PDA

View Full Version : NEW SC2 HD Beta Montage

Oversky
05-31-2009, 09:33 PM
Hey everyone!

So I've put together a little SC2 montage of what I believe to be the most impressive clips of SC2 that we have seen so far as well as some of the soundtrack from Blizzards recent album.

There is commentary accompanying some of the video where I explain my current plans for doing HD SC2 FPVODS, which I am currently doing for WC3.

Make sure you guys watch in HD and enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXgBFt7HBOo

Pick
05-31-2009, 11:35 PM
Subscribed.

Your War3 videos are great. Video quality is impressive and the commentary is good. Looking forward to seeing your SC2 work.

I am sure lots of people are going to do SC2 videos, but I doubt there will be many who take it as seriously as you appear to be doing. Thanks.

Wankey
06-01-2009, 12:02 AM
Yeah, um, little bit of life tip - school/work are the two most important things in your life. SC2, not so much.

Aldrius
06-01-2009, 12:44 AM
Nice, dude. I'm anxious to see what everyone's putting up in regards to the SC2 beta when it finally comes around. :)

Zeratul_101
06-01-2009, 12:53 AM
another little tip...teachers/coaches/administrators at school and supervisors and higher-ups at work appreciate people with a more rounded skillset over automatons...

ps, are you expecting a essay on the geo-political situation of afghanistan on a starcraft forum?

Pick
06-01-2009, 01:02 AM
Yeah, um, little bit of life tip - school/work are the two most important things in your life. SC2, not so much.

A career in the gaming industry has to start somewhere.

Telling him to go to school or work is like telling a musician to put down his guitar and get a real job. Sometimes doing what you are passionate about will pay off in the long run.

Or you could sit around in a boring cubicle like I do all day. :(

Zabimaru
06-01-2009, 01:32 AM
Telling him to go to school or work is like telling a musician to put down his guitar and get a real job

Pick, my respect for you has just grown enormously- there is no way I’m putting down my guitar, it’s my soul mate. :) And wow, maybe by watching your Warcraft FPVODs I might actually be able to play Warcraft decently. Seriously, I’m good with StarCraft, but I fail when it comes to Warcraft. :D

notaytoe
06-01-2009, 01:42 AM
Subscribed. Nice to see someone will skills both playing and commentary, its coo that ur from van too, cant wait to see the sc2 vids

Noise
06-01-2009, 02:20 AM
Subscribliebubbled

Wankey
06-01-2009, 03:18 AM
A career in the gaming industry has to start somewhere.

Telling him to go to school or work is like telling a musician to put down his guitar and get a real job. Sometimes doing what you are passionate about will pay off in the long run.

Or you could sit around in a boring cubicle like I do all day. :(

Yeah, like you, I have that pipe dream as well. But I'm not complaining about my 80k salary a year sitting in a cubicle.

I was merely offering some sound advice. While anyone can say F* it, I'm going to pursue a career in pro gaming. 99% of people who do that don't make it.

Of course, it's inspirational to take the other way. I'm just a bit of a realist.

Oh, another bit of advice, if you really want to go down this road. Make sure you are DAMN GOOD AT IT!

Be f'ing passionate about it, otherwise the risk you're taking would be useless.

Zabimaru
06-01-2009, 05:53 AM
To feed the soul... or the family... that is the decision we must all make.

Damn, I’m so wise. :D

Pick
06-01-2009, 08:34 AM
Yeah, like you, I have that pipe dream as well. But I'm not complaining about my 80k salary a year sitting in a cubicle.

I was merely offering some sound advice. While anyone can say F* it, I'm going to pursue a career in pro gaming. 99% of people who do that don't make it.

Of course, it's inspirational to take the other way. I'm just a bit of a realist.

Oh, another bit of advice, if you really want to go down this road. Make sure you are DAMN GOOD AT IT!

Be f'ing passionate about it, otherwise the risk you're taking would be useless.

I am an extreme realist in my own life also. I guess that is why I have a "grass is greener on the other side" mentality and think everyone else should do whatever crazy stuff makes them happy. Even though I would never take those risks myself.

Well... back to work. :D

sandwich_bird
06-01-2009, 09:37 AM
Lol people on youtube are all bunch of assholes... I'm tired of hearing all that bullshit about Koreans being gods and all. It's not because they are Koreans that they are good, it's because they trained enough to be good. Anyone who practice "effectively" will be good (keyword here is effectively). Furthermore, you will be able to become a pro in the early years of Starcraft II even if you don't spend 8 hours a day playing imo. This is mostly because it will take time until everyone develop good b/o and develop good strategies.

In my case, I would never drop University to play Starcraft but I'm still gonna train to become a pro. You can have both really. You just need to be really organized. I mean don't they recruit football/hockey/etc players from College/Universities to play in the big leagues? Those guys don't play 12 hours a day to become pros.

RamiZ
06-01-2009, 04:39 PM
Lol people on youtube are all bunch of assholes... I'm tired of hearing all that bullshit about Koreans being gods and all. It's not because they are Koreans that they are good, it's because they trained enough to be good. Anyone who practice "effectively" will be good (keyword here is effectively). Furthermore, you will be able to become a pro in the early years of Starcraft II even if you don't spend 8 hours a day playing imo. This is mostly because it will take time until everyone develop good b/o and develop good strategies.

In my case, I would never drop University to play Starcraft but I'm still gonna train to become a pro. You can have both really. You just need to be really organized. I mean don't they recruit football/hockey/etc players from College/Universities to play in the big leagues? Those guys don't play 12 hours a day to become pros.
Word Brother! Exactly my thoughts ;)

Oversky
06-02-2009, 02:38 AM

I agree with some of what you've said but the simple fact is the current best players in BW are the two that work the hardest.
See you in beta tho!

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=94245

warrior6
06-03-2009, 10:52 AM

i'd beg to differ man. ofcourse they aren't good simply because they are korean, they are good because the koreans have the best training regimes to weed out unskilled players and make greats appear. they also have a much larger player base so the chances of a player of slayer's boxer's caliber is higher in korea than say in the USA. the koreans have better coaches, programs, and other professionals to make these kinds of greats appear. there is probably all sorts of people who can be one of the greatest players of all time but they never will be because they never played starcraft. the chances of this happening outside korea is higher than in korea.

Oversky
06-04-2009, 12:39 AM
Thanks for the support to those who have!