PDA

View Full Version : Toss AA?

notaytoe
05-26-2009, 01:00 PM
bw brought out the corsair for aa, with the removal of overload, toss have stalkers storm/archon warprays and a pheonix with a ground lift-off ability (witch i think is stupid) stalkers and storms and warprays are not a problem at all its just agaist a microed muta force the toss will be in the same place as the terrens were in BW a ground unit (goli) that just gets microed around - terrens got the viking to deal with this and the toss get overload removed? Your thought please

Triceron
05-26-2009, 01:06 PM
Carriers attack air
Phoenix attack air
Motherships attack air
Void Rays attack air

What's the problem again?

Dauntless
05-26-2009, 01:26 PM
I've read that 5 Phoenix > 3 Carriers, which means Phoenix got very powerful AA. I wouldn't be worried.

Aldrius
05-26-2009, 01:42 PM
Phoenix are incredibly strong, cheap and fast.

They can handle Mutalisks.

Zero
05-26-2009, 03:59 PM
Void Rays attack air

Fixed that for ya... I think. Do the Void Rays attack ground AND air, or just ground only? With all the changes they've made, I've lost track of the most current details on the Void Ray.

Nicol Bolas
05-26-2009, 04:01 PM
Do the Void Rays attack ground AND air, or just ground only? With all the changes they've made, I've lost track of the most current details on the Void Ray.

The air/ground changes you're talking about are well over a year old. It settled down to attacking both.

Whanhee
05-26-2009, 06:03 PM
I've read that 5 Phoenix > 3 Carriers, which means Phoenix got very powerful AA. I wouldn't be worried.

Weren't they trying to make all units viable in all matchups? How on earth will this make carriers (or any air units) other than the phoenix useful at all? Maybe carriers are cheaper =\

Kimera757
05-26-2009, 06:12 PM
Phoenixes don't counter carriers. They do fast, weak attacks more suited to killing smaller air units.

(Without splash. Grrr....)

Norfindel
05-26-2009, 06:31 PM
Where did you hear this? Carriers should be doing 80 dmg per attack round to units like the Phoenix, which is huge damage, so it sounds a little bit strange.

GRUNT
05-26-2009, 06:44 PM
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=93776

This first fellow says Phoenixes kill Overlords 1.5 times faster than Corsairs do! :S

On top of this, Blizzard plans on giving only Overseers detection??

Zerg are soooooooo screwed :P.

DemolitionSquid
05-26-2009, 06:52 PM

I'd like to see the exact source on that, I can't find anything to support your statement. It seems incredibly unlikely the Zerg won't have a detaction capable building. Plus, Overseers have a HUGE vision and detection range, the longer they stay in one place.

PsiWarp
05-26-2009, 06:54 PM
The Spore Crawler has detection... unless they plan to give Changelings detection LOL.

-Psi

Nicol Bolas
05-26-2009, 07:02 PM
This first fellow says Phoenixes kill Overlords 1.5 times faster than Corsairs do! :S

They'd better; they can only shoot one at a time.

Norfindel
05-26-2009, 08:30 PM
Zerg players can take care of their Overlords, if they need to. In fact, they send them everywhere because they're dirt-cheap, and are good to scout, but will move them under some Spore Crawlers, if the hunting begins.
I expect them to be far more cautious with their Overseers.

They'd better; they can only shoot one at a time.
Yeah, i think you're right. Blizzard's statment is prone to confusion. When they said: one Phoenix can kill an Overlord 1.5 times as fast, probably everyone thinked about 10 Phoenix killing a cloud of Overlords 15 times as fast as Corsairs. But of course, Corsairs would be far more powerfull in that situation than in one vs one, because of splash.

Aldrius
05-26-2009, 08:58 PM
Keep in mind any Overlord can become an Overseer in seconds... with just a Lair.

Dread_Reaper
05-27-2009, 10:13 AM
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=93776

Lol you just figured this out now?

The Overseer is a stupid idea, it should never have been implemented.

Now as for Protoss AA, trust me I have seen the power of the Phoenix. The thing is merciless. I honestly think it actually does WAY too much damage, because it makes the Warp Ray basically useless, especially if it has that garbage Anti-Grav ability. It needs reduced damage so the Warp Ray can do its heavy hitting, and for the love of god, get rid of that stupid AG ability!

-Dread_Reaper