PDA

View Full Version : Roach and Hydralisk Future Plans

PsiWarp
05-19-2009, 11:15 PM
Update: It's come to light that Kichu was merely re-organizing the suggestions of the starter of the thread. This is not to be taken as official plans in that regard.

http://sclegacy.com/features/break.png

Kichu, a Korean Blizzard poster, has posted some future plans for the Hydralisk and the Roach. It has just recently been translated by one of our forum members, KDraconis (http://sclegacy.com/forums/member.php?u=422).

The Changes to Hydra and Roach
The Hydra and Roach are too expensive. They're not Zerg-like, but feel as though they have become Protoss. Also if units like the Ultralisk, that aren't very strong, have very high health, and are expensive are killed by splash damage, it's a great loss. Even in the past, Hydras dying from Psi Storms are a greater loss than Zerglings are, and Guardians are an even greater loss still. The Broodlord is a Hive unit, therefore its ability to withstand a lot of Storm damage is fitting for it. But, in my opinion, the improperly high-healthed and expensive Roach and Hydra should become a bit cheaper and should take on the Zerg-like trait of having to be in a large swarm. The control in balance would be incredibly difficult, but this change is necessary to make the Zerg more Zerg-like. Because of the Roach's unbelieveably high health, the regen rate had been constantly lowered. The Roach's cost should be lowered, the health lowered, and the regen rate increased to properly define the Roach's role. The Roach most closely resembles the bionic Medic. The Lurker's damage and the Dark Templar's damage had superiority against bionics. In this way, I think the Roach should also take double the damage from each hit and define it's superiority. In the case of the Hydra, considering that it must be properly balanced with the colossus, there isn't much room for change, but at least the Roach must feel more Zerg-like. Even more so because the Zerg aren't a race that invests minerals early-game for high strength. With these changes to the Roach, the Roach should be controlled like Zerg units should be controlled, and must be further defined in its role for it to be fitting to the Zerg race.Sources:
Korean StarCraft II Forum (http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?topicId=16903514426&sid=3005)
KDraconis' Translation (http://sclegacy.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3194&postcount=31)

------------------

히드라와 로치의 변경
히드라와 로치,, 너무 비쌉니다. 저그스럽지 못하고 프로토스화 된 느낌입니다. 더군다나 울트라같이 아주 강하지 않고 어중간하게 체력이 높고 비싼유닛이 스플래쉬대미지류에 죽으면 엄청난 손해입니다. 전작에서도 스톰에 저글링보다는 히드라가, 히드라보다 가디언이 녹는게 더 손해입니다. 브루드로드는 하이브유닛이고, 스톰류의 공격에 많이 버틸수 있으므로 어울립니다. 하지만 어중간하게 비싸고 체력이 있는 로치와 히드라는 약간 싸지고 저그스럽게 숫자가 많아져야 한다고 생각합니다. 벨런스조절이 엄창나게 힘들겠지만 이것은 저그가 저그다워지는 중요한 요소입니다. 로치는 지나치게 많은 체력때문에 기본컨셉인 리젠 속도를 자꾸 줄였습니다. 로치의 가격이 싸지고 체력을 줄이고 리젠속도를 올려야 로치의 성격이 더 뚜렷해질것입니다. 로치는 바이오닉 메딕과 가장 흡사합니다. 바이오닉의 경우 럴커의 데미지나 다크탬플러의 데미지와 상성을 이루었습니다. 로치의 체력도 1방에서 2방의 공격의 데미지와 상성을 이루어야 한다고 생각합니다.히드라 경우 콜러서스와 벨런스상의 수치가 중요했다면, 어쩔수 없지만 로치만이라도 저그의 물량의 느낌을 살려야합니다. 더욱이 저그는 초반에 미네랄을 병력에 투자하는 종족이 아닙니다. 비교적 적은 미네랄을 투자하여 만들어낸, 약하지만 리젠이 빠르고 숫자가 비교적 많은 로치, 저그답게 컨트롤을 더욱 극대화해서 이득을 보는것에 어울립니다.

