PDA

View Full Version : Art Room

The_Blade
02-05-2010, 01:30 AM
Well, I have suggested something similar in the past, yet I found a new idea.

What if we have an Art Gallery of local artists (SC:L community and staff artists) Basically this callery is moderated by support staff or any moderator. Community members can get a spot in this area by sending artworks to the art moderator. Future evaluation of this art will lead to a possitive response, from the art moderator, if the art is good. This way the community can share their art with more people, and eventually get more chances of getting "opportunities" in the future.

Afterwards: polls for the top art of the month, nice tumbnails, your name in your spot in the gallery, etc.

Profit?

milo
02-05-2010, 02:47 PM
subforums kill discussion (see the many, many dead social groups), you'd get more traffic with just a thread, IMO.

The_Blade
02-05-2010, 05:20 PM
Do you see the unussed spot that says "Art" in the main menu bar at the top of the website?

Social groups involve people within the forum. While the art room futures members of the community into the public.

milo
02-05-2010, 05:31 PM
Wow, I'd honestly never noticed that tab before.

(I don't use any part of this site beyond the forums so maybe my opinions aren't valid here)

The_Blade
02-05-2010, 05:34 PM
Wow, I'd honestly never noticed that tab before.

(I don't use any part of this site beyond the forums so maybe my opinions aren't valid here)

That's the point, we have to use all the tab not only the forum one.