PDA

View Full Version : BLIZZARD POLL: Which race will you play for your first multi-player match?

n00bonicPlague
12-17-2009, 10:09 AM
Posted yesterday, but no one posted anything here.

Which race will you play for your first multi-player match?
http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?topicId=21971507826&sid=3000

go vote newbz

DemolitionSquid
12-17-2009, 10:12 AM
P-P-Prepare to feel the P-P-Power of the P-P-Protoss.

StrongCoffee
12-17-2009, 10:47 AM
Terran FTW.

Strenght. Pride. Honor. Cold fusion beers nīstims

n00bonicPlague
12-17-2009, 11:08 AM
I must confess Terran.

Islandsnake
12-17-2009, 12:48 PM
Random :d

Norfindel
12-17-2009, 01:42 PM
Zerg is first... WTF???

ExaltedDreams
12-17-2009, 01:43 PM
And what is wrong with the zerg being first, if i may ask ;)?

Zabimaru
12-17-2009, 01:50 PM
^are you like PerfectTear’s alter ego? :p

Proberly... Terran or Protoss first.

ExaltedDreams
12-17-2009, 01:56 PM
No , just a friend :)

As for myself probably terran first.

Gradius
12-17-2009, 01:57 PM
My first multiplayer match was at BC 08 & I was Terran. :D

Can't remember what my first SC2 match ever was. Like Squid, I shall also be hoping to test the p-p-p-ower of the p-p-protoss when SC2 or the beta is out.

Nicol Bolas
12-17-2009, 02:30 PM
I'm Zerg born, Zerg breed, and when I die, I'm Zerg dead.

However, the first actual multiplayer match I'll play will likely be as Terrans. I'll need time off-line (ie: vs. computers) to analyze and fully grok the new Zerg. In the meantime, I'll be doing 4-Thor drops on people.

Gt2slurp
12-17-2009, 02:37 PM
Protoss for sure =D

Artanis
12-17-2009, 03:26 PM
I can't choose one race actually so let it be Random...

Pandonetho
12-17-2009, 03:33 PM
Terran for sure.

Caliban113
12-17-2009, 04:21 PM
Terran fer sure - Although, I'm so terrible at Zerg, I may play them awhile to see if I can get the hang of using them - This, 'Spawn Larvae' bizness sounds pretty tempting. :)

^are you like PerfectTear’s alter ego? :p

HA! - thats the first thing I thought!

Rizhall
12-17-2009, 04:25 PM
I was gonna say Protoss, but I'm starting to like how Artanis and Islandsnake think FD

Jabber Wookie
12-17-2009, 04:41 PM
Xel Naga

SaharaDrac
12-17-2009, 05:12 PM
Beta is the time to find out which race is "yours". For the first couple months at the very least, or more likely through the whole beta, I'll be playing Random.

starcraftguy13
12-17-2009, 05:42 PM
personally. i'm going to play all 3, then decide which faction's best for me

starcraft2fr34k
12-17-2009, 06:03 PM
Protoss all the way!! Its because there strong, then there is army strong.. Most of all they own and im going to live up it for the Protoss and die for them too.

TheEconomist
12-17-2009, 06:12 PM
Posted yesterday, but no one posted anything here.

I was going to but I don't like posting useless news especially when it's a question Blizzard's already asked multiple times.

AegisKHAOS
12-17-2009, 08:08 PM
I'd personally go random myself. Though the race I'm most attached to is Terran, I'd actually want to give all three races a try regardless.

Zahar
12-17-2009, 09:04 PM
Probably Terran, unless I'm feeling adventurous.

Protoss in that case. I like protoss better, but happen to have better results with terran :P

Kimera757
12-17-2009, 10:32 PM
Zerg. They're just cool.

Dragoonx
12-18-2009, 04:06 AM
I played Protoss first this past blizzcon so I'll probably do that again whenever I get my hands on the real game.

imdrunkontea
12-18-2009, 05:46 AM
Terran, because I think their gameplay (esp tvp and tvt) have changed the most from sc1.

Norfindel
12-18-2009, 07:33 AM
And what is wrong with the zerg being first, if i may ask ;)?
Nothing "wrong", but i didn't expected that, as the Zerg seems to be the least developed race.

