PDA

View Full Version : Blizzard Job Postings 1-15-2010

0neder
01-16-2010, 12:32 AM
http://www.coroflot.com/public/job_details.asp?job_id=24831
http://www.coroflot.com/public/job_details.asp?job_id=24830
I swear they don't have anyone and have been freaking out for the last year hoping not to get lynched by fans...

The_Blade
01-16-2010, 01:27 AM
They are probably just hirring more people, because they want to fix Battle.net "faster". Not that they don't have anyone working on it. Blizzard is a big company with over 200 employees. Most companies are prepared for the "expected" or predicted labour demand for a certain task. Though, surprises might occur and eventually adjustments might be made. Yet, adjustments might range from hirring to firing employees.

And as you can see, Blizzard is looking for junior staff. These guys flow even faster from project to project, with planned amounts of unemployment between jobs.

Crazy_Jonny
01-16-2010, 01:43 AM
Keep in mind they need Battle.net for D3 and future releases as well. This shouldn't reflect the progress of SC2's release.

n00bonicPlague
01-16-2010, 03:15 AM
So basically they need some peepz to tell 'em what people want, how to organize complicated stuff, and keep 'em from killing eachother in the process?

Hell, I could do that.

Gifted
01-16-2010, 10:05 AM
Another point to consider, opening positions in middle of January is very common in any industry in fact.

The_Blade
01-16-2010, 10:49 AM
Jeje, I used a doble negative.

killermofo
01-16-2010, 01:51 PM
My life for Hire!

Genopath
01-17-2010, 04:26 AM
Last time I checked, both of those are not classified as urgent in Blizzard's jobs site. That leads me to believe that they probably don't fully reflect Blizzard's overall progress with SC2. Although I have to say both jobs could directly involve battle.net 2.0. I just hope those job openings are related to long-term needs

On another note, I've never seen Blizzard hiring outside their official site.

n00bonicPlague
01-17-2010, 04:32 AM
Their official site seems to have postings of the big, flashy, uber-serious jobs. All big companies, however, need some lesser minions to boss around every once in a while. These listed positions probably have little to do with their actual games and more to do with organizing themselves.