PDA

View Full Version : Minor Spoilers / Major Spoiler tags

GRUNT
03-14-2010, 07:58 AM
Hey there - since we're getting singleplayer stuff through the beta (and I'm sure that we'll have more singleplayer stuff being discovered by other means), I was wondering if the administration would consider having a system whereby threads containing spoiler information identify whether they're minor or major spoilers.

Quite a few people have different 'tolerances' for spoilers. Some may not want to be spoiled at all, leaving as much of the singleplayer a mystery as possibly; others like me don't mind minor spoilers but don't want to read about major plot events; and there are still others who would want to read everything they can get their eyes on.

So yeah - any chance of putting such a system in place? :p It'd really be great for people in my psychographic to be able to read certain spoiler threads, knowing that I won't be ruining what I consider to be the 'main' part of the singleplayer :p.

Islandsnake
03-14-2010, 12:06 PM
Mirror Spoilers Below:
LOLOLOLL

Major Story Spoilers below!
LOLOLOLL

Though I wouldnt mind it, not sure if they can do it htough

Pandonetho
03-14-2010, 11:47 PM
^ Well that was easy wasn't it?

GRUNT
03-15-2010, 06:18 PM
You guys are missing the point :p.

What I mean is actually making it a rule that people should follow. Just take that 'datamined information' thread in General Discussion - it doesn't specify the degree of spoiler-ness in those spoilers.

GRUNT
04-24-2010, 04:40 AM
Hey guys, sorry for bumping this, but I'd really like to hear some admin thoughts on this :).

With the game drawing ever closer to release, I think that the stream of plot spoilers is going to be coming in relatively steadily.

Take this thread for instance:
http://sclegacy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3779

When I went there, I didn't really know what to expect. I read SCL's singleplayer campaign preview, but that bit about Tosh wasn't mentioned. Now, to me, what Blizzard showed the fansites are considered 'minor spoilers'. They're officially-sanctioned spoilers, sorta like a movie trailer.

On the other hand, if someone had found out something drastic and/or something from an unofficial source like...(purely hypothetical example coming up) Tosh is actually some Zerg agent who kills Raynor and then destroys the Koprulu sector, then you can't tell just from "Spoilers below!"

Although what constitutes 'minor' and 'major' spoilers can be subjective, I believe that people at least have a rough sense of which constitutes which.

I'm sure that I can't be the only person who's eager to discuss 'what we know' about the story, without spoiling the major elements for themselves.

Is there any way that the admins can enforce some kind of policy to just label spoilers as either being Minor or Major in nature?

Thanks! :)

Hamshank
04-25-2010, 01:39 AM
This is a brilliant idea. I throw my full support behind it.