Hydra and Roach, a change in Hydra and Loach, too expensive. Zug peurotoseuhwa feel like they are bad. Moreover, very strong together with ultra-high strength and high eojunggan feeder units in the U.S. dies, the Splash is a huge loss. Juggling in the Storm jeonjak than the Hydra, and Hydra nokneunge more damage than is the Guardian. Bruno DE hive unit load, and hold a lot of Storm in China, so goes the offense. Roach, and the strength eojunggan expensive, but the Hydra ssajigo some thought to be a lot of numbers like Zug. It is hard to control eomchangnage belreonseu zug zug dawo that it is an important element. Roach, too much strength that I have reduced the default rate keonsepin rijen. Roach, reduce the price of ssajigo physical nature of Roach rijen raise the speed is more tturyeothaejil. Roach, and most like me a medic down to the bayiohnik. Bio for Nick reolkeo of the damage and the Demi or the Dark sangseong taem plug was made. Roach, one of the fitness room and two room attack should think of the damage and to achieve sangseong. Belreonseu with the Hydra on the figures, if the caller is standing, you can help it got to Roach, is the feeling of at least the amount of Zug. Moreover, the history of mineral investment in Zug in the first race is not that. The minerals that made a relatively small investment, a relatively large number of shallow but fast rijen Loach, the Zug-like control to maximize the benefit goes to see her.

Even with google translator, I couldn't make out the specific details (though riijen sounds like HP regeneration), so would anyone care to translate? The rest of the Blizzard Representative post has some stuff about the Queen.

Source: http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?topicId=16903514426&sid=3005

-Psi

Eligor
05-19-2009, 11:27 PM
Someone definitely needs to translate this, Google translation makes me feel as if I need to be a cryptographer to understand it.

n00bonicPlague
05-19-2009, 11:34 PM
It's like a 4 year old commentating on an SC match and a football game simultaneously.

GRUNT
05-19-2009, 11:59 PM
Ooooh! New info! And needing to decipher it makes it more fun :P.

By the way, you guys are all wrong - this sounds like the episode "Darmok" from TNG ;).

"Belreonseu with the Hydra on the figures" :p

Here's my guess:

-The cost of Hydras and Roaches is too high.
-Hydras die too easily to splash damage
-Roaches are a little too tough and don't appear in numbers large enough to feel 'Zergy'.
-Rather than keep the Roach's HP as it is and reduce its regen, we're going to lower its HP and increase its regen to keep the unit's design flavourful
-Zug Zug will be making a cameo in StarCraft 2 :O

These are all totally noob guesses, so take it with a massive chunk of salt :].

Dauntless
05-20-2009, 12:57 AM
Translated with http://www.systran.co.uk/

Hydra and Loach fringe land
Hydra and Loach, is too expensive. The writing that cannot be is an impression which has become Protoss which cannot. In addition like ultra is quite not strong and the unit where the physical strength high is expensive halfway dies to the [su] flash light toward America tributary, is a damage. Former work than the juggling Hydra, than Hydra the guardian melts to more is damage with the storm. The [pu] the Rutgerus road is low Eve unit, the possibility of propping a lot to storm consideration attack is matches. But halfway to be expensive as for Loach and Hydra which are physical strength some thinks that the number of the writing cheap to become must become a lot be. The bell [len] the window the [su] control freezing makes be born, although, this writing he is real the writing that an important element he is. Loach made go to extremes, because of much physical strength reduced the Xen speed which is a basic concept repeatedly. Raises the Xen speed to reduce the physical strength the Loach price to become cheap the Loach character clearer will become. Loach bionic maul with Dick is close resemblance. Case of bionic [lel] to be big the unknown or dark [thaym] [phul] accomplished the unknown and an upper characteristic of the [le]. Thinks that also the Loach physical strength must accomplish the unknown and an upper characteristic of attack of 2 rooms at 1 room. If although from the Hydra case caller the [su] and the bell [len] the [su] coat number was important, possibility is not, the Loach bay must give the impression of the writing his amount of material. Besides writing him is not the race who to the opening invests the mineral to strength. Invests the mineral which wrote relatively and makes, although omits, Xen to be quick Loach the number a lot relatively, the writing that makes be real, more maximizes a control matches to seeing a profit.

