PDA

View Full Version : Art Forum

n00bonicPlague
04-16-2010, 11:31 AM
I think we've grown enough to have one. Put it here (http://sclegacy.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8). One thread per artist. Move the SC art thread (http://sclegacy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=237) there and sticky it. Hold a monthly SC art contest or something. Be sure to post an announcement in all of the forums.

Arkalis
04-16-2010, 12:47 PM
Hell yea! Art Forum! Imagine all the possibilities and masterpieces

Sarov
04-16-2010, 01:41 PM
Once more, I approve this message!

Zabimaru
04-16-2010, 01:58 PM
A birthday card I drew for an old friend... it took many long hours to capture th- okay... it took less then 5 mins. :p

pure.Wasted
04-16-2010, 03:28 PM
A birthday card I drew for an old friend... it took many long hours to capture th- okay... it took less then 5 mins. :p

Best gift card I have ever seen.

Ever. :D

Sarov
04-16-2010, 04:52 PM
Best gift card I have ever seen.

Ever. :D

Oh. You've never seen my artwork have you, pure.Wasted? Check these two out (proof that I am awesome at drawing Protoss and anyone who has seem my art can attest to that fact):

Protoss Zealot (http://sarov.deviantart.com/art/Protoss-Zealot-137147441)

Protoss Faces (http://sarov.deviantart.com/art/Protoss-Faces-137147195)

Zabimaru
04-16-2010, 04:56 PM
Oh. You've never seen my artwork have you, pure.Wasted? Check these two out (proof that I am awesome at drawing Protoss and anyone who has seem my art can attest to that fact):

Stop stealing my one and only true fan!!! :p

Sarov
04-16-2010, 05:19 PM

I did what? :cool:

Zabimaru
04-16-2010, 05:27 PM
I did what?

Oh you’re sly, my friend. But I’ll get you back... just you watch... the next birthday card will be even better!! ;)

DemolitionSquid
04-16-2010, 05:27 PM

Don't worry, I'm sure you have others.

They're just hiding so no one can make fun of them.

Zabimaru
04-16-2010, 05:30 PM

You know you want one, DS. I can see your barely hidden jealously. ;)

DemolitionSquid
04-16-2010, 05:32 PM
You know you want one, DS. I can see your barely hidden jealously. ;)

I have tons of adoring fans. My awesomeness is known far and wide.

Sarov
04-16-2010, 05:42 PM
I have tons of adoring fans. My awesomeness is known far and wide.

I have some fans. But most are stalkers and cultists.

Arkalis
04-16-2010, 08:41 PM

omg when I saw the first line I was scared. DS being nice!?

then reading the second line my heartrate went back to normal :)

Also

Check these two out (proof that I am awesome at drawing Protoss and anyone who has seem my art can attest to that fact)

So if there was a contest for the best artist in SCL Sarov wins

I have some fans. But most are stalkers and cultists.

Damnit, why am I always the minority?

Visions of Khas
04-16-2010, 09:40 PM
I would like a forum devoted to artistic pursuits. I mean, these dinky little Groups are a bit limited and limiting in my opinion; I want threads and threads as far as the eye can see devoted entirely to art and the myriad shapes and ways it can take.

The art community here is sizable but under-represented.

This baby agrees.

GRUNT
04-17-2010, 07:53 PM
I think that that picture killed the thread. :|

Visions of Khas
04-17-2010, 09:42 PM
It was done for an illustration a while ago, Grunt, sans the text of course. Be that as it may, my points still stand. I mean, how many of us here are in the art field? Equiliari, Free Space, Zealot, Imdrunkontea, GnaReffotsirk, Sarov, myself... there are quite a few artists on the forum, most of whom are prominent members, even if they don't necessarily contribute artistically. Look at how much attention the SC Art Threads garners. And the art doesn't need to just be 2D static imagery. I'd love to see additional creative outlets, like writing or film. I'd love for the SCL cinematics people to sit down some time and write out a thread detailing their creative process, providing maybe some WiP shots.

Arkalis
04-17-2010, 11:38 PM
It was done for an illustration a while ago, Grunt, sans the text of course. Be that as it may, my points still stand. I mean, how many of us here are in the art field? Equiliari, Free Space, Zealot, Imdrunkontea, GnaReffotsirk, Sarov, myself... there are quite a few artists on the forum, most of whom are prominent members, even if they don't necessarily contribute artistically. Look at how much attention the SC Art Threads garners. And the art doesn't need to just be 2D static imagery. I'd love to see additional creative outlets, like writing or film. I'd love for the SCL cinematics people to sit down some time and write out a thread detailing their creative process, providing maybe some WiP shots.