MetalHeadClan
12-18-2009, 08:16 AM
Nothing "wrong", but i didn't expected that, as the Zerg seems to be the least developed race.

i'm being forced to agree.
i'll probably play protoss first 'cause they're the strongest race [for the time being.] but because the game is barely in beta i cant say for sure.
maybe the zerg will get some kind of new interesting stuff [i hope they will.] and then i'll go for zerg first.

the thing is, that, i love zerg but protoss new mechanics just too cool to be ignored.
but as i said if zerg will get something new and interesting i'll definitely play zerg as soon as i get the game.

the random is a idea choice though. =]

TheEconomist
12-18-2009, 08:42 AM
Silly me. I forgot to answer the question :D

I'm going to Random for a while to get the feel of all races and to enjoy the changes.

RamiZ
12-18-2009, 11:24 AM
My signature says it all.

Shadow Archon
12-18-2009, 01:25 PM
Protoss.

sandwich_bird
12-18-2009, 01:48 PM
Ima go Terran. "You called down the thunder, now reap the whirlwind"

Triceron
12-18-2009, 01:58 PM
Terrans, most definately. I'll probably try each race to see how they play, but Terrans were the most interesting race to me. Hard to say with this new lineup though, Zerg are looking more interesting with improved gameplay mechanics such as unlimited unit selection and zerg macro mechanics. It will be easier to mass and control hordes of units.

protoswarrior
12-18-2009, 06:09 PM
Should I even have to? ^_^

Protoss for life!

:D

ZEAL0T
12-18-2009, 06:09 PM
1-Protoss!
2-Terran
3-Zerg
Will be GREAT!

Which gift blizzard will give us in this christmas?

Maybe a BR5?

RolleR_RATM
12-18-2009, 06:59 PM
The first thing i will do is that i play through the campaign 100 times cause i am a story/lore addict.

after that i think i choose Zerg as the multiplayer race.

DemolitionSquid
12-18-2009, 07:06 PM
The first thing i will do is that i play through the campaign 100 times cause i am a story/lore addict.

after that i think i choose Zerg as the multiplayer race.

I'd play campaign too, but I gotz a beta key, so0o0o0o...:D

KadajSouba
12-18-2009, 09:46 PM
Terrans FTW.

Its the most exciting race by far. Really really far. Specifically I want to try the viking. I couldnt when SC2 came to the Mexican game show.

DemolitionSquid
12-18-2009, 09:56 PM
OK, seriously, wtf is with all the Terran love? Humans are BORING. There is nothing new or exciting about them. Everything there is to know about them is known.

Any earth animal, and certainly any extraterrestrial, is infinitely more interesting than humans to me.

Gradius
12-18-2009, 09:58 PM
But Squid, they're just like us! :3

only sci-fi-ish

DemolitionSquid
12-18-2009, 09:59 PM
But Squid, they're just like us! :3

only sci-fi-ish

Which is why they're boring... they're not new, or improved, or anything.

DemolitionSquid
12-18-2009, 10:18 PM
No I agree, humans suck. It's like the Protoss say, the only good humans are found on the ends of Psi Blades.

And like the Zerg say, KEKEKEKEKEKE!!!

Pandonetho
12-19-2009, 06:20 PM
Foolish Protoss and Zerg lovers, so simple and primitive, needing the guidance of near gods while the Terrans have always solved their own problems themselves.

You Protoss aren't anything that special, you can't even boast about how much more "green" you are than the Terrans who have mastered cold fusion and have a near infinite source of energy now.

DemolitionSquid
12-19-2009, 06:32 PM
Foolish Protoss and Zerg lovers, so simple and primitive, needing the guidance of near gods while the Terrans have always solved their own problems themselves.

#1:
Protoss always had less Gods than Humans, and now have none because they know better. They also have physical proof their God existed. And Zerg never considered the Xel'Naga as Gods. Terrans lost their Gods long after the Protoss did.

#2:
Many other species in the SC universe reached sentience on their own. The Kalathi for one. Just because Humans weren't "uplifted" like the Protoss or Zerg means they're unique. They're not.

You Protoss aren't anything that special, you can't even boast about how much more "green" you are than the Terrans who have mastered cold fusion and have a near infinite source of energy now.

#3:
The Protoss are completely powered by cosmic radiation. They are greener than Humans could ever be.

The_Blade
12-19-2009, 06:38 PM

Wonder how Earth looks like after finding the 1,000,000 ways of not being green.

AegisKHAOS
12-19-2009, 10:40 PM
OK, seriously, wtf is with all the Terran love?

Two words: booze, broads.

That is all.

Pandonetho
12-19-2009, 10:56 PM
#1:
Protoss always had less Gods than Humans, and now have none because they know better. They also have physical proof their God existed. And Zerg never considered the Xel'Naga as Gods. Terrans lost their Gods long after the Protoss did.