Translated with Yahoo! Babel Fish:

With Hydra and with fringe land Hydra and, is expensive too. The writing that cannot be cannot is an impression which has become pro toss. Like ultra is not strong is not in addition quite and the unit where the physical strength is expensive halfway highly dies in the [su] flash light toward America tributary and is a damage. Even from former work that writing ring Hydra, Hydra D freezes in Tom [su] and this melts to more is a damage. The [pu] base draw under holds the possibility of propping plentifully in attack of Eve unit and Tom type [su] is matches. But halfway to be expensive is a physical strength with and Hydra some does not wrap, thinks that to be number of the writing must come to be many. The bell [len] the window the [su] control freezing makes be born and makes be difficult but this writing he the writing the [we] which is that is the important element falls. With hit and to make go to extremes basic [khen] [seyp] is [ceyn] reduced a speed repeatedly physical because many. With the price is not cheap, reduces a physical strength and [ceyn] raises a speed and with does the character the qualitative thing put on more clearly. With Dick the bio Nick maul which hits resembles closely most. Nick's bio case [lel] to be big the unknown dark [thaym] [phul] accomplished the unknown and an upper characteristic of the [le]. Thinks that with also the physical strength must accomplish the unknown and an upper characteristic of 2 round attacks from 1 round. If from Hydra case call [le] the [su] and the bell [len] the [su] coat shame is important, [e] [ccel] possibility is not with but only must save the impression of the writing his amount of material. More this writing him is not the race who in the opening invests the mineral in strength. Invests the mineral which writes relatively and makes and, omits but [ceyn] this to be quick number is many with, to the answer of the writing maximizes a control relatively and more in seeing a profit matches.

Zabimaru
05-20-2009, 01:09 AM
Reading this makes me feel drunk... I’ll wait for some kind soul to translate it first. :)

RainbowToeSocks
05-20-2009, 01:18 AM
my head hurts now
Anyone here speak Korean?

Dauntless
05-20-2009, 01:18 AM
Same, can't make anything out of it.

I actually posted in the korean forums now, asking for a translation. Though I might aswell just get a ban for posting in english :p

MattII
05-20-2009, 01:56 AM
Hydra and the Hydra, and Roach, Roach, of the change, too expensive. Zug feel like I'm peurotoseuhwa is not. Not very strong with even more ultra-expensive high-strength unit to eojunggan Splash in the U.S. die feeder is a huge loss. Juggling in the Storm jeonjak than the Hydra, and Hydra nokneunge more damage than is the Guardian. Bruno DE hive unit load, and hold a lot of Storm in China, so goes the offense. Roach, and the stamina to eojunggan expensive, but a little cheap Hydra Zug should think a lot of trouble is a number. It is hard to control eomchangnage belreonseu zug zug dawo that it is an important element. Due to the excessive strength keonsepin Roach, Lee keeps the speed is reduced. The strength of the price line cheap risokdoreul Roach Roach, the nature of the raise is more tturyeothaejil. Roach, and most like me a medic down to the bayiohnik. Bio for Nick reolkeo of the damage and the Demi or the Dark sangseong taem plug was made. Roach, one of the fitness room and two room attack should think of the damage and to achieve sangseong. Belreonseu with the Hydra on the figures, if the caller is standing, you can help it got to Roach, is the feeling of at least the amount of Zug. Moreover, the history of mineral investment in Zug in the first race is not that. The minerals that made a relatively small investment, a relatively large number of shallow but fast riyi Loach, the Zug-like control to maximize the benefit goes to see her.

This is with translate.eu, and isn't much (if any) better than google, though it's an improvement of Babelfish, Systran, and translate.reference.com.

Aldrius
05-20-2009, 03:58 AM
So what I can deduce from these translations... is that...

Zug... means Zerg.

Other than that I got nothing.

n00bonicPlague
05-20-2009, 04:28 AM
Judging by what some of the other posters said in replay to Dauntless,
all the CM did was rearrange the OP's post so people could understand it more clearly.

