PDA

View Full Version : SC:L Exclusive Fansite Q&A

Gradius
05-21-2009, 05:38 PM
Each StarCraft fansite will receive an exclusive Q&A from Blizzard to prepare for the transition into beta. Now it's SC:L's turn (http://sclegacy.com/forums/interviews/10-blizzard/375-starcraft-legacy-exclusive-fansite-qaa). Here is a sample from the Q&A:

3. We were told recently that workers can't patrol. This makes SCV auto-repair a lot less useful. (In Warcraft III, you could set a worker to patrol, and it would auto-repair any damaged buildings or mechanical units nearby. Great for keeping towers (and bunkers!) alive.)
SCVs can patrol, so if you activate auto-casting of the SCV's repair ability, that SCV will repair damaged buildings or units it encounters while on patrol. The SCV will repair nearby units and buildings and continue its designated patrol pattern again after the repairs are complete.

4. What use does the Overlord usually see versus the Nydus Worm? That is, in what capacity is each transport mechanic used?

It all depends on a player's choice in each case. When you want try out a sneaky and clever attack on the enemy's base, the nydus worm can be useful in that role as a more tactical and general choice for harassing the enemy's economy. However, you can also use a mass overlord drop just like the original StarCraft, for an aggressive, all-out attack. However, the overlord drop is riskier, as you're putting much of your supply and the cargo in jeopardy if you encounter strong anti-air defense.Read the rest here (http://sclegacy.com/interviews/10-blizzard/375-starcraft-legacy-exclusive-fansite-qaa).

Source:
StarCraft: Legacy Exclusive Fansite Q&A (http://sclegacy.com/interviews/10-blizzard/375-starcraft-legacy-exclusive-fansite-qaa)

n00bonicPlague
05-21-2009, 06:01 PM
Kewlz

It's a shame they didn't answer the REALLY important questions......

......oh well.

LordofAscension
05-21-2009, 06:04 PM
It is now. There was just a simple error in the link.

~LoA

DemolitionSquid
05-21-2009, 06:08 PM
1.Disappointing
2.Vague, doesn't solve the underlying issue
3.Useful to know
4.Hopfefully the Nydus will be more accessible than in Sc1 seeing as it still requires creep
5.Finally, untransportable Thors was stupid
6.I honestly don't think the Particle Cannon ability will be more useful
7.Old news now, but not when asked
8.Again, old news
9.At least they're trying.

Perfecttear
05-21-2009, 06:23 PM
Some questions were very old, and alredy previously answered, but it is nice to hear that the thor can be airlifted.:)

Blazur
05-21-2009, 06:43 PM
Many of the answers were vague and general, so this batch was pretty disappointing. The only interesting tidbit we got was the fact that Thor's can be transported, which up until now was impossible.

In regarding the computer AI, it's interesting to hear that at higher difficult it'll adapt by using the best counters to your units. So I can see as a viable strategy turtling up behind forward defenses, and hiding your units from the eyes of their scouts so they don't know the best way counters to use. Still much the same strategy as facing off against humans, but it's interesting to know that the moment you reveal your units to a computer at higher AI it'll adapt to it as best as possible.

electricmole
05-21-2009, 07:16 PM
this is a very noob boring batch. damn it, give us screenshots or campaign previews instead. im tired of this multiplayer information that is predictable and bland.

USELESS UPDATES! so when is the next update? 10 days? great.

I cant understand why everyone bothers with gameplay aspect of the game when its constantly get change all the time. Just wait for the BETA Aor the game. Just give us visuals, artworks, wallpapers, CAMPAIGN INFO/PREVIEW, and videos instead (these are the real updates!).

DemolitionSquid
05-21-2009, 07:23 PM
this is a very noob boring batch. damn it, give us screenshots or campaign previews instead. im tired of this multiplayer information that is predictable and bland.

USELESS UPDATES! so when is the next update? 10 days? great.

I cant understand why everyone bothers with gameplay aspect of the game when its constantly get change all the time. Just wait for the BETA Aor the game. Just give us visuals, artworks, wallpapers, CAMPAIGN INFO/PREVIEW, and videos instead (these are the real updates!).