Gods never actually existed for the Terrans, unlike the Protoss which actually had the help of an uber high tech race guide them.

#2:
Many other species in the SC universe reached sentience on their own. The Kalathi for one. Just because Humans weren't "uplifted" like the Protoss or Zerg means they're unique. They're not.

Yes, except for the fact that the Kalathi are weak and can't even defend themselves. And then there's the arrogant Protoss who think they're all that and stuff and go mess with other's species affairs, and end up making things worse.

#3:
The Protoss are completely powered by cosmic radiation. They are greener than Humans could ever be.

That doesn't matter, the fact that Terrans have cold fusion mean that they have zero need for nonrenewable fossil fuels. Just look at Korhal, it's an amazing city scape.

Then look at Shakuras, nice primitive villages you got there Protoss. For a race so advanced it's nice to know they still separate themselves as tribes and wear rags and Zerg bones like barbarians.

Last but not least, humans are infinitely more interesting than any "species" you care to list, of course IMO, since you know, we actually have culture. We're AMAZED when something like an ape can do math because that's just how advanced we are. But I can't ignore your opinion either, you're only human, you have to use your human capacity to understand the intricasies of fictional species because, we invented them after all. Everything about the Protoss that impresses you, or the Zerg, you should be thanking humans for inventing, because it's the human mind that has the capacity to create such species, the art, the imagination of it all, the theory, the "alieness" of it all.

DemolitionSquid
12-20-2009, 06:35 AM
I say: Aliens are more interesting than humans.
You say:

Gods never actually existed for the Terrans, unlike the Protoss which actually had the help of an uber high tech race guide them.

Has nothing to do with as an argument against my position.

Yes, except for the fact that the Kalathi are weak and can't even defend themselves. And then there's the arrogant Protoss who think they're all that and stuff and go mess with other's species affairs, and end up making things worse.

The Protoss don't go around "interfering with other races making things worse." They had a non-interference clause with the Terrans, and a protectionist act. They attacked Chau Sara to purge the Zerg to HELP the Terrans, and themselves. The Terrans wrongly took it as an attack on them. Was it the correct move on the part of the Protoss; probably not. But its not like the Terrans haven't made mistakes.

And again, has nothing to do as an argument against my position.

That doesn't matter, the fact that Terrans have cold fusion mean that they have zero need for nonrenewable fossil fuels. Just look at Korhal, it's an amazing city scape.

How you don't understand that solar energy is better than cold fusion is beyond me, the benefits and reduced cost of powering with stellar wind over a device that could explode in a mushroom cloud should be obvious.

I think a species which can literally go green and warp space/time is pretty sweet. Its my opinion.

Then look at Shakuras, nice primitive villages you got there Protoss. For a race so advanced it's nice to know they still separate themselves as tribes and wear rags and Zerg bones like barbarians.

Irrelevant to this discussion, but quantum barbarians are better than just barbarians.

Last but not least, humans are infinitely more interesting than any "species" you care to list, of course IMO, since you know, we actually have culture. We're AMAZED when something like an ape can do math because that's just how advanced we are. But I can't ignore your opinion either, you're only human, you have to use your human capacity to understand the intricacies of fictional species because, we invented them after all. Everything about the Protoss that impresses you, or the Zerg, you should be thanking humans for inventing, because it's the human mind that has the capacity to create such species, the art, the imagination of it all, the theory, the "alieness" of it all.

I believe there is life out there in the Universe, apart from what humanity has imagined. It is those aliens along with the ones human minds create which I find more interesting because they are unknown, and thus your argument is moot.

Pandonetho
12-20-2009, 01:56 PM
Has nothing to do with as an argument against my position.

lolwut? You were talking about the Protoss and Terran and something to do with gods, and I replied to that. Then you make some kind of unrelated reply "it is irrelevant!!11"
That's great, why don't you actually stay on topic? You know, I was talking initially about the Protoss and the Terrans, and you replied about how the Protoss had less gods than the Terrans (which is BS btw)? And now you're saying my reply to that is irrelevant?

The Protoss don't go around "interfering with other races making things worse."

Uh, did you forget what happened to the Kalathi when the Protoss started to wipe them out with their War Machines?

They had a non-interference clause with the Terrans, and a protectionist act. They attacked Chau Sara to purge the Zerg to HELP the Terrans, and themselves. The Terrans wrongly took it as an attack on them. Was it the correct move on the part of the Protoss; probably not. But its not like the Terrans haven't made mistakes.