MattII
05-20-2009, 05:07 AM
What makes it really hard is not the fact that they're literal translations (word-for-word, rather than whole sentences), though that's bad enough, it's the gibberish (eg, peurotoseuhwa, eojunggan, jeonjak, nokneunge, etc.) that's really difficult.

FlashWar
05-20-2009, 05:14 AM
sounds like: http://www.ebaumsworld.com/flash/play/80635696/
lmao

DemolitionSquid
05-20-2009, 05:29 AM
"eomchangnage belreonseu zug zug dawo"

Since when did Google translate get Ewok?

Blazur
05-20-2009, 07:23 AM
Zug feel like I'm peurotoseuhwa is not.

Yeah, I've always felt the Zerg weren't peurotoseuhwa enough in SC2. Nice to finally get some Blue confirmation on this, and hopefully they'll address it 'soon'.

GRUNT
05-20-2009, 08:08 AM
I'm pretty sure "peurotoseuhwa" is "Protoss" :p.

Zabimaru
05-20-2009, 10:57 AM
I've had enough zug zug-ing and peurotosseuwa to last me a life time... I have sworn never to read this again. :p

GRUNT
05-20-2009, 11:09 AM
A couple of the Korean folks over there replied to Dauntless' request:

Our CM just post that questioner's question again and make it harmony,

So, never mind. CM doesn't post any other information.

As previously Crash_ajh said Kicho had not given any new nor his opinion regarding this topic

What he did is just rearrange the first post, so people can read more precisely with ease.

So there you have it - apparently, there's no new information. It's just a more organised version of the original poster's comments. :]

Zabimaru
05-20-2009, 11:15 AM
It’s sure as hell not very organised when its translated into English though. :p

Pandonetho
05-20-2009, 11:37 AM
If you pronounce peurotoseuhwa out loudly it almost sounds like the way Koreans would say it.

Rizhall
05-20-2009, 11:44 AM
I took the google translation, translated it back to Korean, and then back to English once more, and this is what I get. Maybe this is the true meaning:

Hebrews 드라 and Roach, Hydra and the dojo is too expensive to change. They feel like a bad peurotoseuhwa Zug. In addition, very strong way with ultra - high strength and high eojunggan feeder unit die in the United States, flash is a huge loss. Juggling in the Hydra jeonjak than Storm, and The Guardian is more than the Hydra nokneunge damage. Bruno DE hive unit load, and held in China, many of the Storm, so I will attack. Loach, and the strength of numbers, such as Zug ssajigo Hydra eojunggan expensive, but some are a lot of thought. It is important dawo eomchangnage belreonseu it is difficult to control the Zug-zug. Roach, too much power to reduce the basic rate keonsepin Rijen said. Roach, Roach ssajigo Rijen reduce the speed of the physical nature of the price increase is more tturyeothaejil. Loach, and doctors like me, the most down to bayiohnik. Damage the BIO plug-in, Nick was sangseong taem reolkeo and Demi, or Dark. Loach, a two-room Fitness room should think about the victims of the attack sangseong said. Standing with a number Belreonseu the Hydra if you call, you can help with it a feeling of Roach, at least the amount of Zug. The first race is the history of investment in the minerals of Zug. A relatively small investment, a relatively large number of shallow but fast Rijen loach, Zug - such as the control was created to maximize the benefits of minerals to see her go.

Zabimaru
05-20-2009, 11:54 AM
Hydra and the dojo is too expensive to change

I didn’t know hyrda’s did karate! :O

RamiZ
05-20-2009, 12:04 PM
feeder unit die in the United States
O_o? LOL!

n00bonicPlague
05-20-2009, 12:15 PM
Hmm............

...Hebrews, United States, China...

......Is this how Armageddon plays out?

Perfecttear
05-20-2009, 12:15 PM
Loach, a two-room Fitness room should think about the victims Does this mean that an upgraded roach is very strong(Fitness room) against enemies(victims) ;p

Eligor
05-20-2009, 12:17 PM
A "loach" by the way is a kind of small fresh-water fish, and now it's "officially" part of the Swarm.

