PDA

View Full Version : suggestion: an official starcraft twitter update thread

protoss wrath
12-30-2009, 11:51 PM
I was thinking, with the latest update in Blizzard's twitter account about the picture of their satellite doodad SCL should make an official twitter update thread since Blizzard seems to be giving us little trinket updates on starcraft II's development more frequently now wether it's information on balancing or new pictures these seem to be more and more frequent. Does any one like this idea?
BTW satellite doodad update from twitter here: http://www.starcraft2.com/images/news/SCIIDoodad-TerranAntenna.jpg
You can also find it on their twitter page.

ArcherofAiur
12-30-2009, 11:53 PM
I was thinking, with the latest update in Blizzard's twitter account about the picture of their satellite doodad SCL should make an official twitter update thread since Blizzard seems to be giving us little trinket updates on starcraft II's development more frequently now wether it's information on balancing or new pictures these seem to be more and more frequent. Does any one like this idea?
BTW satellite doodad update from twitter here: http://www.starcraft2.com/images/news/SCIIDoodad-TerranAntenna.jpg
You can also find it on their twitter page.

Im ArcherofAiur and I approve this message.

DemolitionSquid
12-30-2009, 11:53 PM
I'm DemolitionSquid, and I'm drunk.

Santrega
12-30-2009, 11:55 PM
This should be in the feedback forum right? An sc2 forum thread about a hopeful sc2 forum thread just doesnt seem right to me...

protoss wrath
12-30-2009, 11:56 PM
I was going to put it in the feedback forum but at the last minute i decided to put it here since it had to do with starcraft II news ( the satellite picture.) if it needs to be moved then move it.

Santrega
12-31-2009, 12:18 AM
I was going to put it in the feedback forum but at the last minute i decided to put it here since it had to do with starcraft II news ( the satellite picture.) if it needs to be moved then move it.

Yeah, it doesn't really matter to me... I just figure the feedback forum is for suggestions on what to do on the site as a whole, and this particular suggestion has to do with that. The satellite pic has nothing to do with the thread either, its kinda weird. Two completely different topics..

Oh well... Anyway, a twitter update thread wouldnt be a bad idea... At least we wouldnt have to see a new thread about a twitter update every single time the sc2 team sends out a tweet.

ArcherofAiur
12-31-2009, 12:20 AM
It would be nice if there was some way to tell when a new twit was posted and not just someone commenting on a twitter post.

Santrega
12-31-2009, 12:22 AM
It would be nice if there was some way to tell when a new twit was posted and not just someone commenting on a twitter post.

Can you clarify this a little?

ArcherofAiur
12-31-2009, 12:27 AM
Just some way to tell from the forums whether there is actual twits rather then having to open the thread and find out its just someone commenting.

yah im lazy :p

Santrega
12-31-2009, 12:32 AM
Just some way to tell from the forums whether there is actual twits rather then having to open the thread and find out its just someone commenting.

yah im lazy :p

Cant they just update the OP with new Tweets w/link and date?

sandwich_bird
12-31-2009, 04:44 AM
I remember LoA saying on the suggestion forum that he had plans to put a small news feed for these kinds of things on the main page. You can try PMing him about it. As for a thread, feel free to make one. I could sticky it if you want.

Closed.

EDIT: Actually it was AJ. Here is what he said:

"SC:L's frontpage is usually used to focus on larger pieces of exclusive content, larger analysis, coverage, etc.

There are several projects in the works to find the best method to deliver short/fast news delivery when just trying to get users aware of what's happening without delivering SC:L's signature in-depth look."

Sorry for the mistake.