PDA

View Full Version : DiggitySC sc2 commentary

Perfecttear
05-29-2009, 06:29 AM
Those of you familiar with the sc english commentators, shurley know Diggity. He is a part of the sc2gg community thas has multiple commetators and has done thousands commentaries of starcraft. He has made a commentary of br2. His commentary is much more different and deep and goes into details.
Check it out.

Part1
sxEkAAWqbQw

Part2
pSrl6x8-lZ0

part3
9v4gNriDQbA

Zabimaru
05-29-2009, 06:32 AM
Wicked. I was just wacthing some diggity vids. It was fate!! :p I'll get on to wacthing these after I finsih his other ones. A day filled with diggity! :D

Aldrius
05-29-2009, 10:49 AM
Edit: I still don't get it how youtube tags work

They're search terms basically.

GRUNT
05-29-2009, 11:59 AM
I love the guys at SC2GG, but this video isn't so much commentary as it is a stream of thought about the status of SC2 :P.

Part of it's because Diggity isn't quite up to date as we are with the status of SC2. He makes quite a few mistakes (such as not realising that the Zerg player canceled his hatchery when the Banshees appeared and that he burrowed his drone).

He pretty much ignores the game entirely (I thought he'd talk about how badly the Zerg player was producing compared to David Kim, for example) and focuses on his theories of SC2's pro scene and the future of e-sports.

It's a bit weird to watch because the visuals feel completely pointless :P. 'Watching' this just feels like listening to a podcast :P (not a bad one, though! It's just that it doesn't have too much to do with the match itself).

Zabimaru
05-29-2009, 12:28 PM
such as not realising that the Zerg player canceled his hatchery when the Banshees appeared and that he burrowed his drone

To be fair, not many people notice that.
I loved it anyway, and as always, I agree with what his God like voice tells me. We need GM over the internet! Have a good day Grunt, and know that I always will love you. You too, PerfectTear. :p

Perfecttear
05-29-2009, 12:51 PM
They're search terms basically.

Lol ,i don't mean those tags:D I wannted to post the actual video here and not just the link.

Bisso
05-29-2009, 02:12 PM
I wasnt expecting that much from this vid. Like the guy said, both Blizz commentators in the original vid had it pretty good (and was probably staged/not live so they could practice). I am not sure what he could have said more, and he said what he could say to add something new, about the he dont know why they are just harassing and leaving when they could dominate the ennemy. I think he is right, the reapers could be very powerful if kim used them to attack the main base. , leaving bombs in money then jumping down again, stuff like that.

RamiZ
05-29-2009, 05:14 PM
Hm i love those Commentators ^^ my favorite is Cholera ;) I hope they will keep commenting on SC2 Beta videos and normal SC2 Videos, they are great, hype up the game so much ;)

Edit: LOOOL i said everything he does in this video :D :D :D But i didnt watch it then though ^^

Noise
05-30-2009, 12:56 AM
I think he has a good point: the Zerg lack the mobility of the Terran and Protoss and will be at the mercy of much of their harassment. And obviously HSMs are going to RAPE mineral lines.

Zabimaru
05-30-2009, 01:01 AM
my favorite is Cholera

Here, here!! Though Diggity is a damn close second. :)

Nicol Bolas
05-30-2009, 02:26 AM
I think he has a good point: the Zerg lack the mobility of the Terran and Protoss and will be at the mercy of much of their harassment.

Right, because the Zerg don't have a cheap harassment unit (Mutalisk) nor do they have the ability to summon their army at an arbitrary location on the map with minimal legwork (Nydus). And none of this is on top of having Overlord transports.

Just because someone isn't using the race's features doesn't mean they don't exist.

Noise
05-30-2009, 06:02 AM
Well I guess we'll find out! It's all theory, but it just feels like with reapers and stalkers the zerg have a disadvantage not having a cliff jumper (not that I think they necessarily need one - I'm as big an advocate for racial diversity as you can get).

DemolitionSquid
05-30-2009, 02:21 PM
Zerg don't need a cliff jumper because they have Mutalisks. That's the bottom line, let it go.