PDA

View Full Version : Man recieves Starcraft 2 for Christmas! (Almost)

ArcherofAiur
01-12-2010, 02:39 PM
aiyeeta on Teamliquid.net just posted what he recieved for Christmas....the cruelest gift of all.

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/6940/img0481m.jpg
http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/4636/img0479s.jpg
http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/2043/img0478h.jpg
http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/5698/img0480w.jpg
http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/7900/img0482j.jpg
http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/4707/img0483a.jpg

Never be the only Starcraft nut in your group of friends that includes a Graphic Design major in his senior year...

Equiliari
01-12-2010, 02:55 PM
Haha, nice one :D

Sarov
01-12-2010, 03:02 PM
That's hilarious!

Now, I wonder if he was gullible enough to think that actually was StarCraft 2. I know I wouldn't have fallen for it.

This reminds of that time when I watched a video of some guy who got Modern Warfare 2 for his friend and replaced the CD. The CD he gave his friend, in the original box, was completely filled with countless tracks of Rick's Astley's Never Gonna Give You Up. His friend didn't clue in very fast.

GnaReffotsirk
01-12-2010, 03:03 PM
This is more than just a prank. You guys should get laws for this kind of stuff.

Oh, the cruelty!

sandwich_bird
01-12-2010, 03:10 PM
Wow that's crazy. So much details.

PhanttoM
01-12-2010, 03:15 PM
Never be the only Starcraft nut in your group of friends that includes a Graphic Design major in his senior year...

NICE USE OF FONT ON THE BACKCOVER

Oh how my typography teacher could choke anyone who did that.
Other than that, it looks pretty good - I wonder what words of cruelty were in the "manual". :D

Sarov
01-12-2010, 03:20 PM
Other than that, it looks pretty good - I wonder what words of cruelty were in the "manual". :D

Yes. I have also wondered what was in the "manual".

Blazur
01-12-2010, 03:26 PM
Yes. I have also wondered what was in the "manual".

...coming soon.

ArcherofAiur
01-12-2010, 03:27 PM
Blazur I shudder to think what would have happened if you had gotten your hands on these photos first :p

sandwich_bird
01-12-2010, 03:32 PM
Blazur I shudder to think what would have happened if you had gotten your hands on these photos first :p

He changed, he's not like that anymore. :rolleyes:

No he really isn't like that anymore.

Eligor
01-12-2010, 03:35 PM
This is beautiful. :cool:

DemolitionSquid
01-12-2010, 03:41 PM
He changed, he's not like that anymore. :rolleyes:

No he really isn't like that anymore.

OJ is more believable than Blazur.

Draco97
01-12-2010, 03:45 PM
Breaking News!

Tonight, a group of young adopted orphans and their respective orphanages were reported destroyed by one username "Draco97," of the online group "Starcraft: Legacy.". Also reported were vicious kickings of kittens and puppies.

Reports show that the beatings were a result of Draco receiving a fake copy of the video game "Starcraft II," for Christmas. Blizzard Entertainment, the developers of the game, fully support the action by this nerd psychopathic rage. This is what they had to say:

"Of course we support what Draco does. Why? Because he wants Starcraft II. Did you see what he did to that orphanage? He scouted the enemy, and developed the counters to the orphanage tactic of pacifism. And the kitten? Terrible Terrible Damage! Not only is that kitten screwed but now people are scarred as well. That's a hardcore player. We want to make casuals into hardcore players, and this is how we'll do it. Get people so hyped up that they can't take it and despise our guts but then give them one slightest bit of info and make them ours again.

Just wait when Diablo 3 is almost to beta.

And Cataclysm? Yeah, we named it that for a reason. A new world order is coming and we'll be there."

More at 11. Back to you Jim Bob.

Boredom = no fun

I would have gone ballistic. That was very well done.

Sarov
01-12-2010, 03:48 PM
Don't ask. I don't know

Welcome to Club Random?

Draco97
01-12-2010, 03:52 PM
Club Random and Boredom

spychi
01-12-2010, 04:01 PM
oh the cruelty

Gradius
01-12-2010, 04:12 PM
Well this is obviously fake since I have the real one:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/gradius00/other/dvdscfinal.jpg

spychi
01-12-2010, 04:15 PM
Well this is obviously fake since I have the real one:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/gradius00/other/dvdscfinal.jpg

hahahah Rockstar club ahahahhahahahahhahahah

Blazur
01-12-2010, 04:17 PM
SC2 is being co-developed by Rock*? Flipping sweet!

spychi
01-12-2010, 04:22 PM
SC2 is being co-developed by Rock*? Flipping sweet!

Grand Theft Vulture II: Mar Sara rush
Grand Theft Vulture II : The ballade of gay Horner

n00bonicPlague
01-12-2010, 04:52 PM
Damn......friggin' pwnt.

