

Huh? The Prism just needs a Robotics Facility, like the Shuttle before it. The only change in that part of the tree was moving the Observer up to the Robo Facility.

I heard they moved the Prism up a tier, I forget where I heard that, though...

DemolitionSquid
06-11-2009, 06:12 PM

I know, I was angry.

Hulk smash!

Norfindel
06-11-2009, 08:53 PM
Maybe, but it's impossibly unfair having both at the same building.

At least for such high profile units that have such different counters. I guess Colossus and Warp Prism have the same requirement now, but eh... they're more alike than the Dark Templar/High Templar.
The bad thing about that, is that the Dark Shrine must be specifically built to get the Dark Templars.
Given the choice between Dark Templar or High Templar, i think most people will go with the HT, unless trying to DT rush before the enemy gets (enough) detection.
If the building is cheap, it wouldn't be an issue.

Aldrius
06-11-2009, 09:10 PM
The bad thing about that, is that the Dark Shrine must be specifically built to get the Dark Templars.
Given the choice between Dark Templar or High Templar, i think most people will go with the HT, unless trying to DT rush before the enemy gets (enough) detection.
If the building is cheap, it wouldn't be an issue.

Well. Keep in mind it IS a whole new game, and that Dark Templars and High Templars both got buffed (less detection, better stats for DT and the High Templar got a usable spell... hopefully) and letting someone scout a clear Dark Templar rush is a good thing I think.

Noise
06-11-2009, 09:42 PM
I too, LOATH proton charge. This shield generator instead of cloaking barely makes a different and the inherent problem with proton charge remains and keeps me up at night.

horror
06-12-2009, 01:15 AM
Proton charge doesn't seem to be my cup of tea, though the other two abilities I definitely approve of.

he spelt it "phuck" as well. what's wrong with the sc community at the moment...

Zabimaru
06-12-2009, 02:09 AM
he spelt it "phuck" as well. what's wrong with the sc community at the moment...

It’s all this rage. Bad for the spelling. ;)

Norfindel
06-12-2009, 08:31 PM
Well. Keep in mind it IS a whole new game, and that Dark Templars and High Templars both got buffed (less detection, better stats for DT and the High Templar got a usable spell... hopefully) and letting someone scout a clear Dark Templar rush is a good thing I think.
Just the Zerg got their detection made more "standard" instead of being everywhere. Protoss has detection earlier, Zerg later (obviously), and Terran... i'm not sure. DT has +5 attack now.