Humans are known to make mistakes, that's what defines us. The Protoss think they're so great that they can go around protecting everything because they're that arrogant, when in reality the Terrans are much more of a threat than an actual "species that needs protecting." They should be focusing on protecting themselves against the Zerg, and stop focusing on "Protecting" other species.

How you don't understand that solar energy is better than cold fusion is beyond me, the benefits and reduced cost of powering with stellar wind over a device that could explode in a mushroom cloud should be obvious.

I understand just fine, all I'm sayin is that Terrans are hardly a polluting race, and that's a major change from how you say "Terrans are boringz they nevar change."

I believe there is life out there in the Universe, apart from what humanity has imagined. It is those aliens along with the ones human minds create which I find more interesting because they are unknown, and thus your argument is moot.

You're funny, saying everything about my argument is irrelevant and moot, when it is all subjective and opinionated. Get a grip buddy, I'm not trying to convince you to change your mind, you're the one somehow arguing that any other species on Earth is more interesting than humans. Well good for you, I think humans are infinitely more interesting because of everything we have accomplished.

Last but not least, you said aliens are more interesting than humans, and I again went on to talk about the Protoss, are they not aliens? When I make points about them and compare it to humanity, I'm debating a position on how aliens are more or less interesting than humanity. How that's irrelevant to your position is beyond me, just keep throwing out little childish posts then, don't mind me and my opinion.

If you'd bothered actually reading the debate, you're the one who's pretty much attacking me for my reasons on why I think humans are the most interesting species known to man. You say everyone about humans that there is to know, is already known. Go live the rest of your life in ignorance.

Norfindel
12-20-2009, 04:53 PM
Ha! The Terrans only continue to exist, because the Zerg found a better challenge.

DemolitionSquid
12-20-2009, 04:55 PM
The argument isn't which race is more powerful, or efficient, or creative. Its over which is more interesting, because of those factors and a billion others. And for me, Terrans and humanity are at the bottom of the list.

Santrega
12-20-2009, 05:03 PM
The argument isn't which race is more powerful, or efficient, or creative. Its over which is more interesting, because of those factors and a billion others. And for me, Terrans and humanity are at the bottom of the list.

That's totally speciesist! Alien lover!

Perfecttear
12-20-2009, 05:10 PM
Well an Cthulhu isn't an human i think :p

DemolitionSquid
12-20-2009, 05:11 PM

http://www.joysf.com/files/attach/images/2705510/2871420/Selendis.jpghttp://agymenes.hu/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/Quarian.jpg

And proud of it.

KadajSouba
12-20-2009, 07:28 PM
Its unfair. Protoss and zergs got their epic endings on SC1 and BW. Its time for the meat bags to rise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0neder
12-21-2009, 03:06 AM
I'm excited to mess around with the new air options now that scourge are gone. Especially Toss and Terran air. Void Rays and Banshees FTW.

Eligor
12-21-2009, 06:39 AM
I think that my avatar and signature image are evidence enough. :cool:

Gifted
12-21-2009, 12:32 PM
I'll go random. But there is a specific reason for that <.< >.> >.<

SaharaDrac
12-21-2009, 07:48 PM
I'll go random. But there is a specific reason for that <.< >.> >.<

Because you grew up in a military family and got shuffled around a lot, and the indecisiveness affects you even now in adulthood???

Mutiny
12-23-2009, 10:16 AM
And proud of it.

Seconded, for Tali and Selendis. :)

First game I'll probably play will likely be as Protoss.

Crazy_Jonny
12-23-2009, 11:43 AM
Its unfair. Protoss and zergs got their epic endings on SC1 and BW. Its time for the meat bags to rise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you forgetting that almost the whole single player mode of WoL is deticated to the Terrans?

Anywho, my first game will likely be protoss, just because I've always liked protoss, and I can't wait to use warp-in. Zerg are on the bottom, but I am excited on playing them to see how they work out. I think most of these opinions are based on who we played in SC1.

Xyvik
12-23-2009, 05:34 PM
My first match, and every single match after that, will and always shall be Random. :cool:

arsedestroyer
12-25-2009, 07:20 PM
P-P-Prepare to feel the P-P-Power of the P-P-Protoss.

Professor Quirrel much? :D

emikochan
12-26-2009, 02:28 PM
Protoss.

Roobster
12-27-2009, 07:40 PM
My life for Aiur!