I think you could build a whole new sci-fi slang based on these translations, what's with words like "rijen" and "bayiohnik". And of course there's a great number of such cryptic sentences as:

Standing with a number Belreonseu the Hydra if you call, you can help with it a feeling of Roach, at least the amount of Zug

This one sounds somewhat like a particularly hermetic and unsavoury recipe.

:D:D:D

Hammy
05-20-2009, 01:21 PM
"peurotoseuhwa" haha, toss! xD
"jeonjak" huh? Jean-Jacques?

Hammy
05-20-2009, 01:30 PM
Oh wait, lower on the page people are commenting on the blue post.
Basically they say (in english :p if you want to check) that the blue post doesn't give any news. He just rearranged the OP to make it easier to read... (or maybe people were saying that jokingly, dunno).

ArcherofAiur
05-20-2009, 03:21 PM
Loach bionic maul with Dick is close resemblance.

OH GOD!

@#%& it. Im just going to go teach myself Korean.

ihateyou916
05-20-2009, 07:20 PM
This is what I got:

Hydra and Roach, a change in
Hydra and Loach, too expensive. Zug peurotoseuhwa feel like they are bad. Moreover, very strong together with ultra-high strength and high eojunggan feeder units in the U.S. dies, the Splash is a huge loss. Juggling in the Storm jeonjak than the Hydra, and Hydra nokneunge more damage than is the Guardian. Bruno DE hive unit load, and hold a lot of Storm in China, so goes the offense. Roach, and the strength eojunggan expensive, but the Hydra ssajigo some thought to be a lot of numbers like Zug. It is hard to control eomchangnage belreonseu zug zug dawo that it is an important element. Roach, too much strength that I have reduced the default rate keonsepin rijen. Roach, reduce the price of ssajigo physical nature of Roach rijen raise the speed is more tturyeothaejil. Roach, and most like me a medic down to the bayiohnik. Bio for Nick reolkeo of the damage and the Demi or the Dark sangseong taem plug was made. Roach, one of the fitness room and two room attack should think of the damage and to achieve sangseong. Belreonseu with the Hydra on the figures, if the caller is standing, you can help it got to Roach, is the feeling of at least the amount of Zug. Moreover, the history of mineral investment in Zug in the first race is not that. The minerals that made a relatively small investment, a relatively large number of shallow but fast rijen Loach, the Zug-like control to maximize the benefit goes to see her.

KDraconis
05-20-2009, 07:22 PM
I can translate it.
Just wait a sec, I'll edit this post.

EDIT: Translation:

The Changes to Hydra and Roach
The Hydra and Roach are too expensive. They're not Zerg-like, but feel as though they have become Protoss. Also if units like the Ultralisk, that aren't very strong, have very high health, and are expensive are killed by splash damage, it's a great loss. Even in the past, Hydras dying from Psi Storms are a greater loss than Zerglings are, and Guardians are an even greater loss still. The Broodlord is a Hive unit, therefore its ability to withstand a lot of Storm damage is fitting for it. But, in my opinion, the improperly high-healthed and expensive Roach and Hydra should become a bit cheaper and should take on the Zerg-like trait of having to be in a large swarm. The control in balance would be incredibly difficult, but this change is necessary to make the Zerg more Zerg-like. Because of the Roach's unbelieveably high health, the regen rate had been constantly lowered. The Roach's cost should be lowered, the health lowered, and the regen rate increased to properly define the Roach's role. The Roach most closely resembles the bionic Medic. The Lurker's damage and the Dark Templar's damage had superiority against bionics. In this way, I think the Roach should also take double the damage from each hit and define it's superiority. In the case of the Hydra, considering that it must be properly balanced with the colossus, there isn't much room for change, but at least the Roach must feel more Zerg-like. Even more so because the Zerg aren't a race that invests minerals early-game for high strength. With these changes to the Roach, the Roach should be controlled like Zerg units should be controlled, and must be further defined in its role for it to be fitting to the Zerg race.