I agree. Hell, 3 of the questions asked were mine (or more accurately, 2 and one that was asked by multiple people including myself), and I'm utterly disappointed by the short, vague answers.

Caliban113
05-21-2009, 09:30 PM
I know I read that bit about the Thor being transportable somewhere quite awhile ago.....I just cant find it.

Crazy_Jonny
05-21-2009, 09:36 PM
Darn... I wanted female ghost, thats like a no brainer. :(

Eligor
05-21-2009, 09:38 PM
Yeah, pretty uninformative Q&A. Perhaps those are all questions the guys at Blizz themselves are still unsure about, so no definitive answers can be given.

Wankey
05-21-2009, 10:05 PM
Disappointing... this is probably the worst Fansite QA. Unfortunate for SCLegacy for them to choose the worst questions. At least release some artwork!

DemolitionSquid
05-21-2009, 10:25 PM
Dis LoA pick these questions, or did he submit like 50 and Blizzard narrowed it down to 9?

If its the latter, than maybe they picked these ones because they were the only ones they COULD answer. Maybe our questions are so good that Blizzard doesn't know the answers yet or can't reveal them because it'll ruin a surprise.

Blazur
05-21-2009, 10:29 PM
So what prominent fansites remain for exclusive Q&A's?

- Starcraft.org
- StarcraftWire.net
- sc2armory.com
- sc2blog.com

Dauntless
05-21-2009, 10:37 PM
Dis LoA pick these questions, or did he submit like 50 and Blizzard narrowed it down to 9?

If its the latter, than maybe they picked these ones because they were the only ones they COULD answer. Maybe our questions are so good that Blizzard doesn't know the answers yet or can't reveal them because it'll ruin a surprise.

LoA submitted 20 questions. 11 left unanswered, and Blizzard probably knew that some of those they answered were old news to us.

Feels like they're saving up for BlizzCon. This Q&A was kinda of a disappoinment :\

DemolitionSquid
05-21-2009, 10:40 PM
I just wish they'd stop being so fucking VAGUE. I mean, they ignored 75% of the Carrier question. WTF mate?

Dauntless
05-21-2009, 10:45 PM
I hope they didn't think "Oh.. SC:Legacy, they don't care about multi player or competetive gaming, it's all about single player and lore for them, let's ignore the mp part of the question.".. :\

Zabimaru
05-22-2009, 02:16 AM
I hope they didn't think "Oh.. SC:Legacy, they don't care about multi player or competetive gaming, it's all about single player and lore for them, let's ignore the mp part of the question.".. :\

Then we’ll have to show them by making our own SC:L team and challenge the best Koreans to StarCraft matches and beat them all! Then they’ll bow down to us and answer to our will. Mahaha!
But yeah, most of the recent info is just repetition.

Dauntless
05-22-2009, 06:11 AM
Very likely :P

There's a saying in Norway, that we're born with skis on our feet. So I guess Koreans are born with a keyboard in their hands.

Nature wants Koreans (or asians) to be superior in anything that requires a brain. :<

Zigurd
05-22-2009, 12:26 PM
http://blog.littleoldone.com/images/meh_cat.jpg

sandwich_bird
05-22-2009, 12:56 PM
Good to hear that the AI will be smarter.

scorpio19
05-22-2009, 01:30 PM
continue to wait

Zigurd
05-22-2009, 03:37 PM
Maybe our questions are so good...

http://i43.tinypic.com/eaqtfs.png

...that Blizzard doesn't know the answers yet or can't reveal them because it'll ruin a surprise.

That.

Of course Blizzard can't answer the really good questions. That is why they keep avoiding direct answers and repeating themselves. If you answered every question available, there would be little to no surprise once you play the game.

Aldrius
05-25-2009, 08:34 PM
...ugh. Very bleh Q&A.

But I guess they just don't have anything left to reveal that's really all that impressive.

I mean they tried to pass off the Brood Lord as an impressive new unit...

Alar
05-26-2009, 08:46 PM
Makes sense to me why there aren't a ton of great questions left. We've had most of them answered already! The community has been pretty persistent, and while questions have ranged from horrible to satisfactory to great, I'm not sure how much more we can expect from the Q&A sessions.