PDA

View Full Version : change background and font color.

SlickR
03-17-2010, 12:25 PM
Hi there, I know this forum has been like this for a lot of time and I think even blizzforums had this same color palette, but often times in just hurts your eyes too much and you can't actually read.

I suggest changing the background to white and making the font black or do some research about soft colors and eye tiredness and find out what colors may work best for the design of this forum, but are still eye friendly.

And knowing that some single posts are like whole threads on their own by length and you have a problem.

I also don't think these colors are very stylish and are actually deterring many potential users.

So again, the ones in charge of the design of the forum, should look at applying different colors, so its easy to the eyes.

The_Blade
03-17-2010, 12:46 PM
A white background would blind you faster, just for the record.

Zabimaru
03-17-2010, 01:11 PM
Please no white background- I’m actually allergic to light and don’t use the computer too often because of it... and white backgrounds kill. :(

Perfecttear
03-17-2010, 01:14 PM
Insert vampire joke :p

Zabimaru
03-17-2010, 01:16 PM
Insert vampire joke

Haha, oh how I have heard too many of those throughout the years. :p

The_Blade
03-17-2010, 01:48 PM
http://twilight-review.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/twilight-soundtrack-cover.jpg

SlickR
03-17-2010, 04:03 PM
A white background would blind you faster, just for the record.

okay it does not have to be white, some other color, that is soft and easy on the eyes.

I really can't read a lot of posts in a go, especially if there are few really long ones and I have to step back from my pc, refresh my eyes for a while and than read again if i'm still up for it.

The_Blade
03-17-2010, 04:05 PM
You can tougle the light of your monitor.

Zabimaru
03-17-2010, 05:28 PM
Oh, you did not just go there Blade! :p

The_Blade
03-17-2010, 05:35 PM
What!?

You said vampire joke!

rise
03-17-2010, 06:03 PM
Let's keep it on topic.

While black text on a white background is considered the standard for presentation of content on modern websites, this forum is fairly heavily themed. So, a dark palette is required to provide continuity between the mainpage and the forum.

It's a good suggestion, though, and perhaps it'll be implemented in some form. However, SC:L has traditionally favoured the dark colour schemes.

The_Blade
03-17-2010, 06:17 PM
Protoss hardcore and stuborn traditions of pride ^^

Zabimaru
03-17-2010, 06:33 PM
Maybe just a slightly bigger defult text would help. Or a slightly bigger spacing between lines?

Norfindel
03-18-2010, 07:54 AM
It's not a bad idea. The background doesn't needs to be white, maybe just reduce the contrast between background and text? Also, bbulletin supports several themes, there's no need to change the default one, just make others available for the user to choose.

TWD
03-18-2010, 11:01 AM
Luckily for you vb supports multiple forum themes. So we can create a brighter scheme, and those that like it can switch.

However, I have a lot of other stuff to look at first. We have some big new features coming in as well as a long list of housekeeping. It will be a while before we even start to discuss such a feature. Probably months.
________
SexyKarmen (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/cam/SexyKarmen/)

Freespace
03-18-2010, 05:03 PM
Luckily for you vb supports multiple forum themes. So we can create a brighter scheme, and those that like it can switch.

However, I have a lot of other stuff to look at first. We have some big new features coming in as well as a long list of housekeeping. It will be a while before we even start to discuss such a feature. Probably months.

SC2 will actually come out in the meantime, so it will probably be over a year before we start to discuss such a feature.

Oh wait... Heart of the Swarm will come out by then, so it will me about two years before we... Oh wait, Legacy of the Void will be out by then so... :eek:

The_Blade
03-18-2010, 05:23 PM
SC2 will actually come out in the meantime, so it will probably be over a year before we start to discuss such a feature.

Oh wait... Heart of the Swarm will come out by then, so it will me about two years before we... Oh wait, Legacy of the Void will be out by then so... :eek:

Just say "soon" and smile ^^

LordofAscension
03-18-2010, 07:54 PM
Just say "soon" and smile ^^

That's basically what we do. :)

~LoA

SlickR
03-19-2010, 08:21 AM

It wouldn't take too much time, VB has already different themes and you do not need to create your own, so its just a few hours probably to install a couple of different themes and allow users to choose a theme.

Not much work, I've had dozen of websites with forums in the past, from wordpress, e107, joomla, phpbb, etc... and just find several different themes, install them and allow users to choose, all that in maybe a little bit over an hour and that is me being really lazy :)

LordofAscension
03-19-2010, 10:01 AM
It wouldn't take too much time, VB has already different themes and you do not need to create your own, so its just a few hours probably to install a couple of different themes and allow users to choose a theme.

Not much work, I've had dozen of websites with forums in the past, from wordpress, e107, joomla, phpbb, etc... and just find several different themes, install them and allow users to choose, all that in maybe a little bit over an hour and that is me being really lazy :)

We don't half-ass anything if we can help it.

So if we did other themes they'd be as high quality as we could make them.

~LoA

SlickR
03-19-2010, 02:52 PM

~LoA

Well that's another thing then. That will surely take a week to do a quality theme.
There was a suggestion in the we are in the beta now, to create themes around zerg, protoss and terran.

n00bonicPlague
03-19-2010, 09:54 PM
Forum Text
Silver Text

EDIT: Just testing to see if y'all ever actually changed the colors from that darkish gray to the lighter silver. Apparently you did for when the actual post is posted, but you didn't for when the user is creating a post (quick and advanced), previewing a post, editing a post (quick and advanced), or viewing the topic review at the bottom of the page when creating a post in advanced mode.

don
03-27-2010, 12:17 AM

~LoA

A Zerg and Terran theme maybe?

Terrans could have white text on gray background.

SlickR
03-28-2010, 11:24 AM
Just something, I understand the need for quality stuff, but as we all know, usability is far more important than graphics.

No matter how good looking something is, if you can't read from it, than its not good.
So some small change, until they are able to do a new quality stuff theme would be great.

cupid2787
05-04-2010, 08:23 PM
The font color is okay but the background is too dark. You can lighten it a little bit so that it look pleasant to the eyes.

Todie
05-05-2010, 05:15 AM
Right now its a bit hard to make out the forumdisplay /index at the top lefthand side (right about user CP) the blue text blends in with the background image. especialy the Thread title bit, as thats in white, and there are some lights in the picture, right behind it..