EDIT2: I underlined the word that I wasnt 100% certain about. Also, it might feel like there isn't a consistent flow, but it's because the grammar structure is different in Korean, like the position of the subject and verbs. I did my best, and at least it's better than "Loach, and doctors like me, the most down to bayiohnik."

ArcherofAiur
05-20-2009, 07:30 PM
Someone buy this man a beer.

Perfecttear
05-20-2009, 07:33 PM
Someone buy this man a beer.
Don't celebrate prematurly, he might make a fake translation, i know i would :p

Eligor
05-20-2009, 08:59 PM
Thanks man. This finally makes sense (though I'll be ever wondering what did it translate as "US river tributaries", "Dick" and "China"). :D

DemolitionSquid
05-20-2009, 09:57 PM
I'm drunk... again... and it makes sense.

So yay.

Zigurd
05-20-2009, 10:19 PM
I'm drunk... again... and it makes sense.

So yay.

This is your liver calling, stop doing this to me.

This is your heart calling, if you are going to drink, at least party.

DemolitionSquid
05-20-2009, 10:21 PM
This is your liver calling, stop doing this to me.

This is your heart calling, if you are going to drink, at least party.

I am partying!

Here, I'm the fuckin life of the party, bitch.

You're only as young as your criminal record.

RamiZ
05-20-2009, 11:04 PM
Thanks Man ;) Of course it makes sense, it is right translation ^^

PsiWarp
05-20-2009, 11:33 PM
Gotta Be KD!!

Sorry, couldn't resist :P

Thanks Khalis, much appreciated confirmation. We can only hope new information would surface soon~

-Psi

Zabimaru
05-21-2009, 02:15 AM
Great work KDraconis, I can read it now without images of a hydralisk in a martial arts outfit. :p

Dauntless
05-21-2009, 11:25 AM
The news is now up on the site. A big hands up to KDraconis =)

GRUNT
05-21-2009, 11:29 AM
Wha?

Dauntless - I saw your reply on the Korean Bnet forums, didn't you read what they said?

I posted it back on page 2 (which seems to have gone completely ignored), but you should have seen it for yourself since you replied as well, thanking them for the response to your question.

The Korean Community Manager wasn't discussing future plans for the Hydralisk and Roach - those are all the 'suggestions' and opinions of that thread's starter. All that the community manager did was re-organise the original poster's opinions to make them more understandable (I can only assume it wasn't very well written). :[

n00bonicPlague
05-21-2009, 11:38 AM
OMG thank you for translating this. We have been waiting forever to decrypt that post.

SpiderBrigade
05-21-2009, 12:36 PM
From the other thread on this subject:
Wha?

Dauntless - I saw your reply on the Korean Bnet forums, didn't you read what they said?

I posted it back on page 2 (which seems to have gone completely ignored), but you should have seen it for yourself since you replied as well, thanking them for the response to your question.

The Korean Community Manager wasn't discussing future plans for the Hydralisk and Roach - those are all the 'suggestions' and opinions of that thread's starter. All that the community manager did was re-organise the original poster's opinions to make them more understandable (I can only assume it wasn't very well written). :[Not sure which is correct but thought this should get posted here.

Dauntless
05-21-2009, 12:52 PM
Oh, I've obvisouly been a bit confused here. I'll change the news to enlighten this.

sandwich_bird
05-21-2009, 12:53 PM
So is this a suggestion or a change?

Dauntless
05-21-2009, 01:04 PM
Sorry about that, thanks for the heads up :p

Dauntless
05-21-2009, 02:06 PM
A suggestion from a normal poster.

Gradius
05-21-2009, 02:17 PM
Why is he reorganizing random threads instead of giving out info? <_<

PsiWarp
05-21-2009, 06:20 PM
Who touched my front page?!?!

To he who vandalized a work of art, I thank you for doing so in my absence :)

-Psi

ArcherofAiur
05-21-2009, 08:18 PM
Why is he reorganizing random threads instead of giving out info? <_<

Korean community managers are so involved they even help forumers write posts.

Dauntless
05-21-2009, 10:11 PM
And it's a huge post!