Also don't forget apprentices like me XD

I have won some 1st and 2nd places in my school's writing contests
and some graphic design too... but only 2D static and animated.

I don't post my art here because they pale compared to yours, masters XD

Until I make a decent piece I'll just learn from your skills

Sarov
04-17-2010, 11:40 PM
I don't post my art here because they pale compared to yours, masters XD

Psh. I'm nothing great. I'm average if anything. I just pretend to be good because I need something to be proud of in my life.

Equiliari
04-17-2010, 11:55 PM
I'd love for the SCL cinematics people to sit down some time and write out a thread detailing their creative process, providing maybe some WiP shots.

Good idea!
Forwarded to the big guys on top :)

AegisKHAOS
04-18-2010, 02:41 AM
Thankies. :) If nothing else, it might give me an excuse to draw or write something SC related.

Islandsnake
04-18-2010, 04:18 AM
Psh whats this? everything agreeing on something?

WE DONT NEED A ART FORM! thats what social groups are for!

Muahah

Freespace
04-18-2010, 11:19 AM
So what would you like to know about the cinematic? :)

The_Blade
04-18-2010, 04:41 PM
Project SEXY!!! PLZ

Edit: just saw your signature... *LoA muahahahas in the distance*

Arkalis
04-18-2010, 06:53 PM
Psh. I'm nothing great. I'm average if anything. I just pretend to be good because I need something to be proud of in my life.

That last sentence will be my new life motto

Sarov
04-18-2010, 07:13 PM
That last sentence will be my new life motto

Well, it is the truth.

Visions of Khas
04-18-2010, 07:33 PM
So what would you like to know about the cinematic?
Everything.

From beginning to end; concept art, sketches, animatic, modeling process, collaboration process between the artist and client (ie how you were from the SCL "I want this" and you go, "Sure"; they say, "That needs to be this way, not that way." etc.), where you got such mad skillz, how many bags of cheetohs and code red you went through...

... screens from any upcoming projects... >_>

LordofAscension
04-18-2010, 07:40 PM
... screens from any upcoming projects... >_>

15k YT subscribers?

~LoA

The_Blade
04-18-2010, 08:19 PM
2200 more subscribers... mmm this could workout smoothly

LordofAscension
04-18-2010, 10:58 PM
Ask and ye shall receive. We're looking for a decent amount of threads/traffic to keep it viable though - so I hope it gets used as much you guys suggested hehe.

:)

http://sclegacy.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31

~LoA

GRUNT
04-18-2010, 11:43 PM
Ask and ye shall receive. We're looking for a decent amount of threads/traffic to keep it viable though - so I hope it gets used as much you guys suggested hehe.

It's really cool that you guys are doing this, but I still can't shake the feeling that after a while of traffic, it might actually become harder for artists to get their stuff noticed by posting it here.

However, for the sake of everyone here, I really do hope I'm wrong :p.

The_Blade
04-19-2010, 12:59 AM
<3 you all jeje

so closed?

n00bonicPlague
04-19-2010, 11:45 AM
Awesomeness.

Visions of Khas
04-19-2010, 11:58 AM
Mengsk stands on deck of battlecruiser Leviathen, a Dominion flag waving in the background proclaiming, "Mission Complete."

Just gotta keep this thing up and running, and we're set. Good job, team!

The_Blade
04-21-2010, 09:35 AM
I would like to motion for a name change from "Holo deck" to "Art deck/gallery/station/bridge/universe/etc/etc.

n00bonicPlague
04-29-2010, 10:30 AM
Yeah, I'm with Blade on this. Holo Deck is kinda vague. The name needs to have either the word "art" or the word "gallery" in it. Holo Deck sounds like it could be a place where people could watch live streams or something.

Xeo
04-30-2010, 05:22 AM
Not that I don't agree with the idea, but do you think that an art forum has the potential to have that much increased activity? will it attract more outsiders to participate? as far as I think 20 people at most will be participating in that art forum, do you think that's enough people to start up a forum?
I'm not against the idea just trying to think from an administrator's point of view..

~Xeo

n00bonicPlague
04-30-2010, 07:12 PM
I think it's more about organization than it is ropin' in the masses. It's the same reason we have strategy, lore, video, BW, map, and OT forums. We're giving things we already have a place. We believe we have just enough artistic types to make one, and so we're cleaning up the forums a little by giving artists a home. We're not trying to run a hotel. We're just getting the broke college kid out of the living room and into his own bedroom.

Centipede
05-01-2010, 07:42 AM
An announcement and/or redirect pertaining to the new art forum would likely help bring some people in.

The name (as n00bonic said, Holo Deck sounds more like a place for streams) and its status as a sub-forum also seems to be more hindering than anything.