PDA

View Full Version : Nice change to the header.

n00bonicPlague
05-01-2010, 06:09 PM
But the forum "tree" in the upper left needs a better background so you can actually read the words.

Sarov
05-01-2010, 06:23 PM
I thought I was the only one who noticed that. At first I thought it was some glitch or something. But I really, really like it. Much different from all the other sites I've seen and it looks very cool. Kudos to my fellow staff members/whoever is responsible for this awesome change!

DemolitionSquid
05-01-2010, 06:26 PM
They changed something?

Sarov
05-01-2010, 06:32 PM
They changed something?

*points to the top of the page* Do you not notice that? Or are you just being sarcastic again?

n00bonicPlague
05-01-2010, 06:33 PM
The header explodedededed.

*points to the top of the page* Do you not notice that? Or are you just being sarcastic again?
HMM WHICH DO YOU THINK???

Sarov
05-01-2010, 06:36 PM
The header explodedededed.

HMM WHICH DO YOU THINK???

Hey. It's not my fault that I take everything serious because I am a very serious person most of the time. That and some of the things he's said to me are very rude and I do not take them as 'poking fun' or 'joking'. So I believe he says that so he can be rude without getting into trouble.

Perfecttear
05-01-2010, 06:40 PM
I like the change. And i also think they should replace all the black outside the actual posts area ( the black at the left , right and the bottom of the screen) with something more sexy :)

DemolitionSquid
05-01-2010, 06:52 PM
Everything I type is a lie.
In fact, I'm lying right now.

Sarov
05-01-2010, 06:57 PM
Everything I type is a lie.

Which just proves that a lot of those things you've said you might have actually meant. Which doesn't surprise me at all since I experience racism every day. And yes, I mean literally every day.

n00bonicPlague
05-01-2010, 07:02 PM
I like the change. And i also think they should replace all the black outside the actual posts area ( the black at the left , right and the bottom of the screen) with something more sexy :)
I don't think we have any nudes of LoA and Gradius lying around . . .

. . . do we?

DemolitionSquid
05-01-2010, 07:28 PM
I don't think we have any nudes of LoA and Gradius lying around . . .

. . . do we?

She said sexy, not traumatizing.

Arkalis
05-01-2010, 08:17 PM
This is the most nicesest header ever contrived

Norfindel
05-01-2010, 09:21 PM
It's nice. There could be less or no empty space between the bars on the top (User CP, community, etc), however.

screw_ball69
05-01-2010, 09:49 PM
it is indeed quite nice, thought my internet was going glitchy for a moment.

Maul
05-02-2010, 12:47 AM
Looks great but I don't like how the content area of a post is a very dark grey while the signature fields are black.

Islandsnake
05-02-2010, 01:16 AM
Looks great but I don't like how the content area of a post is a very dark grey while the signature fields are black.

Oh wow I don't like the sig area either

Visions of Khas
05-02-2010, 05:38 PM
I experience racism every day.
People are assholes.

Oh shut up, I forget how that logical progression thing goes, even though it appears so often...

On-topic, I like that you've expanded Tassadar, but some changes are still needed. For example, I can barely read that damned header.

EDIT Looking at the picture I just posted, it's even more hilarious from a design point of view. You can't read "Nice change to the header" at all.

LordofAscension
05-02-2010, 06:57 PM
People are assholes.

Oh shut up, I forget how that logical progression thing goes, even though it appears so often...

On-topic, I like that you've expanded Tassadar, but some changes are still needed. For example, I can barely read that damned header.

EDIT Looking at the picture I just posted, it's even more hilarious from a design point of view. You can't read "Nice change to the header" at all.

Looks fine on my wide-screen monitor. The sides are black then so it shows up quite nicely. However if we were to change it to black then I wouldn't be able to read it - we're going to have to find a happy medium. :)

~LoA

GRUNT
05-02-2010, 07:04 PM
I thought it was a glitch too, at first :p. But aside from the aforementioned issue of the new header making some stuff difficult to read, I really like it! ^________^

Visions of Khas
05-02-2010, 07:09 PM
Hm, after expanding the window it appears better. I typically work with multiple windows, so they're aren't all at maximum size. Thanks for the consideration.

Arkalis
05-02-2010, 07:41 PM
IDK if anyone has noticed but the Footer also changed. Below the SCL Logo there is a blurred picture of something Protoss. Or has it been like that since before?

Sarov
05-02-2010, 07:43 PM
No. I think that's new.

It doesn't mesh well with the site. :/

LordofAscension
05-02-2010, 08:33 PM
Yeah lol - that is new. It's from unused concept art. We really should use that for something. But I agree - it doesn't fit with the site super well. We'll look into something else for that.

~LoA

n00bonicPlague
05-02-2010, 08:57 PM
Looks fine on my wide-screen monitor. The sides are black then so it shows up quite nicely. However if we were to change it to black then I wouldn't be able to read it - we're going to have to find a happy medium. :)

~LoA
Just put it in a little box with a semi-transparent black background. That would provide some contrast for those of us not worthy of your widescreenishnessocitisms, and you could still read it because semi-transparent black over solid black would equal black.

HAPPY MEDIUM HAZ BIN FOWND!!!

ArcherofAiur
05-03-2010, 07:26 PM
can we put a box around the forum links.

They are the exact same color as the picture.

Great picture btw.

Visions of Khas
05-03-2010, 07:34 PM
LoA - Where can we find a complete view of that concept art?

don
05-04-2010, 01:47 AM
can we put a box around the forum links.

They are the exact same color as the picture.

Great picture btw.

Or we could try to change it to white.. the ">" are pretty visible..

n00bonicPlague
05-04-2010, 11:19 AM
The problem is that on different screens with different resolutions the text overlaps in different places on the image. On this computer it falls into the white and is hard to see, but on my other computer it falls into the black and is easy to see. It needs to have its own little box with a flat background color.

Maul
05-04-2010, 01:31 PM
The black background on the signature got fixed, mostly, but there's still a few artifacts that remain with black lines. One being the signature divider that has a black line of pixels above and below, also the white fades to black and not the new dark grey. Also the space to the left of the signature area is black and there's a line below the signature that is also black about 1 or 2 pixels high.

Sarov
05-05-2010, 10:19 PM
You know, I just realized that Tassadar, as that is who I presume it is because of the the markings and the background as well as the overwhelming similarity to LoA's avatar, looks... well, very pissed off. :p

Visions of Khas
05-05-2010, 10:26 PM
Yeah, that's Tassadar, from the cinematic First Contact. He's about to unleash some not-so-sneaky shenanigans on Chau Sara.