ArcherofAiur
01-12-2010, 05:01 PM
Gradius I would like to remind you that we are not above waterboarding to get Starcraft 2.

http://lounge.moviecodec.com/images/avatars/51703.gif
Do not force us to destroy you.

Black

The_Blade
01-12-2010, 05:47 PM
Wow, I believe his mind crashed after finding out there was no CD.

Eligor
01-12-2010, 06:16 PM
Breaking News!

Tonight, a group of young adopted orphans and their respective orphanages were reported destroyed by one username "Draco97," of the online group "Starcraft: Legacy.". Also reported were vicious kickings of kittens and puppies.

Reports show that the beatings were a result of Draco receiving a fake copy of the video game "Starcraft II," for Christmas. Blizzard Entertainment, the developers of the game, fully support the action by this nerd psychopathic rage. This is what they had to say:

"Of course we support what Draco does. Why? Because he wants Starcraft II. Did you see what he did to that orphanage? He scouted the enemy, and developed the counters to the orphanage tactic of pacifism. And the kitten? Terrible Terrible Damage! Not only is that kitten screwed but now people are scarred as well. That's a hardcore player. We want to make casuals into hardcore players, and this is how we'll do it. Get people so hyped up that they can't take it and despise our guts but then give them one slightest bit of info and make them ours again.

Just wait when Diablo 3 is almost to beta.

And Cataclysm? Yeah, we named it that for a reason. A new world order is coming and we'll be there."

More at 11. Back to you Jim Bob.

Lead Game Designer Dustin Browder declined to comment on the rampage of a disappointed fan who found out that the StarCraft 2 box presented to him on his birthday was a fake; he however was heard to mutter into his beard something about "Terrible, Terrible Damage..." and "the path to world domination being laid open". When further questioned, Browder glared at the reporters exclaiming that "The Macro Mechanics are not ready YET!" and with that cryptic remark disappeared into the vaults of Blizzard HQ.

When our reporters approached the Vice President of Creative Development Chris Metzen he was feverishly scribbling in a notebook and upon being questioned as to the aforementioned tragedy nodded sagely and agreed that "the Cycle is nearing its end and the artifacts are the key to end of all things."

The only forthcoming comment from Art Lead Samwise Didier was "the death animations rule, baby!", after which he took another swig of sake and proceeded to lay more digital brushstrokes upon a picture of a great horned individual in a space suit.

These news were brought to you by TnGnChK Networks, reporting from Blizzard Headquarters.

MattII
01-12-2010, 08:02 PM
I foresee aiyeeta laying terrible terrible damage upon said graphic designer, his property and his house.

Arkalis
01-12-2010, 08:13 PM
This reminds me a very nice phrase:

Can't Wait Any Longer

Of course I didn't believed it was real...Blizzard made a pact with the game companies to delay Starcraft2 and you waste your money buying refill games

DemolitionSquid
01-12-2010, 08:29 PM
Operation HIAT

ArcherofAiur
01-12-2010, 08:31 PM
Operation Starcraqi Freedom

starcraft2fr34k
01-13-2010, 02:06 AM
First of all I already knew it was fake because it's rate M for mature adults which is obviously not, of course...its T for Teens god dammit!! Man just seeing the fake game makes me want it more...Arrgggghhh!!!

FrozenArbiter
01-13-2010, 09:21 AM
Lead Game Designer Dustin Browder declined to comment on the rampage of a disappointed fan who found out that the StarCraft 2 box presented to him on his birthday was a fake; he however was heard to mutter into his beard something about "Terrible, Terrible Damage..." and "the path to world domination being laid open". When further questioned, Browder glared at the reporters exclaiming that "The Macro Mechanics are not ready YET!" and with that cryptic remark disappeared into the vaults of Blizzard HQ.

When our reporters approached the Vice President of Creative Development Chris Metzen he was feverishly scribbling in a notebook and upon being questioned as to the aforementioned tragedy nodded sagely and agreed that "the Cycle is nearing its end and the artifacts are the key to end of all things."

The only forthcoming comment from Art Lead Samwise Didier was "the death animations rule, baby!", after which he took another swig of sake and proceeded to lay more digital brushstrokes upon a picture of a great horned individual in a space suit.

These news were brought to you by TnGnChK Networks, reporting from Blizzard Headquarters.
I hope LoA forwards this to Senor Browder :P

Pandonetho
01-13-2010, 11:58 AM
Why would Blizzard use those screenshots for their Box anyway?

Josue
01-13-2010, 11:47 PM
this thread is so much fun LOL.

First of all I already knew it was fake because it's rate M for mature adults which is obviously not, of course...its T for Teens god dammit!! Man just seeing the fake game makes me want it more...Arrgggghhh!!!

