PDA

View Full Version : Homesite new look

The_Blade
02-08-2010, 08:49 PM
Just wanted to state my feedback on the new overhead design for news.

Fanzy and epic :D

BTW will you add something similar to the bottom bracket

Edfishy
02-09-2010, 07:41 AM
Thanks! It was always our intention to have a more interesting news header, we just hadn't really gotten to it until recently. :)

Gt2slurp
02-10-2010, 09:46 PM
I don't know is this new tread is legitimate, but i wasn't sure where to post.

Just to make a follow up on graphical update to say that the comments boxes are a little bit bugged since some of them got no bottom and other got a bottom but lake in side.

This is very minor, but I think this tread can be useful if you are to make some other change. If not then i'm sorry.

LordofAscension
02-10-2010, 10:26 PM
Can you provide a screenshot and the browser you are using that would be helpful! Thanks!

~LoA

Nenol-phoenix
02-11-2010, 12:02 AM
I loved them, although the change in design took me by surprise, and along with my hype set a trap for me... I entered SCL and saw the top of the news and was like OMG something that shiny must be beta news aaaarrrggghhhh... :) Talking about setting yourself up for disappointment. :(

But now beta is finally coming yeah!!!

Gifted
02-11-2010, 02:05 AM
LoA, I get the "cut off bottom" look as well, firefox (most current) and it seems to change slightly based on how I log in and out. If I log in and out a few times on that website, it'll kinda change around so I suspect it's related to permissions or at least login status.

Pure speculation though.

Gt2slurp
02-11-2010, 08:07 AM
I am using firefox 3.6 on win7. i don't have the time here to open an account to post a sreenshot but i will do it if it is still necessary.

LordofAscension
02-11-2010, 08:58 AM
You should be able to upload a screenshot right into this thead - just "Go Advanced" in your reply and click "Manage Attachments" near the bottom.

~LoA

Blazur
02-11-2010, 02:29 PM
You should be able to upload a screenshot right into this thead - just "Go Advanced" in your reply and click "Manage Attachments" near the bottom.

The Helvetica font renders wacky for me in browsers, so ignore that.

http://i45.tinypic.com/qq8yeq.jpg

Also, you know your site doesn't load at all in IE6, right?

Gradius
02-11-2010, 03:01 PM
Also, you know your site doesn't load at all in IE6, right?
Huh, I thought it was just me...

Either way, that is a problem & we are working on it. :)

Blazur
02-11-2010, 04:07 PM
Either way, that is a problem & we are working on it. :)

IE6 is a bitch and very tough to get sites rendering consistently in. At my company I wish we could drop support for it altogether, but sadly there's still people using it so sites we build must be at least usable in it.

Microsoft drops support for IE6 in 2014 (http://www.sitepoint.com/blogs/2009/08/18/microsoft-support-ie6-2014/).

Gt2slurp
02-13-2010, 01:11 PM
Ok here is my screenshot, thank for the tips.