PDA

View Full Version : SC2 Beta Might Not Come With A Map Editor (SCW.net FTL!!!)

TheEconomist
05-27-2009, 07:55 AM
http://starfeeder.gameriot.com/blogs/The-Starfeed/Map-Editor-news-False-Also-new-SC2-Death-animations

http://www.starcraft-source.com/index.php?cmd=article&sec=news&act=view&id=141

Whanhee
05-27-2009, 08:19 AM
God damnit. I still hope its included. There's no real way to test balance on only a few official maps. :(

Blazur
05-27-2009, 08:40 AM
That'll teach us to get excited about something!

TheEconomist
05-27-2009, 08:46 AM
The Chinese site is reporting that Blizzard told them to remove the 9800GT comment shortly after putting it up but the webmaster maintains that Blizzard did actually tell them that.

Maybe it's not SCW.net's fault this time?

smoshrobotics
05-27-2009, 03:42 PM
Or maybe the webmaster just has a case of Way-Too-Much-Pride Syndrome.

Perfecttear
05-27-2009, 04:25 PM
I don't trust scwire anymore since that beta keys news they posted by blazur, they just post everthing, confirmed or not.
I've actually thought once to make a fake gaiming site with new sc news and submit the news to scwire .To bad i am lazy :P

Crazy_Jonny
05-27-2009, 06:23 PM
I don't trust scwire anymore since that beta keys news they posted by blazur, they just post everthing, confirmed or not.
I've actually thought once to make a fake gaiming site with new sc news and submit the news to scwire .To bad i am lazy :P

Yeah I agree. Even though that Chinese website was probably the one at fault, SCW is one of the most gullible sites ever. Im not taking anything they say seriously.

kuangtu
05-28-2009, 09:04 AM
I said the following a million times on other websites, but I want to say it again (copy+paste) here in case if anyone didn't see my comments.

Did anyone see the Batch 51? Clearly there is conflict in the annoucement from Blizzard HQ. They denied everything at the beginning, then confirmed it in Q&A 51. I can't believe how people can extend that denying on one line, which has been proven inconsistent by Blizzard itself, to attack the credibility of everything from the Chinese fansite community or even SCW. Although I can just step away and leave this mess to them, I feel that I'm a part of the communty too.

I want to say it again. It is NOT a fake news. It was said in the summit, recorded by the reporter then translated to English. If Blizzard still deny the source of this news (they probably will), fine, but it's sad to see the Chinese fansites and SCW need to take the blame and questioning on their credibility of reporting something they got directly from Blizzard employee.

Leord
05-28-2009, 09:12 AM
I'm very sad to hear about the loss in credibility we have got. Basically it was two news posts where the fact that we had unconfirmed info was unclear. Seeing as we have thousands of news items, one would have hoped it wasn't such a big deal with two items that should have had further checkup.

Of course we lost credibility for it though, and we just have to live with it. I was the one handling it, so I take full responsibility myself. However, being gullible is not the same as reporting rumours. The game community live on rumours, and I am of the opinion that I'd rather hear the rumour and can dismiss it myself than being held in the dark with no option of doing either. Just because I report about something does not mean I believe it.

I may have made mistakes, but I am not gullible ;)

As for the above story, the Chinese sites swear they did not lie. I even sent the news item to Blizzard when it was live. A day or so later, PR people probably went ballistic, and rewrites were stated. We had pretty clear disclaimers from the start, and really no reason to distrust the Chinese reports. If anything, the Chinese sites have come in a worse off position as untrusted.

Especially in the light of the Q&A session, it seems the timing for reporting on the map editor was the only real flaw. It's probably the reason why the Q&A was delayed. Also, I assume the Chinese have mixed up the system requirements. Sounds high.

Also, re-registered on SCL, welcome back! :)

TheEconomist
05-28-2009, 09:37 AM
My suggestion to you would be to keep doing what you're doing but just make sure people understand it's unconfirmed. The reason I enjoy your site so much is because there's almost always something new to read and it keeps me entertained which helps the wait for StarCraft 2 greatly.

So, basically, I'd still like to see tons and tons of news even if much of it is speculation on rumors but with some kind of warning about it being unconfirmed or of questionable reliability.

kuangtu
05-28-2009, 10:27 AM
My suggestion to you would be to keep doing what you're doing but just make sure people understand it's unconfirmed. The reason I enjoy your site so much is because there's almost always something new to read and it keeps me entertained which helps the wait for StarCraft 2 greatly.

So, basically, I'd still like to see tons and tons of news even if much of it is speculation on rumors but with some kind of warning about it being unconfirmed or of questionable reliability.
yea, me too. I love how SCW update news so frequently.

We learnt our lesson on Blazur's hoax. However, this time I really didn't know that Blizzard would turn on us (the Chinese community) cause everything was talked about during the summit. No warning was giving on not releasing any news. Nevertheless, I just want to say none of Chinese fansites will report any made up news intentionally, not even need to mention that news is actually not made up by anyone.