Hmm, I also suspected from that, I remembered that somewhere Blizzard stated they were aiming to T rating, so seeing it rated as "M" made me think in Eligor's old signature.
[...]"this is another hoax"[...]
Heck I liked it! I thought I had saved it in a TXT file to quote it someday if the opportunity appeared like it did now, but it seems that I've lost the opportunity.

Alzarath
01-14-2010, 12:48 AM
The perfect lie.

Eligor
01-14-2010, 03:45 AM
I never understood by the way why should Diablo ever be rater "M", the kind of gore it contains is not that different from what is seen in StarCraft (yes, I know there are gutted corpses lying around here and there in Diablo, but they're so tiny as to make little difference as far as the shock factor is concerned).

DemolitionSquid
01-14-2010, 10:49 AM
I never understood by the way why should Diablo ever be rater "M", the kind of gore it contains is not that different from what is seen in StarCraft (yes, I know there are gutted corpses lying around here and there in Diablo, but they're so tiny as to make little difference as far as the shock factor is concerned).

I believe the answer is "tits."

Gifted
01-14-2010, 11:05 AM
I never understood by the way why should Diablo ever be rater "M", the kind of gore it contains is not that different from what is seen in StarCraft (yes, I know there are gutted corpses lying around here and there in Diablo, but they're so tiny as to make little difference as far as the shock factor is concerned).From my expirience making games, it's typically a combination of small things and not "one big thing". This includes a combination of the bloods/gore/combat, showing extreme amounts of flesh (Think assassin legs) on characters, religiously intrusive ideas such as going into hell and fighting demons, "black magics" such as rituals/references to sacrifices and a storyline that touches on on the destruction of heaven.

Some of those may seem trivial to you, but you may have to expose the thought into other countries that the game may be released in, typically all of these have to be considered in the rating of a game. Then again, some take it to a whole new extreme. *Gives a polite nod to Germany*

Pick
01-14-2010, 11:45 AM
I believe the answer is "tits."

That is the answer to any question worth asking.

sandwich_bird
01-14-2010, 12:28 PM
I believe the answer is "tits." Exactly. The mentality behind ESRB is “Violence and blood are cool but boobs and sex are the anti-Chris ". This should be the other way around.

Gifted
01-14-2010, 02:11 PM
I believe the answer is "tits."Titanic was PG-13, just an interesting counterpoint to this typical answer. I still laugh at whoever made this call though *chuckles*

Source: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120338/
"Rated PG-13 for disaster related peril and violence, nudity, sensuality and brief language. "

DemolitionSquid
01-14-2010, 06:15 PM
Titanic was PG-13, just an interesting counterpoint to this typical answer. I still laugh at whoever made this call though *chuckles*

Source: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120338/
"Rated PG-13 for disaster related peril and violence, nudity, sensuality and brief language. "

Titanic was a MOVIE.

D3 is a VIDEO GAME.

Different standards. Just ask Australia.

Gifted
01-14-2010, 06:20 PM
True enough, Demo. No matter the case, I still think it's an interesting counterpoint to your original answer, even if it represents more of the exception than the rule ;) Just because a counterpoint exists does not make your answer any more true or false :)

DemolitionSquid
01-14-2010, 06:27 PM
Just because a counterpoint exists does not make your answer any more true or false :)

... yes, yes it does!

"Evolution doesn't happen."
"Then why do human embryos start off with gills?"
"... PRAISE ALLAH!"

Eligor
01-15-2010, 10:05 AM
From my expirience making games, it's typically a combination of small things and not "one big thing". This includes a combination of the bloods/gore/combat, showing extreme amounts of flesh (Think assassin legs) on characters, religiously intrusive ideas such as going into hell and fighting demons, "black magics" such as rituals/references to sacrifices and a storyline that touches on on the destruction of heaven.

Some of those may seem trivial to you, but you may have to expose the thought into other countries that the game may be released in, typically all of these have to be considered in the rating of a game. Then again, some take it to a whole new extreme. *Gives a polite nod to Germany*

Makes sense I guess... Though I have a funny feeling pentagrams were the decisive factor (in WarCraft III the symbol appearing beneath Dreadlords performing a summoning ritual is a hexagram (Star of David), "only positive religious imagery for demons" policy?).

Gifted
01-15-2010, 10:18 AM
Actually, both can contribute the same amount of issues when putting the product through for rating approval. It's a matter that it can be viewed as offensive to those who don't follow a particular religion.

Eligor
01-15-2010, 10:27 AM
Actually, both can contribute the same amount of issues when putting the product through for rating approval. It's a matter that it can be viewed as offensive to those who don't follow a particular religion.

You're right... Just imagined how the Ultra-Orthodox religious layer overhere would react to their symbols being associated with demons (and from a computer game at that!). Good thing they don't play WarCraft... :D

Gifted
01-15-2010, 10:36 AM
Or do they >.> <.< *chuckles*

Glad to help enlighten on a few things ^_^

Genopath
01-15-2010, 03:44 PM
The box looks so awesome =)